A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Soccer Chat - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Soccer Chat (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 30-05-2022

Did some fans with legit tickets not get in? It looked scary especially for kids

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 30-05-2022

(30-05-2022, 03:44 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Did some fans with legit tickets not get in? It looked scary especially for kids
Definitely some who didn't get in until halftime

The French government are going hard on the fake tickets angle but it doesn't seem to add up. Almost every journalist's report, and that of Merseyside police who were there, lays the blame squarely on terrible organisation

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 31-05-2022

I managed to avoid the trouble but it was close and only because I was being alert and looking well ahead of where I was going so I was able to turn back from a flashpoint and get out of dodge pretty sharpish. You are spot on. Immediately after the game ended the French police starting indiscriminately throwing tear gas and spraying fans with the pepper spray. Totally unprovoked and unnecessary as they were already leaving the fanzones and there was no hassle from the fans.

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 31-05-2022

Glad you were OK @Wichita Lineman
In case you haven't seen, the locals loved you...

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 01-06-2022

Pogba gone from United, good riddance. Fergie was right about him, despite his talent he's a liability

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 01-06-2022

Paul Pogba will depart on free transfer, what a waste of big money

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 02-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 04:06 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Paul Pogba will depart on free transfer, what a waste of big money

To add insult to injury for Man U, Pogba's getting a £ 3.8m loyalty bonus under the terms of his contract before he leaves.  Apparently the total cost of his transfer fee, salary, bonuses and agents fees come to just under £ 220m.  You can nearly hear the Glazers weeping from here. Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - Wichita Lineman - 02-06-2022

As a Liverpool fan I'll miss Pogba being on Utd's bench draining their wages and then turning in a stormer against one of the 'ahem' top teams in the world like Hull City in the FA Cup to get everyone raving about him again. 

[Image: o8mecgxwftbinht2njts]

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 17-06-2022

Viera Woah Oh Oh
Viera Woah Oh Oh

He comes from Portugal

He'll play for Arsenal

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 17-06-2022

(17-06-2022, 10:38 AM)Necro Wrote: Viera Woah Oh Oh
Viera Woah Oh Oh

He comes from Portugal

He'll play for Arsenal
Vieira* 
At least he can't give Giggsy the ball  Wink

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 25-06-2022

Gareth Bale agrees to join Los Angeles FC following Real Madrid exit

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 01-07-2022

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 07:24 PM)Kol Wrote:

Great news 😀

Wasn't expecting that, I'd resigned myself to him leaving next summer

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 01-08-2022

Football came home to England thanks to the lionesses, the ladies got the job done with a record turn out at Wembley

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 01-08-2022

How the feck is Kasper Schmeichel 35 guys! I was thinking 30 or so. Seems he's off to Nice with Aaron Ramsey. Leicester getting absolutely raided from all fronts if latest gossip is to be believed

Schmeichel to Nice
Maddison to Newcastle
Fofana to Chelsea
Tielemans to Arsenal

And they haven't signed a single player themselves yet, could be in trouble yet this year...

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 02-08-2022

Did MU ever bid for Kasper?

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 02-08-2022

Don't know if they ever officially made a bid for him, but there were rumours that they were interested a number of years ago.

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 02-08-2022

(02-08-2022, 01:15 AM)Zaph Wrote: Don't know if they ever officially made a bid for him, but there were rumours that they were interested a number of years ago.

Yeah I think he was one of those linked when DeGea/Madrid stuff was going on, and again when Dave's form went a bit there a couple of seasons ago. Imho he is only linked because of his name really, and that there is loads of images in public circulation of him in United jerseys as a kid 😂 most transfer Journalists are the absolute worst. Thankfully clubs have a selection of decent ones these days that they use to get whatever they want put out and you can ignore the rest

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 07-08-2022

Not a good start for Tag and MU

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 07-08-2022

(07-08-2022, 05:54 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Not a good start for Tag and MU

I'd respectfully disagree, it was a great start Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 08-08-2022

Reverted back to type after a promising... 10 minutes!

2 full backs who struggle to defend, a centre mid who can't pass and relying on Ronaldo to come on and win you games when he doesn't even want to be there.. No idea what's happened to Rashford last couple of seasons but he might as well not be there

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 08-08-2022

Could it honestly be so bad to start DVB ahead of McTominay for a few games to see how things go? United are literally playing with ten players with him in midfield.

van de Beek is a weird one, fans like him but he's already had a couple of managers at united who don't seem to trust him to start. I'd say he'll get some more playing time under ten Haag though.. Although apparently we are about to sign Rabiot from Juve

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 08-08-2022

(08-08-2022, 01:30 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Although apparently we are about to sign Rabiot from Juve

🙊

(08-08-2022, 02:53 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(08-08-2022, 01:30 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Although apparently we are about to sign Rabiot from Juve

🙊
Wait until poor jack sees Fred play!  Tongue

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 13-08-2022

Brentford 4-0 Man Utd, Bottom  Sad

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 14-08-2022

That was probably the worst performance I've ever seen from one of the "Big 6" teams.  Man U looked completely clueless, particularly in the first half.  Brentford didn't just get lucky - although the first two goals were completely down to De Gea - they played Man U off the pitch.  The ease with which they carved open the defence for the fourth goal is something you'd have expected from Man U in the past.  I saw during the week that Ralf Rangnick advised a Leipzig player not to sign for them.  When you have the most recent manager doing that you know there are serious problems at the club.  And I suspect they won't start getting fixed until the Glazers are finally ousted.  In the meantime the rest of us can sit back and enjoy the ride. Big Grin

RE: Soccer Chat - Necro - 14-08-2022

Just goes to show if you spend six months deciding on the new permanent manager but then neglect to provide them with the tools that made them become your choice in the first place the end result is this shit show.

They basically appointed Ten Hag, handed him a shit sandwich and told him to make a steak out of it. No manager on the planet could get a tune out of that group of players. I actually feel for the man but at the end of the day he chose to accept the shit sandwich.

Doesn't stop it being funny though....

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 14-08-2022

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f3f80f76d3d3b6b2a5...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: ross-geller-david-schwimmer.gif]

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 15-08-2022

RE: Soccer Chat - Trigger - 15-08-2022

Relegation 6 pointer next Monday!

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 23-08-2022

Go on Tag and the reds of Manchester

Keane class for Sky Sports as always

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 23-08-2022

(23-08-2022, 02:09 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Go on Tag and the reds of Manchester

Keane class for Sky Sports as always
So much better yesterday,  need to bring that level of commitment to the next game

Hopefully we've settled on something like a back 4 now. Malacia looks good and Varane and Martinez looked stronger than maguire

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 27-08-2022

Liverpool win 9-0

[Image: pY4sNNa.png]

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 30-08-2022

Scott Parker sacked by Bournemouth.. Bit silly really, they beat Aston Villa then lost to City, Arsenal & Liverpool. Even a point from those last 3 games would have been an unexpected bonus

Would have thought they could have at least gave him the next 3 against Wolves, Notts Forest & Brighton

RE: Soccer Chat - Zaph - 30-08-2022

Any man wearing a cardigan like that deserves to go!

Saw speculation earlier that it was his comments after the match the other day that probably sealed it for him. He essentially said his players weren't good enough for the division and that the club needed to do something about it. Bit close to the transfer deadline for them to be able to do much about improving the team to the extent he suggested it needed.

RE: Soccer Chat - jp liz v1 - 04-09-2022

Another good win for MU against Arsenal, 4 wins in a row now

RE: Soccer Chat - lorcand1990 - 07-09-2022

Thomas Tuchel bites the dust after losing last night

RE: Soccer Chat - E.N. - 07-09-2022

(07-09-2022, 10:22 AM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Thomas Tuchel bites the dust after losing last night
Amazed by that. I really thought they'd become a bit of a force under him, delighted that I was wrong!

RE: Soccer Chat - Kol - 07-09-2022

Shocking decision. They will need someone like Zidane or Pochettino, no offence, but the Brighton manager should be nowhere near a team as big as Chelsea