A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! (/showthread.php?tid=210)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Homer J. Fong - 01-05-2022

Et maintenant, numéro cinq:

[Image: pUgxXlp.png]

Metallica (a.k.a. The Black Album)

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Homer J. Fong - 01-05-2022

"EXIT POINTS,
ENTER SHEEP!"

A double Heeps here, with osh and Shane landing on different sides but getting the same points. It's not going too well for Aris, however. 

And the purple tin continues to Ace. 

Question 5: Name a song from Metallica (aka The Black Album) by Metallica

Enter Sandman - 0
cdeb
cee_jay
Hello 2D Person Below
Irish Aris
jp liz v1
Kol
Necro
Sawduck

Wherever I May Roam - 4.5
Barna77
Declan A Walsh
osh

Nothing Else Matters - 4.5
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
ShaneU
Tauriel

The Unforgiven - 2
E.N.
Zaph

ACES - 1:

The God That Failed - the purple tin

Das sechste Album ist:

[Image: BFkCFDM.png]

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Zaph - 01-05-2022

Doesn't matter what it is, I suck so badly at HEEPS.

"With the Sheep out it's less dangerous"

You won't be so happy if you picked Lithium, but if you landed on one of the double Heeps then you're not gonna crack.

Question 6: Name a song from Nevermind by Nirvana

Lithium - 0
cdeb
Declan A Walsh
E.N.
osh
ShaneU
Tauriel
Zaph

Come As You Are - 6
Barna77
Irish Aris
jp liz v1
Necro

Smells Like Teen Spirit - 6
cee_jay
Hello 2D Person Below
Kol
Sawduck

ACES - 1:

Breed - the purple tin

So where are we after six questions?

Scores after question 6:

Player Score
Kol 27
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick 24
Sawduck 21
osh 20
ShaneU 18
Necro 15
cee_jay 13.5
Barna77 13.5
Irish Aris 13
cdeb 12.5
jp liz v1 12
Zaph 11
Hello 2D Person Below 10
Declan A Walsh 7.5
E.N. 7
Tauriel 6.5
the purple tin 6

It's Kol out in front, with RSoaPS in second and Sawduck holding on in third. The "Ace every round" strategy is not really paying dividends for the purple tin just yet.

Shane and osh still look like they may finish strongly here. Aris and Zaph need a bit of luck in the remaining rounds to maintain their charge for the title. 

And poor E.N. must have swapped his Liverpool jersey for an Everton one, as his title challenge becomes a battle against relegation!

(01-05-2022, 12:15 AM)Zaph Wrote: Doesn't matter what it is, I suck so badly at HEEPS.

You're talking to the guy who once entered an Alphabet HEEPS, and Sheeped every single round until it came to the letter N.  Big Grin Unsurprisingly, the wooden spoon was mine that day (and deservedly so!)

Uimhir a seacht:

[Image: iSgZu3Q.png]

Jagged Little Pill

"It's not fair to deny me,
Of the points I lost when you Sheeped on me
YOU, YOU, YOU OUGHTA KNOW!"

Question 7: Name a song from Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette

You Oughta Know - 0
cdeb
cee_jay
Declan A Walsh
E.N.
Sawduck

Ironic - 7.5
Barna77
Hello 2D Person Below
jp liz v1
Kol
Necro

Head Over Feet - 4
osh
ShaneU
Tauriel
Zaph

ACES - 1:

Perfect - the purple tin
Right Through You - Irish Aris

Lightning doesn't strike twice for @Cdeb, unfortunately; You Oughta Know may have won them a category but it returns a zero here. And isn't it iron....nope, I'm not gonna go there..... >_>

I'm a bit surprised that neither 'Hand In My Pocket' nor 'You Learn' picked up a single vote here.

Zig-a-zig-ah! Time to add a little bit of....

[Image: V4iSdUw.png]

Spice

YO, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I WANT, WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT....

.....A TRIPLE FUCKING SHEEP!!  shockshockshock

This round is bad news for everyone except Declan and, amazingly, purple; playing the long game finally pays off! 

Question 8: Name a song from Spice by The Spice Girls

2 Become 1 - 0
Barna77
jp liz v1
Necro
Sawduck
ShaneU

Wannabe - 0
E.N.
Hello 2D Person Below
Irish Aris
Kol

Say You'll Be There - 0
cdeb
cee_jay
osh
Tauriel
Zaph

ACES - 1.5:

Naked - the purple tin
Mama - Declan A Walsh

Only two more to go, and our penultimate album is:

[Image: 5PzoQ0V.png]

Funeral

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - RSOAPS - 01-05-2022

I usually despise HEEPS with a fiery passion, but I'm really enjoying this one... My strategy was obviously to just pick my favourite song from each album...

Wake Up? Shoulda stayed asleep, mate!
Only one pick for Power Out, not really something to shout about. 
Nobody at all is digging Tunnels.

And the purple tin continues to purple Ace (but he picked one of my favourites from this album so I'll forgive him!) 

Question 9: Name a song from Funeral by Arcade Fire

Wake Up - 0
Barna77
cdeb
E.N.
jp liz v1
Necro
osh
Sawduck
Tauriel

Neighborhood #2 (Laika) - 4.5
cee_jay
Irish Aris
Kol

Rebellion (Lies) - 2
Hello 2D Person Below
ShaneU

ACES - 1:

Haiti - the purple tin
Crown of Love - Declan A Walsh
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) - Zaph

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - ShaneU - 01-05-2022

Great album, their new stuff is nothing like this

Almost at the finish line and where are we?

Scores after question 9:

Player Score
Kol 39
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick 24
ShaneU 24
osh 24
Necro 22.5
Sawduck 21
Barna77 21
Hello 2D Person Below 19.5
jp liz v1 19.5
Irish Aris 18.5
cee_jay 18
Zaph 16
cdeb 12.5
Tauriel 10.5
Declan A Walsh 10
the purple tin 9.5
E.N. 7

@Kol is giving us a HEEPS masterclass, and holds a commanding lead over the trio of Shane, osh and RSoaPS fighting for second place.

Poor @E.N. is giving us a SHEEPing masterclass, but in the wrong game.

And we're almost at the end. Kan Ye believe it? Eh? EH?

....oh never mind, here's

[Image: ukoVheO.png]

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Unlike Funeral, we can safely say that here the 'Power' IS out. Unlike E.N.'s Sheeping streak, which continues to the very end. Baaaad luck, @E.N..

Shane appears to have pipped osh and RSoaPS to second place by a single point.

And @cee_jay very thoughtlessly ruins the purple tin's streak of Aces!  Confused

Question 10: Name a song from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West

Power - 0
cdeb
E.N.
Hello 2D Person Below
jp liz v1
Tauriel

Monster - 4.5
Irish Aris
Necro
Sawduck

Blame Game - 2
cee_jay
the purple tin

Hell of a Life - 2
Declan A Walsh
Zaph

Runaway - 2
Barna77
ShaneU

ACES - 1:

All Of The Lights - Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick
Gorgeous - Kol
Dark Fantasy - osh

And so here are our final scores for the Heeps round, before converting to Walrus points:

Scores after question 10:

Player Score
Kol 40
Necro 27
ShaneU 26
Sawduck 25.5
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick 25
osh 25
Irish Aris 23
Barna77 23
cee_jay 20
Hello 2D Person Below 19.5
jp liz v1 19.5
Zaph 18
cdeb 12.5
Declan A Walsh 12
the purple tin 11.5
Tauriel 10.5
E.N. 7

Where there's a tie, I will take the average of the two places in the table. e.g. If there were two winners, they would get (17+16)*0.5 = 16.5 points each.

So our final FINAL points for the round are:

Kol 17
Necro 16
ShaneU 15
Sawduck 14
Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick 12.5
osh 12.5
Irish Aris 10.5
Barna77 10.5
cee_jay 9
Hello 2D Person Below 7.5
jp liz v1 7.5
Zaph 6
cdeb 5
Declan A Walsh 4
the purple tin 3
Tauriel 2
E.N. 1

And now we put these into our final table and see what it does to the overall final scores.........

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: c4de7ba150972c93bdc39d02283f08d4.gif]

With an impressive final tally of 80.5 points, our Walrus-HEEPS champion is.....

@osh !!!
Congratulations Mister, very well played. 

Our long-time leader @Irish Aris misses out by just one point, but still takes a respectable silver medal.
And thanks to a late charge in the final three rounds, @ShaneU sprints over the line to take bronze.

At the other end of the table, the purple tin is our Wooden Spoon winner. Purple, I hope you're still out there somewhere (maybe here under a different guise) and if not then I hope you'll rejoin us one day.

Thank you to everybody who took part in this. I'm so sorry it took so long to get revealed, a number of IRL things happened in between that derailed my focus (nothing too traumatic, thankfully, just a lot of little things). But I really do appreciate you all entering, and I hope you enjoyed it. I also hope my tardiness does not dissuade you from participating in future Walrus games! 

Here is our final table. 

[Image: Q3idQeZ.png] 
@Zaph, @Necro, @Sawduck, @Hello 2D Person Below, @Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick, @E.N., @jp liz v1, @Kol , @cee_jay, @Barna77, @Cdeb, @Declan A Walsh and @Tauriel - thank you all so much again. 

A Walrus Round of Applause for you all!

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - RSOAPS - 01-05-2022

Congrats @osh

Thanks for running the game @Homer J. Fong - lots of fun throughout and great reveal.

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Zaph - 01-05-2022

Took a while to get there, but it was definitely worth the wait (well maybe the HEEPS round not so much Big Grin ), so thanks for a great game Homer.  And congrats to Osh, a very worthy winner.

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - osh - 01-05-2022

Wow down to the wire there. Never usually do well in sheep, heeps etc so quite surprised I managed to pull through. Especially after my final round song didn't do great. I'm glad it grew a little on you though after a few listens as I definitely needed the extra point or two!

Cheers for the reveal Homer, well run as always.

Unlucky with the heeps Zaph, it's a lottery really!

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Kol - 01-05-2022

(30-04-2022, 10:23 PM)Homer J. Fong Wrote: In 6th place and scoring 12 points:

Tahnee Cain & The Tryanglz - Burnin' In The Third Degree

Submitted byShow Content

Have I listened to the artist before? No
Have I listened to the song before? No

Comments:
Holy Eighties, Batman! shock  This is the Eighties-est thing that ever Eighties-ed. And I mean that in a good way. Annoyingly this song is seemingly impossible to find on streaming services, but that’s the only complaint I have. Surprised I hadn’t heard it before, I like this much more than other supposed Eighties “classics”. Definitely made for shouting along to at 3am, when you’re several beers in but have absolutely no intention of slowing down. Very nice pick, and another one for the running playlist....or at least it would be if I could stream it. >_<;

I thought this might have been recognisable from The Terminator, it's played during the nightclub scene where Arnie first finds Sarah.

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Kol - 01-05-2022

Congrats @osh great win, that was really close.

Thanks for the game @Homer J. Fong missed most of the reveals though really enjoyed reading them.

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - E.N. - 01-05-2022

(30-04-2022, 10:49 PM)Homer J. Fong Wrote: In 3rd place and scoring 15 points:

Júniús Meyvant - High Alert

[b]Comments:

Never heard of this guy before so didn’t know what to expect, but what I’ve heard here I very much like. This song has a nice mix of indie, folk, blues and pop in one neat package. Will be checking out more by him for sure. An instantly likeable, infectiously hummable tune and a very strong pick.

Ah delighted you liked it. It's not even the best song on that album, Across The Borders, well worth a listen. Real kind of summery 70s American vibe to it, I was very surprised to learn he's Icelandic!

Thanks for the game Homer, apart from the car crash HEEPS Tongue

Great write ups, loads of which piqued my interest, looking forward to catching up with the music when I get a chance

Enjoy the hols!

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Irish Aris - 01-05-2022

Congrats osh, great selections overall.

Thank you for organising Homer, you had some superb categories!!!

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Declan A Walsh - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 07:14 AM)Kol Wrote: Congrats @osh great win, that was really close.

Thanks for the game @Homer J. Fong missed most of the reveals though really enjoyed reading them.

As he man said!

Missed the Reveal over the last few days, and just caught up. It was entertaining.

(01-05-2022, 07:12 AM)Kol Wrote:
(30-04-2022, 10:23 PM)Homer J. Fong Wrote: In 6th place and scoring 12 points:

Tahnee Cain & The Tryanglz - Burnin' In The Third Degree

Submitted byShow Content

Have I listened to the artist before? No
Have I listened to the song before? No

I thought this might have been recognisable from The Terminator, it's played during the nightclub scene where Arnie first finds Sarah.

Ahem!  Arrow

(30-04-2022, 11:11 AM)Homer J. Fong Wrote:
(30-04-2022, 02:09 AM)Zaph Wrote: You probably know this song from The Blues Brothers.  Cab Calloway played Curtis and this was the big band number before the brothers arrived at their show towards the end of the film.

Have never seen Blues Brothers, believe it or not. Then again, I've never seen most films that everybody else has, I'm terrible with cinema!  Blush Is it worth the watch?

Should I stick Terminator on the list after Blues Brothers then?  Tongue

(01-05-2022, 01:41 AM)osh Wrote: Wow down to the wire there. Never usually do well in sheep, heeps etc so quite surprised I managed to pull through. Especially after my final round song didn't do great. I'm glad it grew a little on you though after a few listens as I definitely needed the extra point or two!

Cheers for the reveal Homer, well run as always.

Unlucky with the heeps Zaph, it's a lottery really!

It really was down to the wire, I genuinely had no idea who had won while I was posting the reveals. It was only after I posted the Heeps results that I put all the scores together and was like "oh, it's osh". Big Grin

(01-05-2022, 10:52 AM)Homer J. Fong Wrote: Should I stick Terminator on the list after Blues Brothers then?  Tongue

If you like 80s sci fi, action, Arnie, then yeah and part 2 also.

I've never seen The Blues Brothers, it just doesn't sound like a movie I'd like. I'm sure it's very good otherwise. I may watch it sometime out of curiosity

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - jp liz v1 - 01-05-2022

Congratulations @osh and Thank You @Homer J. Fong

RE: REVEAL - Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS! - Sawduck - 02-05-2022

Congrats Osh and thanks to Homer for running this, i especially liked the idea of adding a HEEPS game to a walrus