A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Feedback (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Bounty hunter - 04-08-2021

Can’t explain why but as eluded to before I can post fine from my phone and work computer but when I’m home and on my personal laptop I get these error messages when I try to post.

If it’s via quick reply:

There was an error posting your reply: The specified thread does not exist.

If I try to do it via post reply or press preview post with a quick reply :
There has been an error due to your post data being empty. This could be due to a browser page refresh or direct access to this page. We recommend you press the browser back button and begin again.

Been essentially running my week of sheep from my phone

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 05:45 PM)Bounty hunter Wrote: Can’t explain why but as eluded to before I can post fine from my phone and work computer but when I’m home and on my personal laptop I get these error messages when I try to post.

If it’s via quick reply:

There was an error posting your reply: The specified thread does not exist.

If I try to do it via post reply or press preview post with a quick reply :
There has been an error due to your post data being empty. This could be due to a browser page refresh or direct access to this page. We recommend you press the browser back button and begin again.

Been essentially running my week of sheep from my phone

What browser are you using? do you have any browser extensions installed? if I could just replicate it, then i can fix it.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Bounty hunter - 04-08-2021

I’m using chrome but in work they hav Ms Edge so I tried using that at home now and same response. *shrugs*

No extensions in use. I have a vpn installed with chrome but have not been using it.

Will see if I can solve this tomorrow, wanna post more here as I’ve not been enjoying the “new boards”

Did this work.... with the VPN and me set as being in Canada it works!

Glad you found the issue.

(04-08-2021, 02:04 PM)quickbeam Wrote: When you click on Next Oldest or Next Newest at the bottom of a thread, it doesn't bring you to the first unread post of that thread, it brings you to the end.  It's a handy tool as it saves you going up a step only go go in to the next thread.  But if it could bring you to the first unread that would be even better.  Thanks.

Quote:When you click on Next Oldest or Next Newest at the bottom of a thread, it doesn't bring you to the first unread post of that thread, it brings you to the end. 
It doesn't bring you to any post in that thread, it moves you to the next oldest thread in that forum, or the next newest thread in that forum.
I don't know if people feel this is a handy feature or not yet, as you are the only person to leave feedback on the feature. If it is not handy, it can be removed.
Quote:It's a handy tool as it saves you going up a step only go go in to the next thread.
yes, that is what it does, it moves up and down thread in the forum without having to go back to forum root.
Quote:But if it could bring you to the first unread that would be even better.  Thanks.
So, move to first unread in the next thread? We can add titles to the next threads, not sure about the first unread bit yet.

[Image: 15525-1344702719-ttinno-1.png]

TBH, i',m not a fan of next oldest and next newest at all.

I would much prefer the addition if a view unread posts feature which would list all threads you sub to that have unread posts.

[Image: unknown.png]
and also would like the mark all posts in a thread read fast mod.

Id prefer both of those to the next oldest and next newest button beong there at all.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - quickbeam - 05-08-2021

You can mark all threads read in a forum by clicking the big red icon. Subscribing to threads would be useful though. Like I’m not interested in soccer so I might see new posts in that forum only to go in and see that it’s only in soccer and I’m not going to read that but I have to go back and mark the forum
as read to clear the notification. If that makes sense.

PS here on my mobile for the first time. Seems to work just fine. Though a link back to the home page at the bottom of a thread to avoid having to scroll all the way back up would be handy.

Edit: scratch that, I found the ‘Top’ button.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Trigger - 05-08-2021

You can use the forum jump at the bottom of the page to go back also. It's should be on the forum you are in, so you can just press go. You can also select any forum or subforum to jump to on that

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Necro - 05-08-2021

There's a subscribe to thread option already, it's the third option below the quick reply box.

I think you can set up your settings to subscribe once you post in a thread either through your user CP.

But it still shows the red icon and the blue arrow for threads I'm not subscribed to?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - tusk - 05-08-2021

Don't think there's anything we can do there QB. The icon is purely for unread posts in the forum. It can't distinguish between threads you care about and ones you don't unfortunately.

No worries. Don’t ask don’t get.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 09:10 AM)quickbeam Wrote: But it still shows the red icon and the blue arrow for threads I'm not subscribed to?

The click to fast unread that i highlighted will quickly solve that. marking a forum as read as you have found out does not mark threads as read.

I can't be installing plugings willy nilly though, and would need more support than two people who don't want to have to go into the soccer thread to mark it as read Big Grin

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Ectoplasm - 06-08-2021

May be just a me thing AND very very minor....any chance the page numbers and blue arrow to go to 1st unread on a thread could be a bit bigger? I clicked on Necro's profile approximately 700 times during the game by accident. #notastalker

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 02:44 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: May be just a me thing AND very very minor....any chance the page numbers and blue arrow to go to 1st unread on a thread could be a bit bigger? I clicked on Necro's profile approximately 700 times during the game by accident. #notastalker

will look into it.

What is the pages numbers?

the nav bar at top and bottom?

when i was readin i was thinking #55 button, but thats post number, not page number.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - E.N. - 06-08-2021

Minor thing - but when you attach a picture there's an "Insert into post" button that adds it as an attachment, a clickable link, but not as a picture.

It's pretty easy to loop round, get the url and edit the post to stick a picture in, but if was a simple change might it worth defaulting to inserting it as a picture?

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Ectoplasm - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 04:14 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:44 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote: May be just a me thing AND very very minor....any chance the page numbers and blue arrow to go to 1st unread on a thread could be a bit bigger? I clicked on Necro's profile approximately 700 times during the game by accident. #notastalker

will look into it.

when i was readin i was thinking #55 button, but thats post number, not page number.

I'll attach a picture when I'm on laptop later.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Trigger - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 04:25 PM)E.N. Wrote: Minor thing - but when you attach a picture there's an "Insert into post" button that adds it as an attachment, a clickable link, but not as a picture.

It's pretty easy to loop round, get the url and edit the post to stick a picture in, but if was a simple change might it worth defaulting to inserting it as a picture?

It's on the list to look into it a bit more, it's a bit easier to use at the moment but auto insert is not possible at the minute.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 04:33 PM)Ectoplasm Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 04:14 PM)Neowise Wrote: will look into it.

I'll attach a picture when I'm on laptop later.

Ive increased the size of the navigation paginator buttons slightly.

also, about the blue arrow, it is bigger than it might appear. Its really a mighty big button underneath its slimish looks.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 09-08-2021

(30-07-2021, 06:12 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(30-07-2021, 05:35 PM)nothing Wrote: Nice range of themes!

Avatar change is a bit cut off in user cp on mobile.

(30-07-2021, 05:51 PM)Trigger Wrote: Dya have a pic of it, not seeing it on mine.. might be screen size

Love it!  Nested quotes too!!

Thanks for site tusk!

SpoilerShow Content

Okay, how do you do spoilers?

And two posts rigiht after eachother sort of combine.

Spoiler Tags:Show Content

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - quickbeam - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 12:50 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(30-07-2021, 06:12 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Love it!  Nested quotes too!!

Thanks for site tusk!

SpoilerShow Content

Okay, how do you do spoilers?

And two posts rigiht after eachother sort of combine.

Just testing if 
can be spoilered.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - quickbeam - 09-08-2021

Answer: not really.

Thanks Neo.  Is there a dummy's guide to doing a spoiler or do we have to manually type [spoiler="Spoiler Tags:"] before and [/spoiler] after each piece we want to spoiler?

(09-08-2021, 03:50 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Answer: not really.

Thanks Neo.  Is there a dummy's guide to doing a spoiler or do we have to manually type [spoiler="Spoiler Tags:"] before and [/spoiler] after each piece we want to spoiler?

SpoilerShow Content
you can add titles if you want, but not compulsory

Note how when you originally asked about spoilers, you gave an example, and it is now spoilered, i didn't edit that.

also, there should be an icon, and prompt, but its not working yet. so manual tags until i fix that.

[Image: preview_51493_1448731578_6e513983690f958...1a9b97.png]

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - tusk - 09-08-2021

lads. Neo is like the santy of FoG <3

Super job

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Zaph - 11-08-2021

Is there any way of getting a non-dark mode view, other than the default, which is truly awful? Unlike an awful lot of people, it seems, I really dislike dark backgrounds on websites. Thanks

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Neowise - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 07:48 PM)Zaph Wrote: Is there any way of getting a non-dark mode view, other than the default, which is truly awful?  Unlike an awful lot of people, it seems, I really dislike dark backgrounds on websites.  Thanks

This is something we can do.
We had many options at the start while we were trying to find something to settle on, and we removed them all, as we wanted to work on making one of them acceptable, which it mostly is now, seeing as the feedback for fixes has dried up.
I believe I could get a non dark theme set up, it won't be polished at first and you'll be our one man betatester. If you are willing, i'd be.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - Zaph - 11-08-2021

Yep, I'm happy to test it for you if you manage to come up with something. Thanks for that.

okay, i've installed mint.
Let me know what needs to be done.

Please if reporting issues, related to mint theme please let us know you are using mint so we know to switch to that theme before checking the issue.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - aaronjennings - 11-08-2021

Definitely in favour of having a bright theme as well as a dark one, I am also in the minority who seems to much prefer the former

In Mint, there is no Thank option, nor is there any list of who has Thanked a post

(11-08-2021, 09:20 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: Definitely in favour of having a bright theme as well as a dark one, I am also in the minority who seems to much prefer the former

In Mint, there is no Thank option, nor is there any list of who has Thanked a post

Fixed.
Feel free to suggest colours as i'm just setting them up so they can be seen and read. Big Grin

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - quickbeam - 11-08-2021

I might try a light theme too. One downside of white text on dark background, but black text in white background typing area is that then you paste from the former to the latter white on white doesn’t show.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - nothing - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 09:49 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I might try a light theme too.  One downside of white text on dark background, but black text in white background typing area is that then you paste from the former to the latter white on white doesn’t show.

Try to paste as plain text, I've found that works Smile

View New Posts option in Mint is actually a great feature that dark mode doesn’t seem to have.

(11-08-2021, 09:54 PM)nothing Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 09:49 PM)quickbeam Wrote: I might try a light theme too.  One downside of white text on dark background, but black text in white background typing area is that then you paste from the former to the latter white on white doesn’t show.

Try to paste as plain text, I've found that works Smile

That works in a thread but not when sending PMs.  Unless I’ve missed something stupid.

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - aaronjennings - 11-08-2021

Is it me or is the Mint theme excessively zoomed in?

I have to zoom out to 80% to make the layout a similar size to the dark theme, but that makes the size of some of the text - especially when composing a new post - very small

Not a major ssue but would be nice if fixable Smile

RE: Bug Reports, Feature Requests etc - No Chat Please - tusk - 11-08-2021

What about just simplicity (the one we use currently) but with a lighter palette?

Yeah, that could work Smile