A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Soccer Chat - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Soccer Chat (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 16-10-2021

5-0 Liverpool win

4-2 win for Leicester City over Manchester United

Goal Thrillers Galore

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 16-10-2021

And another contender for goal of the season for Salah. At this rate the entire shortlist will be him Tongue

RE: Soccer Chat - aaronjennings - 24-10-2021

This is genuinely getting uncomfortable to watch, and I say that as Liverpool fan

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 24-10-2021

(24-10-2021, 05:53 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: This is genuinely getting uncomfortable to watch, and I say that as Liverpool fan

Yeah, there's a very real chance that Ole will get the sack, and nobody wants that.  Well apart from United fans obviously.

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 24-10-2021

Another 5-0 win for Liverpool, Salah on fire

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 03-11-2021

(24-10-2021, 06:00 PM)Zaph Wrote:
(24-10-2021, 05:53 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: This is genuinely getting uncomfortable to watch, and I say that as Liverpool fan

Yeah, there's a very real chance that Ole will get the sack, and nobody wants that.  Well apart from United fans obviously.
They've done a great job since this!
Look like they've improved, take one of the potential replacements off the table, stagger through another CL game with a last minute goal to paper over the cracks. Going perfectly Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 03-11-2021

Yeah get out if cl group, hover around 4th place all season will do nicely. Thing is, they dont seem to want to sack him until end of the season at least and there is no world class managers available. Poor team, poor manager with a few great players. Ronaldo is scoring goals but he has disrupted the whole structure if the team.

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 03-11-2021

[Image: david-tennant-cry.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 03-11-2021

Oh, sorry I forgot Trig was here.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 03-11-2021

Don't worry Trig, we're all on your side this weekend Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 03-11-2021

The time to sack Ole was after the Liverpool game, should have been sacked in the spot.. I'm not going to ever want the team to lose, so I'll be cheering them on as always anyways.

Reckon we will be embarrassed again though Sad

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 07-11-2021

Losses for Liverpool and Manchester United

Is it bye bye for Ole now

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 09-11-2021

So Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are owners of Wrexham FC

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 09-11-2021

(07-11-2021, 11:05 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Losses for Liverpool and Manchester United

Is it bye bye for Ole now
Maybe bye bye for klopp too Tongue 

United fan here, I'd usually stick by players/managers but at this stage I think Ole needs to go.  Got absolutely mauled by Liverpool and City.  Performances were even worse than the scoreline suggested, City could have got 4 or 5. I can take a loss against any team but its the manner of the losses that are worrying

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 09-11-2021

"Definitely. And you're right, back to where we should be, for me it's about back to what we started to look like, we started to look a proper team, we started to look like a team I like to see. We've had three or four weeks now of a disappointing spell."

Ole after the City match. Reckons it will all come good v Watford.

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 09-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 11:47 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: "Definitely. And you're right, back to where we should be, for me it's about back to what we started to look like, we started to look a proper team, we started to look like a team I like to see. We've had three or four weeks now of a disappointing spell."

Ole after the City match. Reckons it will all come good v Watford.
We have been playing poor enough football since he got his first contract with a few great showings thrown in.. you never know what you are going to get. But there doesn't seem to be any tactical plan on the pitch after 3 years.  That's a big issue

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 15-11-2021

I'm not a Stephen Kenny fan but I have to say Ireland are playing a decent style of football under him. I'm feeling confident for the next qualifiers.

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 15-11-2021

(15-11-2021, 02:15 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: I'm not a Stephen Kenny fan but I have to say Ireland are playing a decent style of football under him. I'm feeling confident for the next qualifiers.

I know it's a pointless competition but the Nations League is next, because of the World Cup being in winter I think there are like four games in a row scheduled for next summer which will good for Kenny to have the full squad together for a longer period too. 

The last 4 games have been very promising, won 3 drawn 1 scored 10 conceded 0.

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 15-11-2021

I see the Nations League draw is on December 16th.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 15-11-2021

(15-11-2021, 09:19 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: I see the Nations League draw is on December 16th.
Great, feels like ages since we've played Wales or Denmark Tongue

It really has turned around nicely. One defeat in ten, and that was arguably our best performance when we could have beaten Portugal away.

Absolute no brainer to give Kenny an extended contract now, I honestly don't think there's anyone else could do any better with this group of players. I'd give him the euros campaign for sure

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 15-11-2021

Actually I think we're going to avoid Wales/Denmark this time pac

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter;

Ireland’s possible opponents:

(Pot 1, relegated from League A last time)
Ukraine / Sweden / Bosnia / Iceland

(Pot 2)
Finland / Norway / Scotland / Russia

(Pot 4, promoted from League C)
Slovenia / Montenegro / Albania / Armenia

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 20-11-2021

MU hammered again

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 21-11-2021

Solskjaer confident Man United will 'react' against Watford. 

They did react. Badly. 

It was sticking out a mile that Watford would win. Utd even gave them a stick to beat them with. A massive big complacency stick. 

[Image: tumblr_pk6894Zx2w1qg946so2_400.gifv]

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 21-11-2021

Who could take over from Ole? Giggs Zidane Keane

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 21-11-2021

I think they should give it to Frank Lampard, he'd definitely continue Ole's good work. Big Grin

Giggs and Keane aren't even in the running.  Giggs has his trial coming up in January, and Keane isn't stupid enough to want to return to management.  From what I've read, Zidane is their preferred target, but there's no guarantee he'd be interested.  I've also seen Brendan Rogers being mentioned, both as a replacement for Ole and also being replaced himself due to Leicester's poor current form.

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 21-11-2021

I'm just glad it's over, what a shambles. Need the whole coaching team gone

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 21-11-2021

Simon Stone basically confirming it on the BBC..

Sad it didn't work out but its a long time coming.. Fletcher and Carrick taking over for the Midweek game with Zidane as bookies favourite. Looks like as ever the board have no idea what they are doing. If they sacked him at the start of the international they would have has 2 weeks till the next game. They have 2 days now. Absolutely ridiculous carry on

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 01:46 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Who could take over from Ole? Giggs Zidane Keane
The only thing Giggs will be taking over is a prison cell

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 21-11-2021

Is he gone? FFS.

Carrick, the guy coaching the team throughout all this taking over. Will they ever learn

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 01:09 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Carrick, the guy coaching the team throughout all this taking over. Will they ever learn
Carrick only in charge until they can appoint an interim manager.. the interim manager will take over until end of season. Basically shows united didn't want to sack Ole,  no plan in place

(21-11-2021, 01:25 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 01:09 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Carrick, the guy coaching the team throughout all this taking over. Will they ever learn
Carrick only in charge until they can appoint an interim manager.. the interim manager will take over until end of season. Basically shows united didn't want to sack Ole,  no plan in place

He shouldn't be still at the club. Ole taking all the blame

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 01:25 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:

Not really sure what the point of an interim manager is, unless they reckon they just can't get someone good/big enough for the job before next summer.  Sure if that's the case they might as well leave Carrick in the job until then and effectively write off the season.  Who's going to want to take it for 6 or 7 months?

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 21-11-2021

Keano might scare the shite out of them, motivation to play well  Big Grin I'm sure Pogba and Maguire would love him as manager

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 23-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 03:26 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Keano might scare the shite out of them, motivation to play well  Big Grin I'm sure Pogba and Maguire would love him as manager

Pogba would be out the door asap if Keane came in. I'd allow Keane as manager for the season only if they did one of those Amazon behind the scenes documentaries, it would be TV Gold

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 23-11-2021

Mauricio Pochettino is ready to join Man United and quit PSG, Zidane to PSG then ?

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 25-11-2021

Wreck it Ralf taking over

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 26-11-2021

Ralf to take over till end of season should make way for Ten Haag to take over next season IMO.. anyone else have another take on it?

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 29-11-2021

Manchester United have appointed Ralf Rangnick as their interim manager until the end of the season, subject to work visa requirements.

63-year-old Rangnick has left his role as head of sports and development at Russian club Lokomotiv Moscow to take up the job.

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 30-11-2021

Lionel Messi wins his 7th Ballon D'Or