A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide (/showthread.php?tid=107)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 02-09-2021

Travis - Sing will move on to Semi-Final 2

I do love Travis myself, but I would have been backing Radiohead in this round (if that's any consolation to you E.N.)

Same as always, feel free to discuss the Round 4 songs, but bear in mind that Travis will be part of the Semi-Final SHEEP question so maybe avoid statements like "I'm going to pick this every single time" or "It's bound to win the entire game" etc. etc. so as not to influence how people pick their answers later in the game.

A tough round for E.N. sees him slip back from the pack a bit, and Kol maintains the lead.

Scores after question 4:

25 - Kol
23 - ShaneU
22 - Sawduck
22 - Neowise
22 - Necro
19 - jp liz v1
18 - ari101
15 - nothing
14 - Spears
10 - Irish Aris
9 - cee_jay
9 - Wichita Lineman
6 - E.N.

Round 5: Send me a PM with whichever of these songs you want to SHEEP or think will SHEEP by 8pm Friday (that's tomorrow)

Underworld - Underneath The Radar

Vampire Weekend - Cousins

Weezer - Say It Ain't So

YUNGBLUD - Fleabag

Zac Brown Band - Colder Weather

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - jp liz v1 - 02-09-2021

Another tough round

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - cee_jay - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:09 AM)cee_jay Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 11:09 PM)E.N. Wrote: I know all of today's tracks. Got a good idea of what will sheep but it won't be what I'm voting for Tongue
I only know one of today's tracks and it grates on me! It definitely won't be what I am voting for!
Ah the one I dislike is the one that sheeps! 

EN I thought that wooden spoon was going to be mine!

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:02 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Team Travis was the place to be on this one as Sing SHEEPS significantly...

Question 4: Round 4

Travis - Sing - 8
jp liz v1
Kol
Necro
Neowise
nothing
Sawduck
ShaneU
Spears

Prefab Sprout - The King of Rock 'N' Roll - 4
ari101
cee_jay
Irish Aris
Wichita Lineman

ACES - 1:

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place - E.N.
[Image: disgust-you-people-disgust-me.gif]

Tongue

Travis haven't been worth listening to since they stopped warning of the dangers of U16 girls...

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:33 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Ah the one I dislike is the one that sheeps! 

If Travis are sheeping I don't want to be scoring pac

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473xi7ebaqf5utvsk1tm...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 08:41 PM)E.N. Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 08:33 PM)cee_jay Wrote: Ah the one I dislike is the one that sheeps! 

If Travis are sheeping I don't want to be scoring pac

There are some Travis songs I like more than that one, I'm happy to continue with another HEEPS Wink even if this one doesn't come with the same points reward Big Grin

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 02-09-2021

Just playing through them here, on Zac Brown accidentally clicked the subtitles on (english autogen):

"...with your balls to me..." WTAF...(like in some contexts that might be... appropriate but ahhhmmmmm)?
*replays line... "with your ghost again..." well I suppose that is better  Confused pac

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 02-09-2021

there's only one song I know and I happen to like it. 

the rest I'm not interested in at all..

(02-09-2021, 09:57 PM)Spears Wrote: there's only one song I know and I happen to like it. 

the rest I'm not interested in at all..

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47w4agi28gjh0p3s68zi...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Wichita Lineman - 02-09-2021

I only liked one of those but I wont vote for it as it wont sheep. Well at least this sheep doesnt think it will sheep and as I'm trying to follow the other sheep......

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 03-09-2021

And I'm in for another day.
It will be interesting to see what people pick in the semis, I could stop going for songs I like and start trying to SHEEP (though those two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive). I think my very favourite songs are gone, so it will be a fresh and open playing field regardless of what happens today.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 11:52 AM)ari101 Wrote: And I'm in for another day.
It will be interesting to see what people pick in the semis, I could stop going for songs I like and start trying to SHEEP (though those two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive). I think my very favourite songs are gone, so it will be a fresh and open playing field regardless of what happens today.

Well don't get ahead of yourself... We've not finished going through the alphabet yet... Still need to circle back to X for Round 6... 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47pqmssm3f1nlt9zdapd...y.gif&ct=g]

Just @Sawduck and @E.N. left to send in their choices for today... As always you have until 8pm (although may run today's reveal a bit earlier if I've got all the answers in earlier than that)

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Kol - 03-09-2021

I just realised the playlist in the op.

Might have a listen through the next group now since I got in early today.

Schedule Announcement!

I now have all the entries for Round 5 and I'll do the reveal for that now in the next 20 minutes or so and throw up Round 6: The XXXXX Factor

I'm going to take a break for the weekend however, so the deadline for Round 6 will be Monday at 7pm and I'll hopefully do the reveal for that then, and kick off the Semi-Finals from there.

Round 5 saw Vampire Weekend - Cousins left out in the cold as the only song unselected.

Well at least one person claimed to be a fan of Vampire Weekend in their PM, but opted to go for what they perceived to be the obvious SHEEP.

And they weren't the only person to say they were choosing the song they felt more likely to SHEEP over their preferred choice...

Lets see if that pays off for them...

Well it was really a battle of two songs that had been back and forth here as each vote came in and it came down to the wire... For a moment I thought I may have a tie to break, but in the end a winner emerged with only a single point in it...

Question 5: Round 5

YUNGBLUD - Fleabag - 6
ari101
E.N.
Irish Aris
nothing
Spears
Wichita Lineman

Weezer - Say It Ain't So - 5
jp liz v1
Necro
Neowise
Sawduck
ShaneU

ACES - 1:

Zac Brown Band - Colder Weather - cee_jay
Underworld - Underneath The Radar - Kol

YUNGBLUD - Fleabag moves on to Semi-Final 2 joining Travis in the battle for the overall crown

If it had come down to a tie between YUNGBLUD and Weezer, YUNGBLUD would've been the one I picked to progress to the semis - the song was only released about a week ago, but made enough of an impression on me to include it in this game (its the only song of his I've ever listened to, I always thought he was a rapper for some reason, so must check out some more of his stuff). Glad to see it pick up quite a few votes in this round anyway.

Same as always, feel free to discuss the Round 5 songs, but bear in mind that YUNGBLUD will be part of the Semi-Final SHEEP question so maybe avoid statements like "I'm going to pick this every single time" or "It's bound to win the entire game" etc. etc. so as not to influence how people pick their answers later in the game.

A bit of a stumble from Kol sees him drop back to 5th place of a gaggle of opportunists led by ShaneU leapfrog him to the top. Meanwhile, cee_jay is happy to be left holding the spoon at the end of this as she continues to stick to her morals of going for her favourite song each time.

Scores after question 5:

28 - ShaneU
27 - Sawduck
27 - Neowise
27 - Necro
26 - Kol
24 - jp liz v1
24 - ari101
21 - nothing
20 - Spears
16 - Irish Aris
15 - Wichita Lineman
12 - E.N.
10 - cee_jay

Round 6: The XXXXX Factor: Send me a PM with whichever of these songs you want to SHEEP or think will SHEEP by 7pm Monday (taking a weekend break from the game)

X - Burning House Of Love

X Ambassadors - Hey Child

Xavier Rudd - Stoney Creek

X-Ecutioners feat. Mike Shinoda & Mr. Hahn - It's Goin' Down

XYLØ - Get Closer

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - cee_jay - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 02:13 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: Meanwhile, cee_jay is happy to be left holding the spoon at the end of this as she continues to stick to her morals of going for her favourite song each time.
The next round is going to be difficult as NONE of my favourites are through.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 03-09-2021

Pleasantly surprised that yungblud won Smile

It's a good tune. In my PM I described it as My Chemical Romance Lite, but I don't mean that as a bad thing as I like MCR!

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 03-09-2021

Wow, no XX or Xzibit?! Tongue

(03-09-2021, 02:28 PM)E.N. Wrote: Wow, no XX or Xzibit?! Tongue

They were the other two artists I had in mind for this round when I sat down to do up the playlist... I initially thought I would struggle to think of X artists, but in the end I didn't even need to open up google. Was spoiled for choice.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 03-09-2021

I was actually thinking about Pimp my Ride when I saw the X round first... what a throw back Big Grin
I do know some of these but another voyage of discovery.

I'm not vary familiar with Yungblud, I had come across them somewhere (possibly as a featured artist) and liked the track, but not really investigated further. This one was quite a nice upbeat tune, still time yet to see how it compares to what else makes it through.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ShaneU - 03-09-2021

Best X Band  Cool

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 03-09-2021

(03-09-2021, 02:13 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: YUNGBLUD - Fleabag moves on to Semi-Final 2 joining Travis in the battle for the overall crown

If it had come down to a tie between YUNGBLUD and Weezer, YUNGBLUD would've been the one I picked to progress to the semis - the song was only released about a week ago, but made enough of an impression on me to include it in this game (its the only song of his I've ever listened to, I always thought he was a rapper for some reason, so must check out some more of his stuff). Glad to see it pick up quite a few votes in this round anyway.
I really like Yungblud.
he annoyed me when he first came out because he can be very OTT.

but I love him now, he's bonkers and just does his own thing.

I entered his song 'Parents' into one of Necro's walruses before and it done well. it's a great fun song, you should check it out Smile

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 03-09-2021

Ooooooh on a quick flick through the X songs, I really like them all!!!!

Haven't heard any before either. I'm gonna have to put some time into deciding coz i think I'm gonna struggle with this round   Heart

I submitted, but after listening again another one is growing on me more...

(03-09-2021, 09:28 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I submitted, but after listening again another one is growing on me more...

Feel free to change it if you want.

(03-09-2021, 09:30 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 09:28 PM)cee_jay Wrote: I submitted, but after listening again another one is growing on me more...

Feel free to change it if you want.
Thanks, I'll try give them another listen or two tomorrow morning.

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - RSOAPS - 06-09-2021

Reminder for @ari101 and @E.N. that the deadline to submit an answer is 7pm

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - E.N. - 06-09-2021

Not sure I'll get a chance now so don't wait on me.
Wall to wall meetings on top of a hangover, it's not a good day!

Round 6 was the battle of the X's...

Unfortunately X - Burning House Of Love didn't make enough of an impression to receive any votes...

Which meant it came down to the other four...

Time to find out which came out on top...

Another big (relatively speaking) SHEEP here once again...

Question 6: Round 6

X-Ecutioners ft. Mike Shinoda & Mr. Hahn - It's Goin' Down - 7
Irish Aris
jp liz v1
Necro
Neowise
nothing
Sawduck
ShaneU

X Ambassadors - Hey Child - 3
cee_jay
Spears
Wichita Lineman

ACES - 1:

Xavier Rudd - Stoney Creek - Kol
XYLØ - Get Closer - ari101

INVALIDS - 0:

no answer given - E.N.

X-Ecutioners fear. Mike Shinoda and Mr. Hahn - It's Goin' Down will be joining Travis and YUNGBLUD in Semi-Final 2...

I expected a much more level playing field on this one, but the one song racked up the votes early on and it was clear even by Friday night that there was no catching it...

Personally, I was pretty confident X Ambassadors were going to win that one and it would have had my vote anyway.

Feel free to discuss the Round 6 songs, but with the Semi-Finals about to take place, as always avoid declaring your vote and the like...

Once again the Top 4 voted in sync, so no change there, but at the bottom E.N. misses out on getting any points in that round and slips into wooden spoon position as a result.

Scores after question 6:

35 - ShaneU
34 - Sawduck
34 - Neowise
34 - Necro
31 - jp liz v1
28 - nothing
27 - Kol
25 - ari101
23 - Spears
23 - Irish Aris
18 - Wichita Lineman
13 - cee_jay
12 - E.N.

The two Semi-Finals will take place simultaneously, so be sure to send me both your choice for Semi-Final 1 and Semi-Final 2 via PM before 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday)

Semi Final 1

Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending

Good Charlotte - The Anthem

Mike + The Mechanics - Over My Shoulder

Semi Final 2

Travis - Sing

YUNGBLUD - fleabag

X-Ecutioners ft. Mike Shinoda & Mr. Hahn - It's Goin' Down

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - ari101 - 06-09-2021

Voting done, I have no complex spreadsheet of who voted where and how big the sheep was, so gut choices and we'll have to wait and see which of last week's little woolly friends are actually mammoth...?

RE: AlphaSHEEP SURLAW X-travaganza: When Games Collide - Spears - 06-09-2021

Voting in !  Cool