A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 03-03-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 04-03-2023

This could be interesting music fans

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 06-03-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 17-03-2023

Lance Reddick has passed away unfortunately. Probably one of my fave TV actors. He was only 60.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 17-03-2023

Just saw that myself. An amazing actor, alwayd had such a great screen presence.

Rest In Peace

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ShaneU - 18-03-2023

Noooooo  Sad RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 20-03-2023

Fun new Aussie Post-Apocalytic Comedy Series, Class Of '07, dropped on Amazon Prime there at the weekend. Just finished it and thought it was great. Best way to describe it would be Mean Girls meets Lost. 8 x 30 minute episodes in the first season, so very easily digestable as well.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ShaneU - 20-03-2023

Watched the first season of Clarkson's farm. Wasn't expecting it to be so educational. Also gave me a lot of respect for farmers, it's a ton of work and the weather can cost them a fortune.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 20-03-2023

(20-03-2023, 04:09 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Watched the first season of Clarkson's farm. Wasn't expecting it to be so educational. Also gave me a lot of respect for farmers, it's  a ton of work and the weather can cost them a fortune.

It's actually fantastic, myself and Necrina were hooked and watched both seasons in about four nights. The second season isn't as educational but still very enjoyable nonetheless. Infuriating in parts too, without spoiling anything.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 20-03-2023

@Mam of 4  I think you should put yourself forward as host of The Late Late Show now Ryan is going  Wink Big Grin get @HildaSilvioOgden as co host and take it on the road

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - HildaSilvioOgden - 20-03-2023

Definitely 🤣

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Mam of 4 - 21-03-2023

(20-03-2023, 07:33 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: @Mam of 4  I think you should put yourself forward as host of The Late Late Show now Ryan is going  Wink Big Grin get @HildaSilvioOgden as co host and take it on the road

Ooh excellent idea Liz !

Ok Sylvio, are we suited and booted and ready to bring a touch of class (mafia style) to this 🐟🐠🐟🐠🐟🐟🐡

🤣

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 03-04-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 08-04-2023

The excellent underrated Rectify starts tonight at 9pm on VM3

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 10-04-2023

The final season of Succession

SpoilerShow Content

Sad

Mod Edit: reminder to have consideration for others when posting about currently running shows. Use of spoiler tags advised if mentioning plot points.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 13-04-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 20-04-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 27-04-2023

Jerry Springer dead at age 79 from cancer

RIP

His show was pure trash but highly addictive TV

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 11-05-2023

Matlock is back 

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 21-05-2023

Coming to Disney +

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ShaneU - 24-06-2023

Watching Glastonbury. The Arctic Monkeys have turned into one of the bands they used to make fun of in their songs. Awful crooning, ruining their older songs

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 24-06-2023

(24-06-2023, 12:12 AM)ShaneU Wrote: Watching Glastonbury. The Arctic Monkeys have turned into one of the bands they used to make fun of in their songs. Awful crooning, ruining their older songs

I thought Alex voice was gone hence the Irish gig cancelled 

Cate Blanchett was on stage with Sparks

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 04-07-2023

If anyone missed and does not stream

Schitt's Creek is coming to Dave starting July 17th

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 14-08-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 15-08-2023

Bloody hell, that looks kind of awesome...!

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 17-08-2023

(15-08-2023, 12:03 PM)E.N. Wrote: Bloody hell, that looks kind of awesome...!

It starts 27th of August on BBC1

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 17-08-2023

Anyone watched Red Rose? Halfway through it now after it popped up on Netflix this week though it was released by BBC last year I think. Very dark, much darker than stuff the Beeb have produced that I've seen anyways. There's also an arrangement of 'Barbie Girl' in the show that I can't stop listening to since!

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 31-08-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 12-09-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Spears - 13-09-2023

@jp liz v1 I don't watch a lot of TV but but those last 3 posts look really interesting 👌

I don't ever like scary stuff, but I did brave my way through the Hill House & Bly Manor and end up really enjoying them. 
That last post looks a little bit more jumpy but maybe I could get through it in the daytime 😅

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 13-09-2023

I am finding The Woman in the Wall a tad confusing with what is real or not but I will stick it out

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 14-09-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 14-09-2023

Anyone else ever watch any of the Paranormal Investigation shows on Discovery+?

I've really gone down the rabbit hole with them this year, and I'm far more likely to throw on a Paranormal Investigation show these days than bother with any scripted critically acclaimed drama series...

Destination Fear is my favourite and the one that really caught my interest initially.

Portals To Hell is really cool, and actually I think any of the shows Jack Osbourne is involved in is worth watching, I think he comes across as one of the most genuine investigators, always with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Expedition X has a real Mulder & Scully dynamic and is probably the most accessible entry into the genre overall.

Ghost Hunters, The Holzer Files, and The Dead Files are a few of the others I currently enjoy a lot.

The only ones I'd avoid like the plague and recommend others give a wide berth is Ghost Adventures and anything starring Zak Bagans - he's a supreme douchenozzle and unbearable to watch.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 25-09-2023

David McCallum, who starred as Illya Kuryakin alongside Robert Vaughn’s Napoleon Solo in the 1960s hit spy drama “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.” and had a supporting role as pathologist Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard on the top-rated series “NCIS” decades later, died Monday of natural causes in New York City. He was 90.

RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 28-09-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 06-10-2023

Despite my ever waning interest in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as one of the few remaining characters I'm even remotely interested in, I decided to give Loki Season 2 Premiere a shot... YAWN!!! 45 minute episode for what should've been a 5 minute sequence in a movie... Won't bother with watching any more of it...

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 11:19 AM)RSOAPS Wrote: Despite my ever waning interest in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as one of the few remaining characters I'm even remotely interested in, I decided to give Loki Season 2 Premiere a shot... YAWN!!! 45 minute episode for what should've been a 5 minute sequence in a movie... Won't bother with watching any more of it...

They're churning out an awful lot of shite these days purely for the sake of it I find.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 06-10-2023

Seperately, is Riverdale worth a watch? I'm in between shows at the moment and debating on starting that or going back to Sons of Anarchy for another spin

(06-10-2023, 12:15 PM)Necro Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 11:19 AM)RSOAPS Wrote: Despite my ever waning interest in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as one of the few remaining characters I'm even remotely interested in, I decided to give Loki Season 2 Premiere a shot... YAWN!!! 45 minute episode for what should've been a 5 minute sequence in a movie... Won't bother with watching any more of it...

They're churning out an awful lot of shite these days purely for the sake of it I find.

Sometimes I wonder if its just me, because I've become awfully jaded with "Must See TV" in general in recent years - I watched the first seasons of Succession and Yellowstone because people kept telling me I "just had to" watch them, and it was just a chore, overly long episodes that kind of plod along that rely more on high calibre acting and great cinematography than anything of substance such as likeable characters or interesting stories. (Also with those two shows in particular - am I the only person on the planet who has zero interest in watching morally corrupt rich characters being awful to everyone around them and bitching about how awful it is to only be multi-millionaires rather than multi-billionaires???  Rolleyes)

Plus add superhero fatique on top of that and I shouldn't be surprised that I wasn't enthralled by Loki's latest outing, but on paper the God of Mischief + Time Travel should be a home run. The first season was mostly decent, so I thought I just might enjoy the second, but nah it's merely another exercise in churning out mediocre content for the masses.

Conversely, I'm rewatching several '90s and early '00s sitcoms these days, including Will & Grace, Everybody Loves Raymond, The King of Queens, and 3rd Rock From The Sun, and its like a breath of fresh air compared to the current doom-and-gloom scripted TV landscape. Every 20 minute episode has a beginning, a middle, and an end, its a nice easy watch, has plenty of laughs and likeable characters, and they just don't make nice simple shows like these anymore which is a shame.

In retrospect, this probably belonged in the Rant Thread, but it fits here too I guess...

(06-10-2023, 12:31 PM)Necro Wrote: Seperately, is Riverdale worth a watch? I'm in between shows at the moment and debating on starting that or going back to Sons of Anarchy for another spin

Riverdale really isn't worth it. First season was pretty decent and an interesting take on the Archie characters, but the novelty quickly wears off and it becomes a hot mess after that. I gave up about halfway through the second season initially, but went back when Luke Perry died to see how they handled his death, but once I reached that point, I opted out again as the show had lost the run of itself. The adult characters like Luke Perry, Skeet Ulrich, and Madchen Amich, are always enjoyable to watch despite the ridiculous stories they find themselves in, but overall the show isn't worth the time of day.