A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Soccer Chat - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Soccer Chat (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 19-02-2023

(18-02-2023, 08:41 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(18-02-2023, 04:25 PM)Necro Wrote: Needed a lie down after that Arsenal game😂
Nice Forest goal for you too, opened it right back up straight away

City 'bottling' it apparently 😜

Never has one word lost so much meaning 🤣

RE: Soccer Chat - ShaneU - 21-02-2023

Benzema and Vinicius are top class.

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 22-02-2023

(21-02-2023, 10:48 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Benzema and Vinicius are top class.
I'd stick Modric on that list too, unbelievable work rate and energy, controls the game so easily

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 22-02-2023

That was one rollercoaster of pain for Liverpool fans last night.

RE: Soccer Chat - Barna77 - 22-02-2023

My dad and brother must be very happy though.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 22-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 09:43 AM)Necro Wrote: That was one rollercoaster of pain for Liverpool fans last night.
It was horrific. I've seen worse performances but I'm not sure I can recall being that gutted by a match for a very long time

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 24-02-2023

Betis for United and Sporting Lisbon for Arsenal in the last 16 of the Farmers, erm I mean Europa League

RE: Soccer Chat - aaronjennings - 05-03-2023

T minus 5 minutes until battle commences 😁

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 05-03-2023

I think united got confused and thought it was 2021-22 again  Sad

RE: Soccer Chat - aaronjennings - 05-03-2023

Liverpool played like their old selves. Unfortunately for United, so did they

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 05-03-2023

Ten Hag won't be dancing at that result

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 05-03-2023

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 05-03-2023

Anyone fancy a drink?

[Image: 96ae2072314575.5d028896f3ea4.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 05-03-2023

Feckin fairweather fans 🤣🤣🤣

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 06-03-2023

[Image: skysports-jurgen-klopp-liverpool_6079487...0305194109]

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 11:13 AM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: [Image: skysports-jurgen-klopp-liverpool_6079487...0305194109]
Big win for Liverpool in their cup final  Wink

Seems like it's gonna be another season where nobody really wants that 4th spot & will go to whoever fecks up the least!

Liverpool really want it and after the season we've had I'd settle for 4th in a heartbeat!

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 06-03-2023

(06-03-2023, 12:25 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Liverpool really want it and after the season we've had I'd settle for 4th in a heartbeat!
Exactly. Sad that this is where we are but that has to be our aim now. The week after the international break is going to be really tough (City, Chelsea, Arsenal) but if we can pick up a decent few points in those then hopefully we can finish the season strong

And maybe we can put 7 past Real too 😋

[Image: liverpool-fc-youll-never-walk-alone.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 06-03-2023

Will Bruno be punished, bad from the captain

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 10-03-2023

Lineker gone from MOTD due to his comments earlier in the week criticising government policy on immigration. Ian Wright has already publicly tweeted he won't appear either.

UK turning into North Korea under the Tories.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 07:31 PM)Necro Wrote: Lineker gone from MOTD due to his comments earlier in the week criticising government policy on immigration. Ian Wright has already publicly tweeted he won't appear either.

UK turning into North Korea under the Tories.
It would be absolutely laughable if it wasn't so scary and depressing. And the right wing are supposed to be the ones who complain about cancel culture and the lack of free speech

Edit: Shearer said he won't appear either

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 10-03-2023

Haven't watched motd in years but from what I've seen of those three it will be no big lose. No comment regarding the free speech

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 08:05 PM)Kol Wrote: Haven't watched motd in years but from what I've seen of those three it will be no big lose. No comment regarding the free speech

Michael Owen and his Love Island daughter are waiting in the wings  Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 08:05 PM)Kol Wrote: Haven't watched motd in years but from what I've seen of those three it will be no big lose. No comment regarding the free speech

Every single pundit/presenter has turned them down and they're hosting it without analysis tomorrow night.

To make things worse now Premier League players are getting involved and refusing to do any interviews with the BBC, with the full support of the PFA

It's a hilarious clusterfuck of epic proportions and it was all avoidable by the BBC not bowing to government pressure.

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 11-03-2023

(26-01-2023, 08:37 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote:
(22-01-2023, 11:32 PM)E.N. Wrote: Not prem, but I've used StubHub in America and all good. A mate used fanpass for Anfield tickets last season and had no problems. Overpriced, of course, but seemed legit

It's illegal to sell footie tickets there, not sure how they get around that but they seem to easy enough

You could try pinging Zaph, he might know how to get Leeds tickets?
Got sorted with tickets through fanpass for the leeds Brighton game in march so cheers for letting me know about that one!

Got a great deal on flights with Ryanair, over Friday night,  back Sunday morning,  standard cheap hotel too so its not gonna cost as much as I feared!
Thanks again @E.N. for the fanpass recommendation.. had a great day with my dad in Leeds! Was nervous the tickets wouldn't work or we would be I'D but all went well!

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 11-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 08:25 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Thanks again @E.N. for the fanpass recommendation.. had a great day with my dad in Leeds! Was nervous the tickets wouldn't work or we would be I'D but all went well!
Brilliant Big Grin

Sounded like a good game, I'll look out for you on MOTD... oh Tongue

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 11-03-2023

Not happy with Liverpools performance today but not in hiding either. YNWA

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 12-03-2023

(11-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: ...not in hiding either
Unlike half the team, sadly. Or more.
Ali, Konate, Robbo, Bajcetic we're the only starters who seemed at it. Jota seemed lively when he came on.

Otherwise it was so flat, such a disappointing comedown after last week. There does seem to be a bit of an issue with the desire in the lower profile games

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 12-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 12:04 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 10:37 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: ...not in hiding either
Unlike half the team, sadly. Or more.
Ali, Konate, Robbo, Bajcetic we're the only starters who seemed at it. Jota seemed lively when he came on.

Otherwise it was so flat, such a disappointing comedown after last week. There does seem to be a bit of an issue with the desire in the lower profile games
While the players are at fault for a lot of whats happened this season, it's difficult to believe that so many elite players can play so bad for so long. It's seems a lot of fans and pundits are giving Klopp a free pass here, I'm not saying all fans are. 
Personally I think a lot of whats happened this season is down to tactic/coaching. We don't have the players, especially in midfield to play the system that has done so well for us in the last 4 or 5 seasons. While Klopp has changed it somewhat, I don't think he has got the tactics right on a lot occasions. 
Now we know a lot of this is down to recruitment in the last few windows, a far cry from our previous recruitment record. Lack of investment from the owners and an exodus of backroom staff haven't helped.
However, take Fabinho, lost it this season though he is still getting games. Henderson, no legs anymore. We have not much alternative though!
Salah playing out on the touchline for most of the season, why?
Trent still playing rightback. Move him to midfield. He worked in defense when Henderson could cover for him but no longer, he is at fault for a lot of goals. you might say well his attacking ability outweighs his defensive ability, not this season, he has 3 assists I believe. Get a proper fullback in and move him to the wing or sell him.

Sorry for the rant. We love Klopp for he has done, but another season like this with no investment, no one is bigger than the club and all that. Now we may get top four and win the quadruple next season and everything I've said above will look ridiculous but it's very frustrating sometimes when there is no plan B and he doesn't change anything and seems too loyal to players. Just look what happened at Dortmund.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 12-03-2023

While I agree that Klopp hadn't deviated from plan A, and that's really frustrating, I don't think the players are there to change much

Fab and Henderson keep playing because there is no one else. Keita, Ox, Jones, Arthur are all write offs. We all know we needed someone in the summer. It's very concerning that we didn't have a back up when we missed Tchoumeni

Trent can't play mid because there's no one to play in his place. Ramsey has been injured all season, Milner can't do it routinely, Gomez is out of position there

I'm not giving Klopp a free pass here, but I still believe in him completely. Hopefully he's given new players to work with in the summer

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 13-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 05:03 PM)E.N. Wrote: While I agree that Klopp hadn't deviated from plan A, and that's really frustrating, I don't think the players are there to change much

Fab and Henderson keep playing because there is no one else. Keita, Ox, Jones, Arthur are all write offs. We all know we needed someone in the summer. It's very concerning that we didn't have a back up when we missed Tchoumeni

Trent can't play mid because there's no one to play in his place. Ramsey has been injured all season, Milner can't do it routinely, Gomez is out of position there

I'm not giving Klopp a free pass here, but I still believe in him completely. Hopefully he's given new players to work with in the summer

Klopp kind of reminds me of Fergie in a way that he is overlooking the glaring holes in midfield during transfer windows and buying forward players in the hope that they will create and score the goals to fire them forward.

My opinion here is he shouldn't have bought Nunez, and should have invested on reinforcements in the midfield, surely there was players there available that were better than what was on the books.

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 19-03-2023

Did anyone see Conte's press conference yesterday? Saw a few clips of it and basically he's confirming that 'spurs are spurs' when it comes to club mentality

RE: Soccer Chat - Irish Aris - 19-03-2023

(19-03-2023, 10:05 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Did anyone see Conte's press conference yesterday? Saw a few clips of it and basically he's confirming that 'spurs are spurs' when it comes to club mentality

I saw it alright. 
Some of the things he said are true. I especially liked his "dig" on the journalist about making excuses for the players.
Part of me thinks though that he just tries to get fired.

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 19-03-2023

Yeah 😂 if Conte was truly concerned about what's going on at Spurs he'd resign, he's only got about 12/13 weeks left on his contract anyways. But he's doing everything in his power to get fired and get a pay off. Unfortunately for him he's playing poker with Daniel Levy who won't cave and it could be a farcical state of affairs for Spurs now till the end of the season

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 28-03-2023

Went to the match tonight. Best I've seen Ireland play in a long while. Calm and composed on the ball, well organised off it. We really weren't that far off a draw with a team that made the world cup final a few months ago.

They were the better team, but it was close. A mistake for their goal, a cracking save to stop the equaliser. On another day it would have been a different result. Great to see

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 02-04-2023

Rodgers and Potter both sacked today

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 03-04-2023

Mauricio Pochettino for Chelsea?

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 06-04-2023

Frank Lampard has returned to Chelsea as caretaker manager

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 09-04-2023

𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝟐-𝟐 𝐀𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐥