A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Kolrus Strikes Back - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Kolrus Strikes Back (/showthread.php?tid=362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Kol - 20-01-2023

Well done @ari101  so here is how the table looks after round 3

PlayerR1R2R3BPTotal
Shane959326
Wichi1011425
Declan2121125
Liz127322
Rsoapy1110122
Aris847322
Ari731222
Jluv198321
sawduck68519
Seph361019
Butty41611

I have round 4 started, should have it ready for some evening next week. Thanks and see you then

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - RSOAPS - 20-01-2023

Ah so, obvious well known songs was the way to go... That's the end of my game so, bring on the battle for the wooden spoon... Tongue

(20-01-2023, 09:03 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 08:59 PM)Kol Wrote: In 12th place with 1 points is

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick - Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth

Heard the song: No

Comments
Tut..tut..tut Rsoapy, what were you thinking. You went 80s on me, fair enough but this is just a pretty generic song and an even more generic video. Am I missing something, it is just dancing. I expected more in this category. Unfortunately I have to place it last.

Congratulations @Kol , I hate you now

Its a great song and a great video, and you're just plain wrong dude

[Image: you-can.gif]

Its a grand song, wasnt my least favourite this round, just didnt think it stood out as being anything different when I added the video scores

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - ari101 - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 09:07 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Ah so, obvious well known songs was the way to go... That's the end of my game so, bring on the battle for the wooden spoon... Tongue

Says a person with two top 3s under their belt Tongue

(20-01-2023, 09:08 PM)Kol Wrote:
(20-01-2023, 09:03 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Congratulations @Kol , I hate you now

Its a great song and a great video, and you're just plain wrong dude

[Image: you-can.gif]

Its a grand song, wasnt my least favourite this round, just didnt think it stood out as being anything different when I added the video scores

Agree to disagree.

(20-01-2023, 09:07 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Ah so, obvious well known songs was the way to go... That's the end of my game so, bring on the battle for the wooden spoon... Tongue
You're only 4 points adrift, still in a good position.

Oh wait....movie walrus flashbacks Smile

Nah seriously only started the next round, no idea where anyone stands as of now

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - ShaneU - 20-01-2023

[Image: ScientificDelightfulFluke-size_restricted.gif]

(20-01-2023, 09:08 PM)ari101 Wrote:

Says a person with two top 3s under their belt Tongue

By design, I think the first two rounds were going to nearly always attract songs that would be well known though, which is possibly the only reason I did well...

Looking at this round, with the exception of Californication being in 11th, the Top 5 were all the songs Kol had heard before. And again with the exception of Californication, arguably the 5 most well knowns songs... I'm merely using the facts as I see them laid out before me...  Wink

(20-01-2023, 09:12 PM)ShaneU Wrote: [Image: ScientificDelightfulFluke-size_restricted.gif]

And you can shut up...

[Image: nobody-is-talking-to-you-jonica-gibbs.gif]

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - E.N. - 20-01-2023

(20-01-2023, 08:43 PM)Kol Wrote: In 4th place with 9 points is

@ShaneU  - The Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be

Heard the song: Yes

Comments
This is a great video, probably could have snatched the top spot if the song was slightly better. The song itself is very good and I’m just remembering now that it is Noel Gallagher on vocals. But the video is where it is at, the transition between scenes is sublime. Art direction and choreography are all great. I’m just thinking now that if you had picked ‘Hey boy hey girl’ it might have won the round. Great pick though.

I can't believe @ShaneU stole my homework, gave it to a different teacher and got a much better mark for it 🤬

From Necrus Revisited on boards. Damn @Necro 😝

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Kol - 25-01-2023

Will probably run the next round reveal this evening around 7pm, Not top of the pops

If anyone is around, drop in

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Sephiroth_Dude - 25-01-2023

[Image: 4-FFVIII_0005.jpg]

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Wichita Lineman - 25-01-2023

[Image: b4cde356e7108fdcb661b122a75b6d51.gif]

Round 4

Not Top of the Pops - A song that should have been No. 1 but wasn't (in the UK charts)

[Image: bbcan-bbcan3.gif]

In 10th place with 3 points is

@Butty Brennan - Ricky martin and Xtina - Nobody Wants to be lonely

Comments
I remember this song. Got that latin music vibe going on with a power ballad feel. Christina has a great voice, I haven’t heard her recently. Ricky’s vocals are fine also but I think he was more about the look. Both artists had great looks, Christina was stunning back then. The song itself I would call okay, wouldn’t turn it off if it came on the radio but I wouldn’t be adding it to my playlist. Reached No. 4 in the UK and got some prestigious award nominations but in my opinion it's just an okay song, much better picks here.

In 9th place with 4 points is

@ShaneU  - Grace VanderWaal - Lion's Den

Comments
This one is new to me. Not familiar with the singer at all. Nice song starts off slow and the drama increases. Nice little beat comes in after the first chorus. I just felt it never peaked and I was waiting for it. Not really sure what the theme of the lyrics is and the video is a bit strange. Those are not bad things. Certainly an act I’m going to check more off. A surprise and  decent pick

In 8th place with 5 points is

@Declan A Walsh  - Eddie and the Hot Rods - Do What You Wanna Do

Comments
I’m not a big fan of punk rock, but this is a decent song. Never heard of the band or this song before. It has a nice musical structure, I can dig that guitar sound. Vocally it is okay, but again, I can’t really distinguish good punk rock vocals so what would I know. An Average rating from me mainly due to the genre rather than the song.

In 7th place with 6 points is

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick  - Dua Lipa ft. DaBaby - Levitating

Comments
I’m slightly familiar with Dua Lipa, love her song ‘Physical’ and I’m sure I heard this one on this site somewhere. It is not a song that stands out as great to me but I did find myself liking it more after a few listens. I don’t think it needed to feature a rapper in it, would have rathered it didn’t. I found myself singing along to the chorus. Reached No. 2 in the US. Good pick

In 6th place with 7 points is

@ari101  - Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun

Comments
This really is a fun song, maybe resonates more with girls than blokes like me but I think we all can sing along to it, easy lyrics. I remember the video as much as the song itself as it was part of the ‘Rock and Roll Wrestling’ gimmick in the mid 80s, Captain Lou Albano plays Cyndi’s father in the video and Cyndi made some appearances in the WWF at the time. In fact, the video was completed on a small budget mainly due to most of the cast being Cyndi’s family, friends, or business associates and all volunteering to appear for free. One of those timeless classics that never gets old, is it a great song, maybe not but as I said, a fun one. Held off the top spot in the UK by FGTH - Relax and in the US by Van Halen - Jump, probably about right

In 5th place with 8 points is

@Sawduck  - R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Comments
Probably one of REM’s better songs, now considering how many hits they have had that is saying a lot. It a nice listen musically with Stipes distinctive voice driving the song. Not quite sure the meaning of the song I think it is something to do with losing one's temper. This one seems to do quite well here and that might be its downfall slightly, very overplayed. A pretty good pick for this category though, wouldn’t have been surprised if that got number one.

In 4th place with 9 points is

@Irish Aris  - Let Loose - Crazy for You

Comments
At first, I couldn’t place hearing this one before, but I did eventually recall it. It’s a pretty good song and I think this band had a decent sound. I thought they were American but I found they are English after some research. Not sure why they didn’t do better, I guess you had to dance and lip sync rather than play instruments in the 90s to be successful. Held off the top spot in the UK to Love is all around, I would have given this top spot. Good pick.

[Image: super-mario-headbang.gif]

In 3rd place with 10 points is

@jp liz v1  - Rag'n'Bone Man - All You Ever Wanted

Comments
This song is fantastic, I have never heard it before. I’m only familiar with his song ‘Human’ which I found kind of irritating. This one was a real surprise. He has a great voice and compliments the music here. Didn’t do very well in the charts so definitely hits the mark for me in this category. This one is going on my playlist, great pick.

That leaves the bottom two and top two

[Image: jan-nah.gif]

In 11th place with 2 points is

@Necro  - Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters

Comments
Yeah…who ya gonna call? Probably not Necro for music advice though we are usually on the same page I’m not sure what is going on here. Sure listen, it’s a fun novelty song but it gets old quickly. There are some parts I automatically find myself singing along to but it kind of keeps going on for too long. The music video has a lot of cameos and was directed by the same guy who directed the movie. Big production cost I’m sure and it got a lot of airplay. Reached No. 1 in the US and held off the top spot in the UK by Stevie Wonder - I just called to say I love you, maybe he was calling the Ghostbusters, I don’t know. An okayish song, much better here though.

In 2nd place with 11 points is

@Sephiroth_Dude  - Alice In Chains - Would?

Comments
This is probably the only Alice in Chain song I’m familiar with and what an awesome track. The baseline is great and very distinctive then it gets heavy for the chorus, sung by Layne Staley. Written by Jerry Cantrell about a friend of his that died of a drug overdose. Probably not a song that was likely to reach top spot in the charts, doesn’t seem like that kind of music. Great pick

In 12th place with 1 points is

@Wichita Lineman  - Dua Lipa - Be The One

Comments
Well Dua seems to be everywhere. She is a bit hit and miss for me. Unfortunately this one is a bit of a miss for me. It is an okay listen but I wouldn’t be seeking it out or adding it to my playlist. Very generic for me, nothing memorable really.

[Image: dedikodu-gossip.gif]

In 1st place with 12 points is

@Jluv - Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Comments
Someone has done their homework, I love this song. Heard for the first time only a few years ago. Wouldn’t know much more about the band apart from this song. The song structure, vocals, lyrics are all perfect. Both vocalists really do compliment each other. Really tight production. The video is fun if a little cheesy at the end. Held off the top spot in the US by Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart, what a travesty to music.

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Irish Aris - 25-01-2023

Some great selections in this round!!

PlayerR1R2R3R4BPTotal
Liz127310335
Jluv19812333
Aris8479331
Shane9594330
Declan21211530
Seph36101130
Ari7312729
Rsoapy11101628
sawduck685827
Wichi10114126
Butty416314
Necro522211

We have a new leader at the top of the table well done @jp liz v1 and @Jluv for winning this round

With the Fog factor hopefully starting next week, it could be awhile before I return to this, will keep you all posted, thanks as always

I knew as soon as I actually tuned in to a reveal I'd tumble down the table. i was doing well when I was 'offline'. This might send me back on holiday!  Wink

[Image: packing-over-packed.gif]

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Jluv - 25-01-2023

Yayyyyy!! I love that song no matter how many times I hear it. It's definitely the blend of their voices. I love all their music..

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - ari101 - 25-01-2023

That was a good round, that Rag n Bone Man track is great. I like Be the One, would have scored higher for me.
That Let Loose song was a great throwback - knew it as soon as I heard it but had completely forgotten its existence and would have failed misreably if it was a PEEHS Audio track 🤣

Still clinging on to the peep above thanks to round 3 Big Grin

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Irish Aris - 25-01-2023

For this round I made the decision to select a song that was stuck at number 2 - and then took it a step further to select a song that was held at number 2 by either Bryan Adams' Everything I Do or Wet Wet Wet's Love is All Around.
There were the very easy choices of either Extreme's More Than Words or 2 Unlimited's Get Ready For This.
Then I saw Let Loose which I haven't heard in many many years - like ari said a great throwback!!

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - Declan A Walsh - 25-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 08:44 PM)Kol Wrote: In 1st place with 12 points is

@Jluv - Lady Antebellum - Need You Now

Comments
Someone has done their homework, I love this song. Heard for the first time only a few years ago. Wouldn’t know much more about the band apart from this song. The song structure, vocals, lyrics are all perfect. Both vocalists really do compliment each other. Really tight production. The video is fun if a little cheesy at the end. Held off the top spot in the US by Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart, what a travesty to music.

This is the first time that I heard this song. It's very pleasant. I actually knew this group already from their renditions of Christmas tunes. You should check out their Christmas covers. Yes, the vocal harmonies are great here, as indeed they are on their Christmas songs.

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - jp liz v1 - 25-01-2023

[Image: minions-woohoo.gif]

This cannot last me being top but for now woohoo

RE: Kolrus Strikes Back - E.N. - 26-01-2023

(25-01-2023, 08:28 PM)Kol Wrote: Probably one of REM’s better songs, now considering how many hits they have had that is saying a lot

You need to listen to a lot more REM!

Losing my Religion is nowhere near the best song on that album (Country Feedback, obvs) let alone their entire canon (I don't even know!)

They're an incredible band, and they're so much more and so much better than Losing my Religion