A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
I'm happy because... - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I'm happy because... (/showthread.php?tid=102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 05-12-2021

Booster booked for Thursday Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - Tigger - 05-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 12:00 AM)Necro Wrote: Booster booked for Thursday Big Grin
How Dd you get one soo early ?

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 05-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 12:22 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:00 AM)Necro Wrote: Booster booked for Thursday Big Grin
How Dd you get one soo early ?

Some GPs in less populous areas/outside Dublin seem to have been given supplies that is sufficient for them to offer to younger age groups already.

(05-12-2021, 12:45 AM)ari101 Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:22 AM)Tigger Wrote: How Dd you get one soo early ?

Some GPs in less populous areas/outside Dublin seem to have been given supplies that is sufficient for them to offer to younger age groups already.
I live like 5 miles from Necro but I don't have a gp
I think the last time I went to a doctor was a tetnus booster I got after falling out of a tree and doing myself a mischief in 92

(05-12-2021, 12:55 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:45 AM)ari101 Wrote: Some GPs in less populous areas/outside Dublin seem to have been given supplies that is sufficient for them to offer to younger age groups already.
I live like 5 miles from Necro but I don't have a gp
I think the last time I went to a doctor was a tetnus booster I got after falling out of a tree and doing myself a mischief in 92

Walked into the pharmacy in the hometown and asked for it, they only had two appointments left this week.

I'm due mine anyways as had second dose on 28th May, had been done through GP due to my asthma but a mate went up to check with them later yesterday and they said once he was over the 5 months to just come up and book in so they're doing it for whoever wants it seemingly.
Great to see the uptake flying along around here anyways.

(05-12-2021, 10:18 AM)Necro Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 12:55 AM)Tigger Wrote: I live like 5 miles from Necro but I don't have a gp

Walked into the pharmacy in the hometown and asked for it, they only had two appointments left this week.

I'm due mine anyways as had second dose on 28th May, had been done through GP due to my asthma but a mate went up to check with them later yesterday and they said once he was over the 5 months to just come up and book in so they're doing it for whoever wants it seemingly.
whats your local pharmacy called is it the one beside super value?

anyone who has had the booster

my covid cert simply lists the date of my second dose and what it was

this suggests they knew we would need boosters and that the date would run out like a drivers lisence

are you able to updte your cert
you probably re able or is it auto re issued?

(05-12-2021, 10:59 AM)Tigger Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 10:18 AM)Necro Wrote: Walked into the pharmacy in the hometown and asked for it, they only had two appointments left this week.

whats your local pharmacy called is it the one beside super value?

Currids, yeah that's the one beside SuperValu

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 08-12-2021

I'm getting my booster on Tuesday! And my current assignment got a 2 day extension! And it's curry chips at lunch tomorrow!

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 09-12-2021

(08-12-2021, 11:49 PM)nothing Wrote: I'm getting my booster on Tuesday! And my current assignment got a 2 day extension! And it's curry chips at lunch tomorrow!

Dammit now I have to have curry chips for lunch too... my cast mates will thank you after the dress rehearsal  Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 11-12-2021

My bestie 'popped out' a baby boy last night Heart Big Grin (their second, number 1 is my godson who will now has to wrap his 2.5 year old mind around how the quiet unobtrusive bump that was understood to be baby, turns into a separate wriggling crying pooping feeding machine he has to share Mommy with... Angel)

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 11-12-2021

Tesco delivered early! Woo!

RE: I'm happy because... - Declan A Walsh - 13-12-2021

I'm happy because....

I got the booster vaccine in a pharmacy last Thursday, the same day that some walk-in vaccination centres could not cope when they were opened for the first time to the 50-59 cohort!

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 13-12-2021

After 5 sell out shows, 4 standing ovations and a very very long night at the after party, I'm finally back in the realms of reality, or as much as I can be Big Grin

My bones ache, I've no voice and no idea how I'm going to answer a phone tomorrow but it was all worth it, the response to our show was phenomenal, perhaps because we are the only one in Sligo this year but perhaps people just needed a release, all the feedback I've heard has been positive... Which makes a change as often you hear the more negative comments first these days.

Not sure whether it will come to fruition but there was some mention of perhaps more dates being released in January, possibly in the same location or potentially in Sligo town itself...

Not really thinking about that now but just delighted with the reception and getting it over the line. Suddenly taking Tuesday off seems like it may have been the smart idea pac

RE: I'm happy because... - aaronjennings - 14-12-2021

Encore! Encore! Encore!

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 14-12-2021

Good work @Necro, great to hear it went well Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 14-12-2021

That's brilliant @Necro . Glad it went so well!

RE: I'm happy because... - Zaph - 14-12-2021

(13-12-2021, 11:53 PM)Necro Wrote: After 5 sell out shows, 4 standing ovations

What was wrong with the curmudgeons at the other show?

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 14-12-2021

(14-12-2021, 12:41 AM)Zaph Wrote:
(13-12-2021, 11:53 PM)Necro Wrote: After 5 sell out shows, 4 standing ovations

What was wrong with the curmudgeons at the other show?

I'm not sure, tbh. Perhaps partly because it was a matinee and there were a lot of kids but the audience just didn't budge when we went out for the bows!

RE: I'm happy because... - cee_jay - 16-12-2021

I got boosted today!
My doctor's surgery sent a link to book an appointment yesterday - all appointments were gone in less than 5 mins. Seems I was very lucky to have my phone in my hand at the time.
I was there anyway this morning for bloods, and they offered the flu vaccine at the same time as the booster too.

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 16-12-2021

My new t-shirts arrived this morning and I took the whole day off from college!

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 16-12-2021

I had the afternoon off work today, and I needed it!

My daughter's montessori were singing songs outside the local hse day centre. It was terrible, they're only three after all, but I loved it Big Grin

Then had a wander down to the site of the new house and they've made a start on the road, feels like they're getting to the last few things, hopefully

Then went for coffee and cake in Maynooth with my wife and the wee man. Looking forward to moving there now, and feeling more optimistic that it'll happen soon-ish

Going to start work again after the Liverpool match though, that'll ruin my good mood Tongue

Maynooth is a lovely town to live in (as long as you're not next door to students lol}

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 16-12-2021

(16-12-2021, 10:18 PM)nothing Wrote: Maynooth is a lovely town to live in (as long as you're not next door to students lol}
Ha ha, hopefully not! It's a new build estate of 4 and 5 bedroom houses so I don't think it'll be studenty, unless they're very posh students!

Not like when I was at uni, 27 blokes in a 17 bedroom house. The rent was £75 a month Tongue
(I realise that makes me sound really old, but in fact it was insanely cheap even at the time. They condemned the building soon after though, it was falling apart around us)

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 16-12-2021

(16-12-2021, 11:01 PM)E.N. Wrote: Not like when I was at uni, 27 blokes in a 17 bedroom house. The rent was £75 a month Tongue

I hope there were some en suites, I fear asking but how many blokes to a bathroom? Confused pac

(16-12-2021, 11:14 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 11:01 PM)E.N. Wrote: Not like when I was at uni, 27 blokes in a 17 bedroom house. The rent was £75 a month Tongue

I hope there were some en suites, I fear asking but how many blokes to a bathroom? Confused pac

I shared in digs, then shared with 6 others in a 3 bed with living room converted to bedroom, then lived in a 5 bed with 5 others with a converted garage. Think the last one was 320 each a month, which was pricey when we moved in to begin with but when I left a few years later was on the cheaper end.

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 17-12-2021

(16-12-2021, 11:14 PM)ari101 Wrote:

No ensuites. There were only two showers in the house. I think there were four toilets... but the one on our floor didn't have any floorboards so you only used that if you were desperate!

I think it's what they call "character building" Tongue
As ridiculous as it sounds, I absolutely loved it. It was my first time away from home, out every night, got on really well with most of the lads I was sharing with, it was great

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 17-12-2021

That's mad pac but lads are generally hardier when it comes to lack of decent facilities.

RE: I'm happy because... - Barna77 - 17-12-2021

On holidays!

RE: I'm happy because... - Sephiroth_Dude - 17-12-2021

(17-12-2021, 12:38 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 11:14 PM)ari101 Wrote: I hope there were some en suites, I fear asking but how many blokes to a bathroom? Confused pac
No ensuites. There were only two showers in the house. I think there were four toilets... but the one on our floor didn't have any floorboards so you only used that if you were desperate!

I think it's what they call "character building" Tongue
As ridiculous as it sounds, I absolutely loved it. It was my first time away from home, out every night, got on really well with most of the lads I was sharing with, it was great

(17-12-2021, 09:32 AM)ari101 Wrote: That's mad pac but lads are generally hardier when it comes to lack of decent facilities.

Live footage of what EN and the 27 other lads would get up to once a week 

[Image: awloUg.gif]

Looks fun  Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - lorcand1990 - 17-12-2021

(16-12-2021, 10:18 PM)nothing Wrote: Maynooth is a lovely town to live in (as long as you're not next door to students lol}
I was a student in maynooth not too long ago.. and I 100% agree with your statement!

RE: I'm happy because... - DejaBoo - 18-12-2021

(21-08-2021, 12:05 PM)BuileBeag Wrote: ...Why are you happy today?

... because Mam of 4 is so very kind.

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 18-12-2021

I was up working until 3am and my daughter was up at 5, so I'm wrecked but...

...I'm on my Christmas holidays! Two weeks off Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - Spears - 19-12-2021

Happy because I finished Santa duties today  Smile

I do need to change one thing tomorrow because it's the wrong size, and I've a bit of a busy day ahead, but the main job is done so I can wrap everything probably Monday morning. 
Then I can sit back, chill and enjoy that IT'S CHRISTMASSSS  Cool

RE: I'm happy because... - lorcand1990 - 20-12-2021

Myself and the wife are celebrating the birth of our first child.. a boy who arrived at 12.35 am this morning  Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - BuileBeag - 20-12-2021

(20-12-2021, 02:24 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Myself and the wife are celebrating the birth of our first child.. a boy who arrived at 12.35 am this morning  Smile

Ah that's fantastic! Congratulations lorcand and Mrs lorcand! Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 20-12-2021

Oh congrats @lorcand1990, I hope mother and baby are both well.

You'll all be settled at home in time for the big day.

RE: I'm happy because... - quickbeam - 20-12-2021

Congrats @lorcand1990 and Mrs Locrand, and mini-Lorcand.

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 20-12-2021

(20-12-2021, 02:24 PM)lorcand1990 Wrote: Myself and the wife are celebrating the birth of our first child.. a boy who arrived at 12.35 am this morning  Smile

Congrats! Now the fun really starts Big Grin enjoy every min of the baby years, cause when they start to walk and talk.. you're fecked! pac

RE: I'm happy because... - lorcand1990 - 20-12-2021

(20-12-2021, 02:38 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Oh congrats @lorcand1990, I hope mother and baby are both well.

You'll all be settled at home in time for the big day.
All good thanks leggy.. had to get a c section (not emergency but was necessary) so will be out just before Christmas!