A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Rant Thread - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Rant Thread (/showthread.php?tid=188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: The Rant Thread - Sephiroth_Dude - 26-03-2022

(26-03-2022, 10:09 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: My rant: when you start the day in a great mood for no reason and then something happens (or usually someone) and you can't let it go and get it out of your mind so now you are in a pisser of a mood for the rest of the day.

That's exactly what happened me today.

*bro hugs*

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 26-03-2022

I topped a Leap card up during the week and promptly lost it. Longer story, but it was actually a friend's card so not registered to me, I asked if she could block it and request a refund. Turns out she never registered it, no refund possible 🙈😢 I'm an idiot for assuming, not getting another of my own, for not trying to register it, and for loosing it. 50+ squids gone... Confused

P.S. That was a sunny good mood Thursday morning realisation... 😖 When I had to go buy a new card to get to work, and if it is not obvious, I'm still a little butt hurt about it 🤣🤣🤣

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 27-03-2022

I thought the whole messing about with the clocks thing had been abolished by the EU. Confused

Another one is I had a late night on friday so I was exhausted last night. Then just as I had fallen sound asleep I got a text trying to push some stupid app. After that it took me ages to get back to sleep. Sad

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 27-03-2022

(27-03-2022, 11:43 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I thought the whole messing about with the clocks thing had been abolished by the EU. Confused

Another one is I had a late night on friday so I was exhausted last night. Then just as I had fallen sound asleep I got a text trying to push some stupid app. After that it took me ages to get back to sleep. Sad

It has but they postponed the implementation cos of Covid. I too am sick of this clock changing business. Pick a feckin time and stick with it.

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 27-03-2022

(26-03-2022, 11:42 PM)ari101 Wrote: I topped a Leap card up during the week and promptly lost it. Longer story, but it was actually a friend's card so not registered to me, I asked if she could block it and request a refund. Turns out she never registered it, no refund possible 🙈😢 I'm an idiot for assuming, not getting another of my own, for not trying to register it, and for loosing it. 50+ squids gone... Confused

P.S. That was a sunny good mood Thursday morning realisation... 😖 When I had to go buy a new card to get to work, and if it is not obvious, I'm still a little butt hurt about it 🤣🤣🤣

Official Retraction... In some excellent news, while sucking it up and doing house work today, the card was discovered to have lost itself amongst my bed linen not on the walk home as I believed and I am 54 eur richer 🥳🥳🥳  I should have publicly moaned sooner and I might have found it quicker 🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈🤣🤣

RE: The Rant Thread - Sephiroth_Dude - 27-03-2022

Difficult toxic family members with addiction issues, there bloody hard work and everyone else is wrong but them, no appreciation either for what you do for them, I wish to christ he would just F-off and take his poxy drink with him and leave us alone, just sick of him and his toxic behaviour.

RE: The Rant Thread - lorcand1990 - 27-03-2022

(27-03-2022, 12:00 PM)Necro Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 11:43 AM)Butty Brennan Wrote: I thought the whole messing about with the clocks thing had been abolished by the EU. Confused

It has but they postponed the implementation cos of Covid. I too am sick of this clock changing business. Pick a feckin time and stick with it.
Oh is that why it got postponed? I had thought it was to do with Northern Ireland not being in the EU and not wanting 2 timezones.. Nonetheless it's a pain!

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 30-03-2022

It is only perception, I know. But the evenings seem to fly by since the clocks changed. Before you know it it is really late.

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 03-04-2022

ignorant, rude people are getting on ...my ...last ...nerve

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 04-04-2022

Revenue have time to be chasing down 7 year old statistical returns that people didn't do ... Let me hit my head off a wall 🤦‍♀️😤

RE: The Rant Thread - dawg - 04-04-2022

In the ha'penny place with that. 

A couple of months ago they asked me to produce a bit of paper relating to a 1998 purchase.

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 04-04-2022

Jaysus. Standard practice is to keep stuff for 6 years and no longer, isn't it?!

RE: The Rant Thread - dawg - 04-04-2022

The Revenue personage involved took a running jump ( after this course of action was politely suggested to them )

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 04-04-2022

You are not wrong nothing... from Revenue's own website:
"In general you must retain all books, records and documents relevant to your business for a period of six years."
However, technically the return should have been done back in 2015 (I was not responsible for this) so I doubt sending them a MyEnquiry quoting their own website with a PFO is a good idea 😂😂😂

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 07-04-2022

Elon Musk is constantly warning us that super intelligent AI is going to take over the human race any day now.
If predictive text is anything to go by then we have absolutely nothing to worry about. it hasn't even reached the level of village idiot yet. Dodgy

RE: The Rant Thread - dawg - 07-04-2022

Probably referencing USA.

Its not that AI is getting super better*......its more the population is getting umm..... dumber and dumber

Wonder if this is true ?

I have a recollection of the death rate /100k due to transportation is many times higher than yer average euroland country......

Doubtless accidental shootings in The US would go down with a bit of AI  Tongue

America needs AI Big Grin

*  - Scratch this  if ML lives up to even half of what people promise for it

RE: The Rant Thread - TheValeyard - 07-04-2022

(04-04-2022, 06:40 PM)dawg Wrote: In the ha'penny place with that. 

A couple of months ago they asked me to produce a bit of paper relating to a 1998 purchase.
Good luck to that. I could barely remember what I bought last week.

RE: The Rant Thread - Tigger - 08-04-2022

1 revenue collect and are entitled to proof if retirnss from 6 years end of year
2 revenue are entitled to collect infor form any non returned information without statutory limit

So I I earn money In 2020 I return in 2021 so I have to retain info till 2027 so it looks like 7 years
If I start the business in 2020 I don't have to return till 2022 and so they can expect me to retain till 2028 which looks like 8 years

If I run a business and don't return ther is no limit.

I used to runy own businesss.till revenue decided to audit me
Cost me a literal shit ton and they found me did nothing wrong

Now I run another guys business and an audit means overtime

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 10-04-2022

Why do they have to make vitamin tablets so effing big? 😒😅 It's not even a multi vitamin either... Going to go shopping for 'smaller' vitamins tomorrow 😂

RE: The Rant Thread - Tigger - 10-04-2022

We brought Mum to an old persons home today.itsvonlybfir a bit but it's the thinend of the wedge so that her future now. It a nice place in teh scale of things but like it's not nice. These places clost 52grand a year you'd think that that could buy ayou a better experience.

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 10:59 PM)Tigger Wrote: We brought Mum to an old persons home today.itsvonlybfir a bit but it's the thinend of the wedge so that her future now. It a nice place in teh scale of things but like it's not nice. These places clost 52grand a year you'd think that that could buy ayou a better experience.

It isn't an easy thing but sometimes the overall quality of life they can provide because of the facilities is better. My grandma spent over 4 years in one and it really was the best option, she retained her dignity and was safely supported with her increased needs.

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 11-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 10:54 PM)ari101 Wrote: Why do they have to make vitamin tablets so effing big? 😒😅 It's not even a multi vitamin either... Going to go shopping for 'smaller' vitamins tomorrow 😂

What vitamin is it @ari101

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 12:15 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 10:54 PM)ari101 Wrote: Why do they have to make vitamin tablets so effing big? 😒😅 It's not even a multi vitamin either... Going to go shopping for 'smaller' vitamins tomorrow 😂

What vitamin is it @ari101

Magnesium - I have a pack that I will finish but feck me they are giant for a single vitamin tab 😂

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 12:18 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 12:15 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: What vitamin is it @ari101

Magnesium - I have a pack that I will finish but feck me they are giant for a single vitamin tab 😂

Yes some can be giant, try powder or liquid form maybe 

I hate some chalky ones that leave an after taste

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 11-04-2022

Mondays hurt my head.

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 11-04-2022

The wheel on my trolley was buggered and it was making a really loud farty noise. Everyone in the shop was looking at me and giggling.  Blush

(11-04-2022, 07:16 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: The wheel on my trolley was buggered and it was making a really loud farty noise. Everyone in the shop was looking at me and giggling.  Blush
so ^ that was youuuu.... Wink

Rock me mama like a wagon wheel......worst.earworm.ever. Thanks ShanueU! Tongue

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 13-04-2022

Why am I still awake? 🙄🙄

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 13-04-2022

What's happening in Ireland, every day a murder or attack, looks like to be hate homophobic killings in Sligo from online dating and an elderly lady killed in Dublin

RIP all the victims

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 13-04-2022

It's bizarre to see 2 homophobic murders in one town, they have to be connected.

Sickening in this day and age.

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 13-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 05:57 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: It's bizarre to see 2 homophobic murders in one town, they have to be connected.

Apparently there was an attack in Sligo also last week or the week before some speculation connected, serial attacker killer, sounds like a TV show but reality in Ireland in Sligo not that the location should matter

RE: The Rant Thread - Tigger - 14-04-2022

(13-04-2022, 06:05 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 05:57 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: It's bizarre to see 2 homophobic murders in one town, they have to be connected.

Apparently there was an attack in Sligo also last week or the week before some speculation connected, serial attacker killer, sounds like a TV show but reality in Ireland in Sligo not that the location should matter
It's crazy muslem people going on grinder and targeting hunting torturing and mutilating honest decent Irish men is what it is ..and it's not two it's four or more.
I have no issue with muslem people living in Sligo but the need to buck up their ideas.

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 12:43 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 06:05 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Apparently there was an attack in Sligo also last week or the week before some speculation connected, serial attacker killer, sounds like a TV show but reality in Ireland in Sligo not that the location should matter
It's crazy muslem people going on grinder and targeting hunting torturing and mutilating honest decent Irish men is what it is ..and it's not two it's four or more.
I have no issue with muslem people living in Sligo but the need to buck up their ideas.

That's an alarming assumption to make

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 12:43 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(13-04-2022, 06:05 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Apparently there was an attack in Sligo also last week or the week before some speculation connected, serial attacker killer, sounds like a TV show but reality in Ireland in Sligo not that the location should matter

I don't care the age, race, religion, sex or ethnicity etc., of the murderer, deserves to serve all his life in a hell hole prison 

I hope the country has rallies, protests and vigils for the victims

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 14-04-2022

I don't mind the rallies or vigils but some people online are using the reaction to Ashling Murphy's murder as a willy waving contest for how people should react to these senseless deaths.

Does everything have to be comparable these days? Can you not decry all three without having to measure reaction between them?

What's the issue ? I'm going to the town hall tomorrow cos the town needs to show anyone that's needs to be shown that we stand against this vehiviour.

Same as we stand against the murder of anyone but Ive met Michael and I've lived in cartron and I'd drunk ponts in Foley's.

Also all things considered willy waving is a bit on pointvreally

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 11:22 AM)Necro Wrote: I don't mind the rallies or vigils but some people online are using the reaction to Ashling Murphy's murder as a willy waving contest for how people should react to these senseless deaths.

Does everything have to be comparable these days? Can you not decry all three without having to measure reaction between them?

I do see your point @Necro ( after checking the meaning of decry  Big Grin  ) but I feel all the men bashing during Aishling Murphy's murder about female victims male culprits etc., that male victims also deserve the same coverage and also the older lady murdered in Dublin by a female, everyday seems to be a killing / murder in Ireland these days 

@Tigger I am sorry about your friend

(14-04-2022, 11:22 AM)Necro Wrote: I don't mind the rallies or vigils but some people online are using the reaction to Ashling Murphy's murder as a willy waving contest for how people should react to these senseless deaths.

(14-04-2022, 11:25 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:

I do see your point @Necro ( after checking the meaning of decry  Big Grin  ) but I feel all the men bashing during Aishling Murphy's murder about female victims male culprits etc., that male victims also deserve the same coverage and also the older lady murdered in Dublin by a female, everyday seems to be a killing / murder in Ireland these days 

@Tigger I am sorry about your friend
Tha KS , He wasn't my friend but he seemed perfectly pleasant and I wish he'd not have that happen.