A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 06:34 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 06:26 PM)nothing Wrote: You're so right about the air time, the 3rd or 4th banishment, someone voted for one guy and I was like who?! And not seen much of them in the few eps since, despite them still being in the game.

There were one or two that got so little air time I wondered if they had committed a felony or something between end of filming and start of airing so that they didn't really want to show them on-screen

Think that happened in the middle of one of the AU masterchef seasons and a guy disappeared from the opening credits after a few weeks lol

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 06:38 PM)nothing Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 06:34 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: There were one or two that got so little air time I wondered if they had committed a felony or something between end of filming and start of airing so that they didn't really want to show them on-screen

Think that happened in the middle of one of the AU masterchef seasons and a guy disappeared from the opening credits after a few weeks lol

Does happen on Reality Shows every now and then, but usually they put a disclaimer on the show itself or give a reason online as to why we're not seeing much or any or someone in particular.

I had a google search for one of the contestants from The Traitors AU after the season aired to see what the craic was, but couldn't find anything to explain such a bad edit

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 06:47 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 06:38 PM)nothing Wrote: Think that happened in the middle of one of the AU masterchef seasons and a guy disappeared from the opening credits after a few weeks lol

Does happen on Reality Shows every now and then, but usually they put a disclaimer on the show itself or give a reason online as to why we're not seeing much or any or someone in particular.

I had a google search for one of the contestants from The Traitors AU after the season aired to see what the craic was, but couldn't find anything to explain such a bad edit

Maybe they're just a very very boring person!

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 06:50 PM)nothing Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 06:47 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Does happen on Reality Shows every now and then, but usually they put a disclaimer on the show itself or give a reason online as to why we're not seeing much or any or someone in particular.

Maybe they're just a very very boring person!

So is yer man Rayan on the UK one, but at least I know who he is, unlike a few in the Aussie one, who over halfway through the season, I was like, "hang on, who the fuck is this prick? Have they always been here?"  Tongue

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 13-12-2022

Fecking BBC schedule keeps changing, goddamn world cup. Episode 7 of Traitors at 9pm tonight

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 13-12-2022

(13-12-2022, 08:00 PM)nothing Wrote: Fecking BBC schedule keeps changing, goddamn world cup. Episode 7 of Traitors at 9pm tonight
Only four games left Wink

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Kol - 13-12-2022

Im watching it on the ITV player, is it also on BBC? Why are both channels showing it?

Edit, or are they just rescheduling even though they are not showing the football?

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 13-12-2022

(13-12-2022, 08:13 PM)Kol Wrote: Im watching it on the ITV player, is it also on BBC? Why are both channels showing it?

Edit, or are they just rescheduling even though they are not showing the football?

Think BBC had cleared the schedule for tonight at some point last week and filled it with repeats, in case England would be playing (I don't know if that was a possibility at any point, I don't follow the soccer ball nonsense) and they didn't want to put any ratings favourites against an England game (which is standard fare for any of the UK broadcasters)

They changed it again Sunday night and put the likes of EastEnders and The Traitors back in the mix

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 14-12-2022

Losing the plot with bbc now. Football on tonight, Traitors pushed to tomorrow

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 15-12-2022

(14-12-2022, 07:44 PM)nothing Wrote: Losing the plot with bbc now. Football on tonight, Traitors pushed to tomorrow

Welcome to my world...

Soaps get punted around the schedule at last minute every time there's a kickball cup or eurofoot tournament - spent the past 3 or so weeks just trying to figure out when the next episodes of Emmerdale, EastEnders and Corrie were gonna be on... and people wonder why I loathe sports

Had only just recovered from all the schedule changing nonsense that went on when yer wan across the pond popped her clogs and they just had to televise the two week build up to the funeral of a nonagenarian

[Image: stolen-from-facebook-v0-ehs6es8dpjn91.jp...f646f73f6e]

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 17-12-2022

Henry Cavill who Wednesday officially hung up his Man of Steel cape after Warner Bros. announced it is going in a new Superman direction thanks to DC Studio heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, is attached to star and executive produce a series adaptation of Warhammer 40,000, the popular science-fiction fantasy miniature wargame that is set up at Amazon

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Spears - 18-12-2022

Henry Cavill - what a delicious man! Tongue

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 01-01-2023

New Call the Midwife and Happy Valley from 8pm tonight on BBC 1

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 21-01-2023

Gave That 90s Show a binge last night. Twas grand, a nice nostalgic filled hit. 10 episodes seems too short though per season.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 12:56 PM)Necro Wrote: Gave That 90s Show a binge last night. Twas grand, a nice nostalgic filled hit. 10 episodes seems too short though per season.

Watched the first 3 episodes, thought it was fine, but nothing special. Nice to have Red and Kitty there (although Red mellows too much too quickly once Eric leaves in the pilot) and the Leo cameo was a delight, but the other cameos were 'meh' and really it doesn't feel '90s to me.

It's also too late now for it to win me over anyway...

Decided earlier this month to cut the chord on Netflix, so today is my last day before the subscription runs out, aside from the final seasons of Cobra Kai, Stranger Things, The Umbrella Academy, and what will likely be the last season of Sex Education, all of which I can just sail the seven seas for anyway, I don't feel like I'll be missing out on much.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 21-01-2023

(21-01-2023, 12:56 PM)Necro Wrote: Gave That 90s Show a binge last night. Twas grand, a nice nostalgic filled hit. 10 episodes seems too short though per season.

I'm not keen on the new kids

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 24-01-2023

[Image: O1Vp.gif]

Starz reviving Party Down

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 24-01-2023

Enjoyed US Traitors, satisfying ending. Also enjoyed That 90s Show.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 27-01-2023

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 29-01-2023

Happy Valley here I come....

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 30-01-2023

Annie Wersching, the actress who starred in 24, Bosch and Timeless among others, died Sunday. She was 45.

Wersching passed away of cancer after being diagnosed in 2020

RIP

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 06-02-2023

(29-01-2023, 10:07 PM)ari101 Wrote: Happy Valley here I come....

I cannot believe it is over already, the cast deserve all the awards possible

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - ari101 - 07-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 10:34 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(29-01-2023, 10:07 PM)ari101 Wrote: Happy Valley here I come....

I cannot believe it is over already, the cast deserve all the awards possible

I was delighted to find my aunt watches it too so I got to see it on Sunday night while away... 🙂

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 07-02-2023

The Last of Us has really delivered so far. Have really enjoyed all the episodes.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 09-02-2023

I really enjoyed the documentary and now Ben Stiller is in final talks to play brothers in Three Identical Strangers limited series

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 13-02-2023

Django

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - RSOAPS - 16-02-2023

(07-02-2023, 09:37 PM)Necro Wrote: The Last of Us has really delivered so far. Have really enjoyed all the episodes.

I'm about halfway through the first episode and I'm not getting the appeal... So far, so boring... Am I supposed to care about any of these characters?

It also feels like something I've seen a dozen times before... @Necro would it be fair to say that if I didn't want to watch another show that's pretty much just The Walking Dead / Fear The Walking Dead, that I probably amn't going to suddenly start enjoying this if I keep watching?

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Necro - 16-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 08:23 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(07-02-2023, 09:37 PM)Necro Wrote: The Last of Us has really delivered so far. Have really enjoyed all the episodes.

I'm about halfway through the first episode and I'm not getting the appeal... So far, so boring... Am I supposed to care about any of these characters?

It also feels like something I've seen a dozen times before... @Necro would it be fair to say that if I didn't want to watch another show that's pretty much just The Walking Dead / Fear The Walking Dead, that I probably amn't going to suddenly start enjoying this if I keep watching?

I would say give it three episodes (the tried and trusted Walrus method*) and if you're not feeling it after that you probably won't at all. 

The pilot is actually probably the weakest episode of the show so far for me anyways (primarily cos the major plotpoints I've actually played in the game)

*Patent Pending

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Kol - 16-02-2023

I've watched 2 episodes of TLOU and while I enjoyed it I found it extremely overrated. The reason I stopped watch though is I got fed up waiting a week between episodes so I plan on binging on it when its all up. Thankfully I haven't stumbled on any spoilers so far.

On a seperate note, my mate recommended The Devils Hour to me today so going to try that soon enough.

(16-02-2023, 10:17 PM)Necro Wrote:
(16-02-2023, 08:23 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm about halfway through the first episode and I'm not getting the appeal... So far, so boring... Am I supposed to care about any of these characters?

I would say give it three episodes (the tried and trusted Walrus method*) and if you're not feeling it after that you probably won't at all. 

The pilot is actually probably the weakest episode of the show so far for me anyways (primarily cos the major plotpoints I've actually played in the game)

*Patent Pending

Hmmm, dunno if I can be bothered doing 3 episodes (maybe if it was for a Walrus I'd endure it), but I couldn't even get through episode 1.

I wasn't going to watch it at all, but my best friend told me to give it a go, he also said to give it 3 episodes, but he said the same thing about Rings of Power, Wheel of Time, The Expanse, The Mandolorian, Andor, and House of the Dragon, none of which managed to win me over

I'm starting to think maybe I just don't like "Epic Genre Shows" anymore... 

[Image: say-what-dunno.gif]

On a more positive TV note...

I've started re-watching Person of Interest, and its awesome. I know I never finished it, for being too busy reasons rather than not enjoying it, but can't remember where I had left off and was foggy on a lot of what happened, so starting from the beginning made the most sense.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 16-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 10:36 PM)Kol Wrote: On a seperate note, my mate recommended The Devils Hour to me today so going to try that soon enough.
Oh, I watched the first episode of that ages ago and forgot all about it! Must carry on

Didn't have a clue what was going on at that stage, but it was intriguing

Nearly at the end of the second series of Alice in Borderland myself. It's not perfect but it's a good continuation from the first series. It's an obvious comparison, given the timing and subject matter, but I do think it's better than Squid Game (which I liked, but thought was very overhyped)

We've also been watching Criminal UK which I think is brilliant. The scripts are tight, the acting is great, the camera work is sublime, it's really, really good

(16-02-2023, 10:53 PM)E.N. Wrote: Nearly at the end of the second series of Alice in Borderland myself. It's not perfect but it's a good continuation from the first series. It's an obvious comparison, given the timing and subject matter, but I do think it's better than Squid Game (which I liked, but thought was very overhyped)

Alice In Borderland is class. I don't have Netflix anymore, but kept it long enough to watch Season 2 before cancelling my subscription. One of the best shows they ever made, so naturally they failed to give it the promotion it deserved.

And yes, it is much better than Squid Game

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - nothing - 16-02-2023

I enjoyed The Devils Hour.

At the moment enjoying Australian taskmaster.

Still working my way through Criminal Minds too.

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 17-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 10:46 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: On a more positive TV note...

I've started re-watching Person of Interest, and its awesome. I know I never finished it, for being too busy reasons rather than not enjoying it, but can't remember where I had left off and was foggy on a lot of what happened, so starting from the beginning made the most sense.

[Image: NHMf.gif]

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - aaronjennings - 17-02-2023

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact I've played and enjoyed The Last Of Us, I'd probably have given up on the TV show by now. I think the real problem is that I'm not feeling the connection between Joel and Ellie that they had in the game. The chemistry just isn't there for me

Person Of Interest was a great show though, Jonathan Nolan's finest work IMO. Much better than Westworld, which lost all its charm after season two

On the topic of rewatching shows, I recently started Prodigal Son again, which Soapy once awarded last place in a TV show Walrus, back when Boards was the place to be Big Grin

And I also watched the first episode of Doctor Who: Flux for the first time since it was broadcast. I have to say, it already makes a little more sense on a rewatch. Not by much, but a little Big Grin

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - Wichita Lineman - 17-02-2023

Started this earlier. Very good. 

[Image: full-swing-golf_8f8278ec7a6efdee5995c8a312863eb1.jpg]

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - E.N. - 17-02-2023

(17-02-2023, 01:14 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Started this earlier. Very good. 

[Image: full-swing-golf_8f8278ec7a6efdee5995c8a312863eb1.jpg]

Planning on catching this as well, though maybe after the new Drive to Survive next week. They did picked a good season to start following golf!

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 19-02-2023

RIP Richard Belzer ( Detective John Munch )

RE: Armchair Critics - Let's Talk TV - jp liz v1 - 01-03-2023