A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
The Rant Thread - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Rant Thread (/showthread.php?tid=188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 17-01-2022

I hope that doesn't become a regular nuisance, nothing.

Bleurgh, Monday.

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 17-01-2022

(17-01-2022, 12:49 AM)nothing Wrote: One of the new neighbours has been trying to get into my apartment, I can only assume she thinks it's her own as she's off her face on something. Left her sitting on the floor after trying to explain she lives the other end of the corridor.
If she comes back again ask her for some of what she's had. pac
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2F38.media.tumblr.com%2F9...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: The Rant Thread - Diamonds of Frost - 19-01-2022

(17-01-2022, 12:49 AM)nothing Wrote: One of the new neighbours has been trying to get into my apartment, I can only assume she thinks it's her own as she's off her face on something. Left her sitting on the floor after trying to explain she lives the other end of the corridor.
Oh it's a horrible state to be in. I've never forgotten where I lived but I have been awful grateful for the kindness of strangers on two occasions back in the day.

Did she have a key to get in to her apartment? She probably fell asleep on the corridor and then made her way to her own place.

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 19-01-2022

(19-01-2022, 09:16 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
Oh it's a horrible state to be in. I've never forgotten where I lived but I have been awful grateful for the kindness of strangers on two occasions back in the day.

Did she have a key to get in to her apartment? She probably fell asleep on the corridor and then made her way to her own place.

Next door told me that she was trying to get into hers as well, that she ended up calling the guards cos she was frightened for the kids when the woman striped off. Key was in her pocket.

RE: The Rant Thread - Diamonds of Frost - 19-01-2022

(19-01-2022, 09:45 PM)nothing Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 09:16 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Oh it's a horrible state to be in. I've never forgotten where I lived but I have been awful grateful for the kindness of strangers on two occasions back in the day.

Next door told me that she was trying to get into hers as well, that she ended up calling the guards cos she was frightened for the kids when the woman striped off. Key was in her pocket.
Oh good. I'd say she was in a heap the next day.
Shudder.

(19-01-2022, 10:08 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 09:45 PM)nothing Wrote: Next door told me that she was trying to get into hers as well, that she ended up calling the guards cos she was frightened for the kids when the woman striped off. Key was in her pocket.
Oh good. I'd say she was in a heap the next day.
Shudder.

No doubt. I think she has an addiction issue, and I have no idea whether to reach out or leave her to it.

RE: The Rant Thread - Leg End Reject - 19-01-2022

(19-01-2022, 10:46 PM)nothing Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 10:08 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Oh good. I'd say she was in a heap the next day.
Shudder.

No doubt. I think she has an addiction issue, and I have no idea whether to reach out or leave her to it.
As misanthropic as it sounds, I would not involve myself. Unfortunately, you can't help, and you're inviting a world of misery and exploitative sob stories into your life if you do.

(19-01-2022, 10:57 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 10:46 PM)nothing Wrote: No doubt. I think she has an addiction issue, and I have no idea whether to reach out or leave her to it.
As misanthropic as it sounds, I would not involve myself. Unfortunately, you can't help, and you're inviting a world of misery and exploitative sob stories into your life if you do.

You're probably right, I don't have a clue how to help her, or if she even wants help, and I don't need the drama.

RE: The Rant Thread - Diamonds of Frost - 20-01-2022

(19-01-2022, 10:46 PM)nothing Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 10:08 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Oh good. I'd say she was in a heap the next day.
Shudder.

I think I would leave her be nothing. It's one thing helping a girl out if she's in bother but quite different if she has serious ongoing issues. You could get drawn in to all sorts of stuff. 

Trust your gut.

RE: The Rant Thread - aaronjennings - 20-01-2022

Ordered a smart watch from DID, went for home delivery because it would be more convenient... or so I thought...

A week later they still hadn't posted it. When I contacted them, they organised for a store to post it out, which they did. But somehow, An Post couldn't find my address (not like I've lived here for 25 years or anything!) and sent it back. I suspect DID didn't use the full address, and so An Post tried to deliver it to a street with the same name in the city nearest to me, rather than the town I actually live in, which has happened with couriers before

Now to get it re-delivered, DID had to create a new order, because for some reason they couldn't just re-send the same one, so that's caused another delay. Not that they informed me of this or anything, again I had to get in contact with them to discover all of this

So two weeks since my initial order, we're right back at square one, waiting for it to be dispatched

I've passed by an actual DID twice since I ordered it, so much for the 'convenience' of home delivery

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 20-01-2022

(20-01-2022, 04:46 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Ordered a smart watch from DID, went for home delivery because it would be more convenient... or so I thought...

A week later they still hadn't posted it. When I contacted them, they organised for a store to post it out, which they did. But somehow, An Post couldn't find my address (not like I've lived here for 25 years or anything!) and sent it back. I suspect DID didn't use the full address, and so An Post tried to deliver it to a street with the same name in the city nearest to me, rather than the town I actually live in, which has happened with couriers before

Now to get it re-delivered, DID had to create a new order, because for some reason they couldn't just re-send the same one, so that's caused another delay. Not that they informed me of this or anything, again I had to get in contact with them to discover all of this

So two weeks since my initial order, we're right back at square one, waiting for it to be dispatched

I've passed by an actual DID twice since I ordered it, so much for the 'convenience' of home delivery

Yeah some companies are so lazy when it comes to passing on the proper address details to the courier.
Every single time I order things from zooplus I get an email from DPD asking for my eircode even though it's on my account address...

At least DPD ask rather than just sending it back though.

RE: The Rant Thread - Declan A Walsh - 21-01-2022

The above reminds me of something related.

I have found many times that if I am making a change to an order and the retailer say that they will contact me when it is ready, or on the way if it involves a delivery, that I end up having to ring them. For example, I was told I was due a refund because of a change to an order and that they would contact me, which they did not. This dragged on for a while until one day I happened to be near the premises so decided to walk in. I had to explain the whole thing to them again and, after much humming and hawing, I got my refund there on the spot! On another occasion, the same retailer told me, after numerous phone calls to them, that a delivery lorry would be arriving to take away something from my house on a specific day. Unannounced, the delivery van arrived on an earlier day. Only for the fact that I had recently been told to resume working from home again because of Covid restrictions, there would have been nobody there as that was the day I had been going into the office!

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 22-01-2022

The new LED headlights on cars can flipping blind you at night even when they are dipped.

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 22-01-2022

(22-01-2022, 07:38 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: The new LED headlights on cars can flipping blind you at night even when they are dipped.

I so agree, and then some idiots don't dim their lights approaching

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 22-01-2022

(22-01-2022, 07:40 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 07:38 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote: The new LED headlights on cars can flipping blind you at night even when they are dipped.

I so agree, and then some idiots don't dim their lights approaching
The people who do that are dim, unlike their lights. pac
A big rant shoutout for splinters. Sad

RE: The Rant Thread - Mam of 4 - 22-01-2022

I can't log onto FOG on my phone 😢
I can't remember my password..... just as well I don't log out of it on the tablet or I'd be fcuked.

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 23-01-2022

(22-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I can't log onto FOG on my phone 😢
I can't remember my password..... just as well I don't log out of it on the tablet or I'd be fcuked.

Shoot me a PM Mam and I can reset it for ya tomorrow at some point

RE: The Rant Thread - Mam of 4 - 23-01-2022

(23-01-2022, 12:20 AM)Necro Wrote:
(22-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Mam of 4 Wrote: I can't log onto FOG on my phone 😢

Shoot me a PM Mam and I can reset it for ya tomorrow at some point

Thank you Necro,  much appreciated.

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 23-01-2022

Should be sorted now Mam PM me if any other issues.

RE: The Rant Thread - Mam of 4 - 23-01-2022

Thank you very much Necro ☺

RE: The Rant Thread - cee_jay - 24-01-2022

It's Monday again Sad

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 24-01-2022

Have a migraine starting 🤬

RE: The Rant Thread - Trigger - 24-01-2022

(24-01-2022, 09:55 AM)cee_jay Wrote: It's Monday again Sad

Workwise, everyday feels like a Monday these days to me.. govt chopping and changing stuff since Christmas has been a nightmare for ELF's and tests 🤮

RE: The Rant Thread - Necro - 24-01-2022

I've had a stupid cold all weekend (and yes it is definitely just a cold). Nose has been like a tap since yesterday so am horsing the decongestants into me

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 25-01-2022

Outlook  Angry Angry

RE: The Rant Thread - jp liz v1 - 25-01-2022

Why do some drivers not use their indicators, so dangerous and frustrating

RE: The Rant Thread - ShaneU - 26-01-2022

Fuck off China!

Quote:Film fans in China noticed over the weekend that a version of the movie Fight Club newly available on streaming platform Tencent Video was given a makeover that transforms the anarchist, anti-capitalist message that made the film a global hit.

In the closing scenes of the original, Norton's character The Narrator, kills off his imaginary alter ego Tyler Durden - played by Pitt - and then watches multiple buildings explode, suggesting his character's plan to bring down modern civilisation is underway.

But the new version in China has a very different take.

The Narrator still proceeds with killing off Durden, but the exploding building scene is replaced with a black screen and a coda: "The police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals, successfully preventing the bomb from exploding".

RE: The Rant Thread - E.N. - 26-01-2022

(26-01-2022, 01:34 PM)ShaneU Wrote: Fuck off China!

Saw that, insane!
It's both funny and terrifying at the same time

RE: The Rant Thread - E.N. - 26-01-2022

I've got a moan, it's not about boards but it where it happens.

What is it with people asking for help/advice in threads, then just disappearing? People (like me) take the time to try to be helpful and it's just for nothing, so annoying. Makes me reluctant to help out the following time.

Happens so much too.

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 26-01-2022

My phone is a constant messer. Makes me play "hot and cold" just to find it...

I hear it ringing from somewhere in the general vicinity, but can't find the damnable thing anywhere.

RE: The Rant Thread - Butty Brennan - 26-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 08:32 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Why do some drivers not use their indicators, so dangerous and frustrating
And what is also dangerous and frustrating is when they do use them but wrongly. Someone indicates that they are getting off a roundabout for example and they stay on it. I've had a few close calls with that so I don't trust indicators on a roundabout anymore, I won't start to pull out until I actually see the other car making the turn.

RE: The Rant Thread - nothing - 26-01-2022

There was a minibus in front of us today that had its right indicator on for a long time with no turns. Friend suspected there was no clicking inside so driver just forgot to turn it off

RE: The Rant Thread - Barna77 - 26-01-2022

Another one is crossing (walking) at some junction and a car comes up, turns, doesn't use the indicator, nearly knocks you down, and the driver still shouts at you.

RE: The Rant Thread - DejaBoo - 27-01-2022

and (speaking from experience) walking on the pedesrain sidewalk, when a car jumps the curb, comes right at you, making you jump into the neighbors hedges just to save your hide while the driver shouts profanities at you ... how dare anyone actually walk on the walking path, woulda been safer walking in traffic.

RE: The Rant Thread - Declan A Walsh - 27-01-2022

This could be just me, but why would someone stand at pedestrian traffic lights and wait for a gap in the traffic to cross and not press the button while they are waiting? I think this seems to be a very Irish phenomenon. The irony of it is that in many cases they would be crossing quicker if they did press the button straight away!

RE: The Rant Thread - E.N. - 27-01-2022

(27-01-2022, 09:54 AM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: This could be just me, but why would someone stand at pedestrian traffic lights and wait for a gap in the traffic to cross and not press the button while they are waiting? I think this seems to be a very Irish phenomenon. The irony of it is that in many cases they would be crossing quicker if they did press the button straight away!
I often do that if it's fairly quiet, and I'm aiming to be considerate if I do. If I assume a space will come up quicker than the lights change, then I'm preventing the lights from changing after I've crossed and stopping traffic for no reason.

RE: The Rant Thread - ari101 - 27-01-2022

(27-01-2022, 11:05 AM)E.N. Wrote: I often do that if it's fairly quiet, and I'm aiming to be considerate if I do. If I assume a space will come up quicker than the lights change, then I'm preventing the lights from changing after I've crossed and stopping traffic for no reason.

I usually look first, then press only if needed too. There are some unbelievably slow lights around where I live. A few I know I'll likely have to press, but others I expect there'll be a good gap long before the green man ever appears.

RE: The Rant Thread - Diamonds of Frost - 27-01-2022

(26-01-2022, 09:27 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 08:32 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Why do some drivers not use their indicators, so dangerous and frustrating
And what is also dangerous and frustrating is when they do use them but wrongly. Someone indicates that they are getting off a roundabout for example and they stay on it. I've had a few close calls with that so I don't trust indicators on a roundabout anymore, I won't start to pull out until I actually see the other car making the turn.
I don't trust them either mostly because I know how I drive Big Grin Some roundabouts I just jump in and hope for the best Big Grin

RE: The Rant Thread - aaronjennings - 27-01-2022

Murphy's Law - anything that can go wrong, will go wrong

Sums up the last three days to a tee

RE: The Rant Thread - Spears - 27-01-2022

Getting personal phone calls  and messages when I'm in work. The phone is on silent but I'm sick of hearing it vibrate when I clearly can't answer. 

Between missed calls, messages and emails- it's like having a second job dealing with my phone  Dodgy 

I wish people would be considerate enough to wait til after work to contact me. Especially phone calls.

I'm gonna ignore most of them even after work, but still....  Big Grin