A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Women presents - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Women presents (/showthread.php?tid=214)

Women presents - Tigger - 08-12-2021

Hi 
If you are a woman or have worked out what a woman might like for Christmas ☃️☃️☃️? please to be letting me know here by way of a writing down.

RE: Women presents - nothing - 08-12-2021

Chocolate

RE: Women presents - Zaph - 08-12-2021

A set of jump leads

RE: Women presents - Toto Wolfcastle - 08-12-2021

I am a woman.

I added a spatula to my Amazon wish list last week so my husband would buy it for me for Christmas.

I’ve also asked for baking trays in the past.

Basically, don’t listen to my advice.

RE: Women presents - Leg End Reject - 09-12-2021

You'll need to let us know what she likes Tigger - hobbies, interests, does she collect anything etc. Budget? Buying online or in store? If the latter, where do you live?

If someone gave me a spatula or baking trays they'd end up as murder weapons Big Grin, so it's not a one-size fits all thing!

RE: Women presents - BuileBeag - 09-12-2021

@BuileBeag, that reminds me of a couple of posters over yonder! pac

RE: Women presents - BuileBeag - 09-12-2021

(09-12-2021, 12:25 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @BuileBeag, that reminds me of a couple of posters over yonder! pac
Only a couple!? Big Grin

RE: Women presents - ari101 - 09-12-2021

Spa voucher with promise to babysit smallie while she enjoys a massage/facial or similar? Tickets to see some show/concert (though that is risky these days with Covid)?

I've asked for colouring books and markers, new duvet, jigsaw puzzle carrier, refills of my favorite fancy scented soap, I think high quality kitchen stuff is good but as noted that's not for everyone!

RE: Women presents - jp liz v1 - 09-12-2021

I think nice perfume is always a winner, Chanel or Dior

RE: Women presents - Butty Brennan - 09-12-2021

(09-12-2021, 12:09 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: If someone gave me a spatula or baking trays they'd end up as murder weapons Big Grin, so it's not a one-size fits all thing!
You would have to be very angry and determined to kill someone with a spatula and baking tray shock
note to self: take the kitchen knife I was going to give Leg End Reject for Christmas back to the shop.

RE: Women presents - Diamonds of Frost - 09-12-2021

Is it a present for your wife @Tigger ?
What you could do is ask her to name five things she would love and then buy one of them.

I remember over on the Ladies Lounge some poor poor unsuspecting man would post looking for similar advice. Thread locked immediately with protestations of 'we aren't a hive mind'.
Get the lady in your life a toolbox or pair of socks and boxers and then see how that works out Big Grin

(09-12-2021, 02:04 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I think nice perfume is always a winner, Chanel or Dior

He would have to know her favourite scent though.

(09-12-2021, 06:44 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Is it a present for your wife @Tigger ?
What you could do is ask her to name five things she would love and then buy one of them.

I remember over on the Ladies Lounge some poor poor unsuspecting man would post looking for similar advice. Thread locked immediately with protestations of 'we aren't a hive mind'
That's exactly what I meant! Snotty comments when someone was just looking for ideas.

(09-12-2021, 06:48 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 06:44 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Is it a present for your wife @Tigger ?

I remember over on the Ladies Lounge some poor poor unsuspecting man would post looking for similar advice. Thread locked immediately with protestations of 'we aren't a hive mind'
That's exactly what I meant! Snotty comments when someone was just looking for ideas.
The auld man haters.  Tongue

RE: Women presents - jp liz v1 - 09-12-2021

(09-12-2021, 06:45 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:04 AM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I think nice perfume is always a winner, Chanel or Dior

He would have to know her favourite scent though.

He could get a perfume made up named after her

My kind of presents are - pjs, nice shower gel and body lotion, books, candle and perfume. I'm easily pleased though!

RE: Women presents - dawg - 09-12-2021

Fine so long as the target isnt some mad thing that wants to cancel poor Coco

(09-12-2021, 07:16 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: My kind of presents are - pjs, nice shower gel and body lotion, books, candle and perfume. I'm easily pleased though!
Thats almost Bell, Book and Candle there Leggy ...  Tongue 

If you need a black cat I know a lad down Cork way who might know where there is one to be had

Angel

(09-12-2021, 07:53 PM)dawg Wrote:

(09-12-2021, 07:16 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: My kind of presents are - pjs, nice shower gel and body lotion, books, candle and perfume. I'm easily pleased though!
Thats almost Bell, Book and Candle there Leggy ...  Tongue 

If you need a black cat I know a lad down Cork way who might know where there is one to be had

Angel
The cheek!
[Image: giphy.webp?cid=82a1493bg9eskljbuzsuq2qat....webp&ct=g]

RE: Women presents - dawg - 09-12-2021

[Image: witch_standing_on_broom_md_nwm_v2.gif]

RE: Women presents - Purple Mountain - 09-12-2021

Is Trig buying for you?? I smell juicy gossip  :p

(09-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote:
It's Tigger's thread, but either way, no!

Everyone is, of course, welcome to send presents my way. All year round too, not just at Christmas. pac

If Trig wants to buy for me I'll take a Hairdressing Voucher Angel Wink

RE: Women presents - Purple Mountain - 09-12-2021

Wimmin like spa days.

RE: Women presents - Tigger - 09-12-2021

thanks
i read all the things and got a phone
then i cancelled it and got a different phone
then i cancelled the second phone and tried to buy the first phone but the bank put my cards on hold so i had to ring the bank and a noce lad named arron helped me out
with my cards not woth the present thing

then i took it as a sign and i dont know what to do

i'm the cook at home
that spa thing is nice but you have to buy stuff for someone to go with her and the only ones of her friends that i like enough to buy presents for live too far away and covid
i'm simly not buying a spa day for someone i dont like like.

thanks for all the help

i think i'll buy her aphone i got her one in 18 so its probablt a nice improvement although devcent 18 phone is still good enough for all we do be using them for

RE: Women presents - Sephiroth_Dude - 09-12-2021

(09-12-2021, 07:53 PM)dawg Wrote:

[Image: 000.gif]

im Tigger not Trigger

although i have spare names that i use somethimes if it helps

yeah its for the wi-fi last year i bought her a rav 4 (second hand like and its a sensible enough purchase and they dont make them any more) and this year i'm putting in a new kitchen cose she said so so thats kinda a big pssie

I'l, probably get her perfume

i got all the perfume made up thing before e are together like 24 years so i got lots of things before

it was easier when i wqs poor i asked the youngfella and he just had a thing and it was good
only cost 20 o tthats nice 

thanks for all the replies

RE: Women presents - Trigger - 09-12-2021

(09-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Purple Mountain Wrote:

(09-12-2021, 08:59 PM)ari101 Wrote: If Trig wants to buy for me I'll take a Hairdressing Voucher Angel Wink

[Image: soprano-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif]

Ok after 24 years you are on repeats but like a car and a kitchen is definitely great! Big Grin I had friends who eventually said they kept trying to get better stuff than previous, and were struggling, so after a few years they set a smaller limit and agreed to spend money on a weekend away together later in the year.

(09-12-2021, 09:59 PM)Tigger Wrote: im Tigger not Trigger

although i have spare names that i use somethimes if it helps

yeah its for the wi-fi last year i bought her a rav 4 (second hand like and its a sensible enough purchase and they dont make them any more) and this year i'm putting in a new kitchen cose she said so so thats kinda a big pssie

I'l, probably get her perfume

i got all the perfume made up thing before e are together like 24 years so i got lots of things before

it was easier when i wqs poor i asked the youngfella and he just had a thing and it was good
only cost 20 o tthats nice 

thanks for all the replies

Must get on to @Neowise for a new car  Tongue

I'm sure Missus Tigger will be only delighted with whatever you get her Smile

We have decided not to do gifts this year between us.. not sure if it's a trick! pac

Ah no, with everything going on for us we are just focusing on the young lad and splashing out on him instead

(09-12-2021, 10:21 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Must get on to @Neowise for a new car  Tongue

What's his is yours now, so just take his Big Grin

(09-12-2021, 10:44 PM)Trigger Wrote: We have decided not to do gifts this year between us.. not sure if it's a trick! pac

Ah no, with everything going on for us we are just focusing on the young lad and splashing out on him instead
[Image: 350?cb=20200419180439]

(09-12-2021, 10:45 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 10:21 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Must get on to @Neowise for a new car  Tongue

I was gonna say this 
No wonder people this k I'm you

RE: Women presents - Necro - 10-12-2021

(09-12-2021, 10:45 PM)Trigger Wrote:

Ah that wouldn't be good enough for Frosty, shure he has only 4 months of NCT on it  pac

I can't say what I got Necrina in case she reads this thread unfortunately.... Confused