A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
[Completed] FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Sign Ups (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: [Completed] FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... (/showthread.php?tid=181)

Pages: 1 2

FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 12-10-2021

Hi all, I fancy running a 'greatest ever' head to head style thingy on actors and I hope you will all join in. 

All I need from you for now is a list of your favourite actors - I believe that term covers the ladies too - but for those of you like me who still are more inclined to say actresses you wont be shunned here.  Big Grin

As it's such a wide open field I hate to put limits but for ease of record keeping if you can keep them to say no more than 20 per message that would be great. Now if you submit 15 and then think of another 5 another day and 5 or 6 more a week later I wont turn them away. PLEASE NOMINATE VIA PM'S.

[Image: 73846658.jpg]

I'll leave the nomination phase open for at least a couple of weeks and in the meantime I'm off to see if I am insane enough to actually volunteer to take this on.......

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPucX1zxM5zpWztRO_xcl...Q&usqp=CAU]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Trigger - 12-10-2021

You just know that Nicholas "greatest actor in the world" Cage will win this pac

Great idea though!

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - jp liz v1 - 12-10-2021

Can I pick tv actors actresses too not just from movies?

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 12-10-2021

Yes, stage / tv / film actors all allowed.

I'd rather you didnt include someone from your local drama society as it might be hard for me to get any info on them for later in the tournament but lets just say if they are on IMDB they are good for inclusion.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDmpAe_iR_8n_owJ8qs7Q...w&usqp=CAU]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - RSOAPS - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 02:43 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Yes, stage / tv / film actors all allowed.

I'd rather you didnt include someone from your local drama society as it might be hard for me to get any info on them for later in the tournament but lets just say if they are on IMDB they are good for inclusion.

I'm on IMDB (and I don't mean Rachel Stevens, I mean the actual "in real life" me), so can I nominate myself?

I can just picture the Final... Soapy vs Keanu Reeves...

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 12-10-2021

^ go for it  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - RSOAPS - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 03:02 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: ^ go for it  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Ah, it'd probably be unfair to all the other actors if I were in the running, so in the interest of a just and equal competition I'll remove myself from consideration on this occasion...

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Necro - 12-10-2021

That's me out so, I'm not on IMDB Sad

But I have starred in a number of local productions pac

(12-10-2021, 03:18 PM)Necro Wrote: That's me out so, I'm not on IMDB Sad

Sorry to have excluded anyone Smile  but I hope you will still contribute a few names later. 

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - DejaBoo - 12-10-2021

Wow, this sounds like a huge endeavour Lineman, brava for hosting it!

I am in, prolly not with actors most would choose though Blush (glad it's not sheep!) pac

Lot's of classic actors in so far. In fact we could do with some new faces. Are the FoG folks showing their age? I thought I was in the older category on here but some of you are making me wonder. 

[Image: the-place-is-classier-than-i-thought-adam-hagenbuch.gif]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - quickbeam - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 08:53 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Are the FoG folks showing their age?

Yup, I'm actually 110 years old.

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Declan A Walsh - 12-10-2021

I won't nominate any, but will follow it whenever I have a spare moment.

(12-10-2021, 08:53 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote: Lot's of classic actors in so far. In fact we could do with some new faces. Are the FoG folks showing their age? I thought I was in the older category on here but some of you are making me wonder. 

[Image: the-place-is-classier-than-i-thought-adam-hagenbuch.gif]

Fear not, I'll millennial this tournament all the way up with my nominations. Nobody over 35 will be allowed on my list...

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Necro - 12-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 03:46 PM)Wichita Lineman Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 03:18 PM)Necro Wrote: That's me out so, I'm not on IMDB Sad

Sorry to have excluded anyone Smile  but I hope you will still contribute a few names later. 

[Image: 200.gif]

Sent you on a list there... Might have included R. Soaps... Tongue

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - RSOAPS - 13-10-2021

(12-10-2021, 11:31 PM)Necro Wrote: Sent you on a list there... Might have included R. Soaps... Tongue

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - DejaBoo - 13-10-2021

(13-10-2021, 12:31 AM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 11:31 PM)Necro Wrote: Sent you on a list there... Might have included R. Soaps... Tongue

[Image: 4335c27ee7e9909484327e05fefb47e4.gif] Big Grin

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - RSOAPS - 13-10-2021

(13-10-2021, 12:36 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: [Image: 4335c27ee7e9909484327e05fefb47e4.gif] Big Grin

Oh there you are DejaBoo...

We've been waiting for you to give us the next category over here... https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=21608#pid21608

(13-10-2021, 12:36 AM)DejaBoo Wrote:
(13-10-2021, 12:31 AM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4335c27ee7e9909484327e05fefb47e4.gif] Big Grin

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - DejaBoo - 13-10-2021

(13-10-2021, 12:39 AM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(13-10-2021, 12:36 AM)DejaBoo Wrote: [Image: 4335c27ee7e9909484327e05fefb47e4.gif] Big Grin

Oh there you are DejaBoo...

We've been waiting for you to give us the next category over here... https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=21608#pid21608
Oh sheesh, am sorry!  Will go see what you mean cos.... I never guess anything right!

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 13-10-2021

Just a quick update - we currently have 132 nominations and surprisingly only one person has appeared 3 times so far. We have very discerning contributors ensuring there will be a wide range of ages (and talents) on view! 

[Image: what-movie-holds-the-world-s-record-for-...-scene.jpg]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 14-10-2021

[Image: more-i-want-more.gif]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - quickbeam - 14-10-2021

I can give you more if you want, but I'm afraid to Tongue

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - DejaBoo - 15-10-2021

I have 10 on my list -- quickbeam can use the other 10 of mine if ya like.

I shall enter shortly, didn't realize I am such an acting critic! Sorry for the delay Lineman!

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 15-10-2021

It's amazing how everyone so far has nominated fresh people. There has been no list received yet where everyone on it had already been nominated and yet there are literally gazillions of fantastic actors who havent been suggested yet. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlASEFT5596eN4J-YJOOB...w&usqp=CAU]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 16-10-2021

I am working away on getting this ready while nominations are still being accepted so if anyone has any more please send them on. No mad rush. Dont want to pressure anyone but the sooner I hit the  number I'm hoping for the sooner the knockouts can begin.

[Image: counting-benedict-cumberbatch.gif]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - quickbeam - 16-10-2021

Is that a hint that nobody has nominated Benedict yet and you want him included? Tongue

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Kol - 16-10-2021

I'm sure I can think of another few Wichey if you would like me to send them in.

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 16-10-2021

(16-10-2021, 07:21 AM)quickbeam Wrote: Is that a hint that nobody has nominated Benedict yet and you want him included? Tongue
Well it wasnt but really he should be in and amazingly he isnt!

(16-10-2021, 07:46 AM)Kol Wrote: I'm sure I can think of another few Wichey if you would like me to send them in.
Yes please a few more would be great and then I'll get it going in a few days.

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Mam of 4 - 16-10-2021

Sent ☺

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 19-10-2021

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYd94Kbucvd8TsuQPTFgC...Q&usqp=CAU]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - LadySkunk - 19-10-2021

Nominations submitted. Posting so I can bookmark the thread Smile

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - davetherave - 19-10-2021

Also sent in some names. Smile

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - Wichita Lineman - 19-10-2021

512 names on the spreadsheet so I'm closing off the noms while I continue to work through what I'm planning. Will get it started towards the end of the week all going well. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFxeCvuk_NSTh5uoraLJU...A&usqp=CAU]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - LadySkunk - 22-10-2021

Looking forward to winning. My actors are going to kick all of your actors butts Tongue

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - DejaBoo - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 03:11 PM)LadySkunk Wrote: Looking forward to winning. My actors are going to kick all of your actors butts Tongue

You're on LadyS Big Grin
[Image: gerard-butler-1604958320.png]

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - quickbeam - 22-10-2021

^^ Better not be that twat who wins. He deserves to be forgotten for his atrocious Irish accent.

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - DejaBoo - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 05:28 PM)quickbeam Wrote: ^^ Better not be that twat who wins.  He deserves to be forgotten for his atrocious Irish accent.
lol, well I didnae nominate him, but......

.....my man does look rather fetching in a kilt! Big Grin

RE: FOG Academy Greatest Actor - and the nominations are.... - ari101 - 22-10-2021

I'm a tad late to the party ooops... might try get on line more for the voting. I've not really been very 'tournament' active of late Confused

I'll just have to work on my list of people I hope to see when the voting starts! Big Grin