A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Soccer Chat - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Soccer Chat (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 24-03-2022

North Macedonia just knocked Italy out of the world cup playoffs with a 92nd minute goal!

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 24-03-2022

Aye, now for their efforts they have to play Portugal in 5 days pac

Gary Bale turned up for his country as usual, be interesting to see what FIFA do with Ukraine as Wales play the winners of them and Scotland.

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 24-03-2022

(24-03-2022, 10:43 PM)E.N. Wrote: North Macedonia just knocked Italy out of the world cup playoffs with a 92nd minute goal!

Hopefully they can do the same against Portugal.  Really disappointed that Italy won't be in the World Cup, but you have to love an underdog.  Plus it would be entertaining to see the look on Cristiano Ronaldo's face if he got knocked out by North Macedonia. Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 24-03-2022

(24-03-2022, 11:34 PM)Zaph Wrote: Hopefully they can do the same against Portugal.  Really disappointed that Italy won't be in the World Cup, but you have to love an underdog.  Plus it would be entertaining to see the look on Cristiano Ronaldo's face if he got knocked out by North Macedonia. Big Grin
Yeah, it's actually not great as I'd much rather see Italy than Portugal through, but it's a great story. Good goal too

Few cracking goals tonight. Both of Bale's, the Turkey goal, that North Macedonia one

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 25-03-2022

Awfully long winded qualifications this year. Then you have the nations league which I find kind of pointless. Of course it is more money for UEFA. To be honest I don't watch international games unless it's the WC or Euros.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 29-03-2022

Senegal beat Egypt on pens to go to the world cup.

How can this be allowed though...? Every Egypt player has loads of lasers on them

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 29-03-2022

(29-03-2022, 08:59 PM)E.N. Wrote: Senegal beat Egypt on pens to go to the world cup.

Really shouldn't be allowed, that's an absolute disgrace. Hope that doesn't start becoming the norm in games now... we've only recently recovered from the torture the vuvuzelas inflicted on us!

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 30-03-2022

(29-03-2022, 10:48 PM)Necro Wrote:
(29-03-2022, 08:59 PM)E.N. Wrote: Senegal beat Egypt on pens to go to the world cup.

Really shouldn't be allowed, that's an absolute disgrace. Hope that doesn't start becoming the norm in games now... we've only recently recovered from the torture the vuvuzelas inflicted on us!

Unfortunately it's been the norm for a long long time.. its shocking and can do serious damage to players eyes.

The referee is very poor there though, he has the ability to stop the game if there is outside interference

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 02-04-2022

Football wordle

https://footle-game.io/

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 06:42 AM)Kol Wrote: Football wordle

Fuckin hell thats tough trying to remember all the different players.. got it in 9..

Footle #40 9/10 in 05:16

👨🏆👕🌍🔀🔢
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 06-04-2022

Everton only one point above relegation with a nightmare fixture list coming up 😳

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 09-04-2022

(06-04-2022, 10:36 PM)E.N. Wrote: Everton only one point above relegation with a nightmare fixture list coming up 😳
Well, nightmare after the first one... Tongue

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 09-04-2022

(09-04-2022, 02:32 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 10:36 PM)E.N. Wrote: Everton only one point above relegation with a nightmare fixture list coming up 😳
Well, nightmare after the first one... Tongue
Was just logging on to say, trust United to get them back on track, feck sake

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 10-04-2022

(09-04-2022, 05:10 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Was just logging on to say, trust United to get them back on track, feck sake
And then Norwich beat Burnley, that's a 6pt swing on what I expected for Everton this weekend!

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 10-04-2022

Burnley in deep doo-doo now. Four points behind Everton with the same goal difference and same number of games played. Everton have a tougher run-in though, so Burnley will be hoping they can make up points there.

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 10-04-2022

Some game between City and Liverpool I must say, very enjoyable for the neutral.

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 10-04-2022

They're up in arms over on boards with the draw. I thought it was a good result considering we didn't play great. If you had of offered me a draw before the match I would have bitten your hand off. Still advantage City but a lot of football to be played.

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:21 PM)Kol Wrote: They're up in arms over on boards with the draw. I thought it was a good result considering we didn't play great. If you had of offered me a draw before the match I would have bitten your hand off. Still advantage City but a lot of football to be played.

I think it's because of the run ins, Liverpool slightly tougher..

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:21 PM)Kol Wrote: They're up in arms over on boards with the draw. I thought it was a good result considering we didn't play great. If you had of offered me a draw before the match I would have bitten your hand off. Still advantage City but a lot of football to be played.
Good result for them especially coming from behind.  Only down side for you is that it's out of your hands now, reminds me of a few years ago where yourselves and city just kept winning and city pipped ye, could go that way again

RE: Soccer Chat - aaronjennings - 10-04-2022

It was an absolute miracle we were only losing by one goal at half time, completely played off the pitch in the first half

Overall, I'd say a draw was a fair result

City have the much easier run-in, so even if we had won, I would have said they have the advantage. But we didn't lose, so I'm satisfied

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 13-04-2022

FIFA have launched a new channel. The live stuff might not be interesting though the archive section might okay.

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/home

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 13-04-2022

Chelsea and Bayern Munich out of CL

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 19-04-2022

9 goals Liverpool have put past MU in this PL season

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 20-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 10:48 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: 9 goals Liverpool have put past MU in this PL season

Without reply, let's put it into perspective. Smile

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 20-04-2022

As a Liverpool fan I was delighted to see Utd had gone 3 centre halves with 2 wing backs. Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof get confused when there's just the two of them so throwing Phil Jones in for only his 2nd game of the season was only going to make things worse. They had no shape, no heart and no shots (well nearly no shots). Worst Utd team in living memory.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 04:49 AM)Kol Wrote:
(19-04-2022, 10:48 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: 9 goals Liverpool have put past MU in this PL season

Without reply, let's put it into perspective. Smile

I have never seen us play with so little respect for the opponent, it was unreal. The scoreline flattered them, if anything

Anfield was absolutely bouncing, loved it so much.
The minute's applause for Ronaldo was something special too, genuinely moving

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 20-04-2022

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong but even when we were brilliant and liverpool were struggling to win leagues etc in 90s, 00s etc they always gave us a good game and it was never a given that united would win

Even before the teams were announced last night I knew we were going to get absolutely smashed. It's a sad indictment of how far the club has fallen

I'm glad you enjoyed the game though @E.N. I'd say it was amazing (through gritted teeth!!)

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 20-04-2022

I'd love to join in the United bashing but well, they play Arsenal at the weekend and I wouldn't back this Arsenal team against a team of circus clowns at the moment.

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 10:28 AM)Necro Wrote: I'd love to join in the United bashing but well, they play Arsenal at the weekend and I wouldn't back this Arsenal team against a team of circus clowns at the moment.

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 11:24 AM)Trigger Wrote:
(20-04-2022, 10:28 AM)Necro Wrote: I'd love to join in the United bashing but well, they play Arsenal at the weekend and I wouldn't back this Arsenal team against a team of circus clowns at the moment.

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

Still don't trust this Arsenal team 🤣🤣🤣

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 21-04-2022

Erik Ten Hag to take over at United from next season. I like the appointment, especially over Pochettino, but he's going to need more than a season or two to fix this team.. Hopefully he gets time

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 21-04-2022

Sell them all!!

Pricks!!

(Still not over Tuesday pac)

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 21-04-2022

We'll win nothing with the Glazers still there. Hoarding players in hope of recouping money and offering new contracts to them when they rarely play. Lingard, Mata, Jones, Martial should have gone yonks ago. Compare Liverpool's squad to when Klopp took over, there's only two players left, Milner and Origi. My worry is that Ten Hag won't be allowed to do the same clearout because of the bean counters in charge of the club. Louis Van Gaal called Man Utd a commercial club not a football club, what more proof do you need he obviously had to put up with some amount of shite when he was in charge.

So many dreadful signings of players who are past it or crocked on huge wages.. Alexis Sanchez the worst by far, he ruined the wage structure, all the other players wanted to match his pay. He was also terrible on the pitch, and we signed him after he just had a terrible season at Arsenal, terrible decision as Rashford and Martial were scoring every game before he came in, a luxury signing if ever there was one. Remember that video introducing him playing piano? fuck off. Same has happened with Ronaldo, the signing basically telling the younger players that they're not good enough.

Sancho, Varane and Bruno the only senior players I would bother keeping around. Too many bad players on huge wages. We need to sign promising hungry young players and not big names looking for the highest wage. rant over pac

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 21-04-2022

Being a Liverpool fan I'm quite happy to see ye linger in mediocrity. As a football fan I would agree with Shane. You need new owners.

This new manager now might just be the first since Fergie to bring a little stability on the pitch, though he will need to be given time, 2 - 3 years at least to build his own team. Moyes had too much to follow with Fergie although he had a decent team. Van Gaal and Mourinho were never going to be long term and Ole was just not good enough.
I don't think the players ye have are all that bad, though of course there are a few that need to be sold, you just need a good manager and coaching staff to get them playing as a team.

The PL is a different beast these days though I don't think ye will linger as long as we did for almost 30 years. You will be back in the big time sooner unfortunately.

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 23-04-2022

No idea how we won that. I thought they'd go on and batter us when they got the penalty in the second half

And then Bruno misses...

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 23-04-2022

Just saw the penalty there, shocking miss. No excuse for a professional footballer to miss a penalty that badly.

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 23-04-2022

I'd say Ronaldo is well pleased with that penalty miss............

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 25-04-2022

@Kol @Wichita Lineman @aaronjennings and any other Liverpool fans.
The lottery for CL final tickets ("neutral" ones) is open for the next few days, and hopefully we'll be there!
I'm guessing you've more chance of winning the actual lotto, but you never know...

https://championsleague.tickets.uefa.com/lottery/welcome_en.html

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 25-04-2022

Nice one EN, I just applied there for the laugh. Would be some weekend.

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 25-04-2022

Are they transferable? I wouldn't get away for it though if they can be given to someone else I will give it a go.