A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
I'm happy because... - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: I'm happy because... (/showthread.php?tid=102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: I'm happy because... - lorcand1990 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:51 AM)E.N. Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 03:06 AM)Necro Wrote: Supposedly it's only a local anesthetic and I'll be out the same day though. No sport for 4 weeks or long haul flying for 8 weeks after .. I do neither of those regularly so I should be fine👀
A friend* told me it was grand. Sore for a week or so, but not too bad. Worst thing about local anaesthetic is if they try to make conversation while, you know...
And seeing/smelling the smoke rising from down there was a shock to the system 😬

*what?

[Image: tenor.gif]
This is NOT my definition of 'grand'  Tongue

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 10-04-2022

Fair play lads, it's a lot more invasive for women to have tubal ligation.

Barbecued balls doesn't sound very appealing though. 🤢

RE: I'm happy because... - Spears - 10-04-2022

Congrats on the new arrival @Necro and @Necrina  Heart

A little team of all boys running around sounds so cute   Shy

RE: I'm happy because... - jp liz v1 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 02:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Fair play lads, it's a lot more invasive for women to have tubal ligation.

Fair play to you @Necro  you have some balls to do that  Wink

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 02:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Fair play lads, it's a lot more invasive for women to have tubal ligation.

Yeah way more invasive and a longer recovery period from my reading of it. If they can seal me up through day surgery it's definitely the preferred option for me anyways.

I'm more nervous about the sperm sample post op though, I might get stage fright  pac pac pac

RE: I'm happy because... - Declan A Walsh - 10-04-2022

I'm happy because we managed to get away yesterday for a night to Spiddal, taking in Galway city and a beach near Bearna en route, and the weather was great.

RE: I'm happy because... - Kol - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 06:46 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I'm happy because we managed to get away yesterday for a night to Spiddal, taking in Galway city and a beach near Bearna en route, and the weather was great.
Lovely part of the country although its like a foriegn country with everyone speaking Irish (my Irish is terrible)

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 10-04-2022

I'm happy because the conversation has steered away from Necros Balls!

RE: I'm happy because... - Trigger - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:14 PM)Kol Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 06:46 PM)Declan A Walsh Wrote: I'm happy because we managed to get away yesterday for a night to Spiddal, taking in Galway city and a beach near Bearna en route, and the weather was great.
Lovely part of the country although its like a foriegn country with everyone speaking Irish (my Irish is terrible)

I went to a mainstream school and couldn't lipreading Irish so didn't do it, I'd be lost in the Gaelteach, my 4 year old has more Irish than I do.. 😆

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:31 PM)Trigger Wrote: I'm happy because the conversation has steered away from Necros Balls!

[Image: aaDuch2.gif]

RE: I'm happy because... - jp liz v1 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 05:52 PM)Necro Wrote:

Yeah way more invasive and a longer recovery period from my reading of it. If they can seal me up through day surgery it's definitely the preferred option for me anyways.

I'm more nervous about the sperm sample post op though, I might get stage fright  pac pac pac

[Image: th?id=OIP._CQlOaR1jK2jvtl3TNuSVgHaEK&pid...=298&h=167]

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 10-04-2022

That's definitely one for the happy thread @Tigger!

RE: I'm happy because... - Tigger - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 10:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: That's definitely one for the happy thread @Tigger!
Sorry I'll delete it,.I'm a very open person outside work I should probably work on that.

RE: I'm happy because... - Tigger - 10-04-2022

(30-03-2022, 02:34 PM)nothing Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 02:23 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: I'm delighted to see this.
https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/0330/1289320-fur-farming/

I didn't realise this was still going on!

(30-03-2022, 05:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 05:33 PM)Necro Wrote: The problem with the banning of fur farming is that the mink still in captivity are likely going to be all euthanized now Sad
They are, but they have a miserable existence. At least it will end here. Who still wears fur anyway apart from musty old ladies?

(30-03-2022, 07:53 PM)Butty Brennan Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 05:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: They are, but they have a miserable existence. At least it will end here. Who still wears fur anyway apart from musty old ladies?
Fur trade's not only cruel it's dangerous too. Remember how they had to destroy millions of mink in fur farms across Europe because they were creating a mutant form of covid and passing it on to workers.
Then they started giving off dangerous gases from the mass-graves so they had to be dug up again and burned.

(30-03-2022, 10:40 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Jesus Butty, that's horrific.

(31-03-2022, 12:32 PM)Neowise Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 05:47 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: They are, but they have a miserable existence. At least it will end here. Who still wears fur anyway apart from musty old ladies?

They are used in expensive paint brushes, so they don't have to be worn.

(31-03-2022, 12:52 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote:
(31-03-2022, 12:32 PM)Neowise Wrote: They are used in expensive paint brushes, so they don't have to be worn.
Makeup brushes too I think, although there is a conscious push towards synthetic now.
Just to be open, I don't see how this sort of thing belongs in the time of a happy thread anymore than warning someone that sometimes shit happens 

But I'm aware that my understanding of social context is low so there is that .

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 10-04-2022

The initial post was someone happy that the practice was being banned

RE: I'm happy because... - Leg End Reject - 11-04-2022

@Tigger, apologies my post was tongue in cheek, not a criticism. Every procedure has risks, but we were all just gently ribbing Necro (while acknowledging him stepping up, and Nitter's "friend' too 😉).

@nothing is correct, my first post was because I was happy fur farming is ending here. I really think it is barbaric.

RE: I'm happy because... - Declan A Walsh - 11-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 07:14 PM)Kol Wrote:

(10-04-2022, 07:33 PM)Trigger Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 07:14 PM)Kol Wrote: Lovely part of the country although its like a foriegn country with everyone speaking Irish (my Irish is terrible)

I went to a mainstream school and couldn't lipreading Irish so didn't do it, I'd be lost in the Gaelteach, my 4 year old has more Irish than I do.. 😆

The thing is we were only there for one night and we spent the afternoon in Galway city. We were not around long enough to meet many locals, and it is off-season. The owner of the B and B was speaking english. We went for dinner that evening at a gastropub in Bearna and many of the staff were not Irish at all.

RE: I'm happy because... - Tigger - 13-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 12:33 AM)Leg End Reject Wrote: @Tigger, apologies my post was tongue in cheek, not a criticism. Every procedure has risks, but we were all just gently ribbing Necro (while acknowledging him stepping up, and Nitter's "friend' too 😉).

@nothing is correct, my first post was because I was happy fur farming is ending here. I really think it is barbaric.
My mate baz is basically in chronic testicular pain due to the op and 
Its 1 in 50 roll the dice but basically the guys in pain are not telling people how bad it is.
Every procedure has risks but 1:50 is high 
Tgabks for the apology I'm probably in teh wring but I'd rather tell someone than not

The first post about the snip was about a new son which is an awesome thing but the natural progression was to my mind to drop my knowledge.

I shoulda probably just pmd the man or called round to his house 🏘️

Necro only lives ten minutes away 🤯🤯🤯🤯

RE: I'm happy because... - jp liz v1 - 15-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 03:07 PM)Spears Wrote: Congrats on the new arrival @Necro and @Necrina  Heart

A little team of all boys running around sounds so cute   Shy

Any name yet @Necro  @Necrina

RE: I'm happy because... - ari101 - 17-04-2022

G'wan Lowry 😁 (don't think we have a thread for that 😉🤣)

RE: I'm happy because... - aaronjennings - 29-04-2022

IHB...

It was my mother's birthday today, and we had our first proper family birthday dinner in over two years Smile

RE: I'm happy because... - Butty Brennan - 30-04-2022

I'm laughing at this weird gif. I don't know why I find it so funny but I do.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...f=1&nofb=1]

RE: I'm happy because... - nothing - 11-05-2022

Seeing a friend for a fun hang out day soon (3 years now since we last did), and booked a few nights in a b&b for mid August to see other friends (also 3 years), and going to visit family for a few days beforehand (2.75 years only for them!). Its nice to have something to look forward to.

RE: I'm happy because... - Irish Aris - 11-05-2022

My best friend just reopened his table tennis club and we are back to training.
I also decided to start studying German, after a 15 year gap. Had my first class on Monday and it was fantastic.
And one of my best friends will visit from Greece and we will see Duran Duran together!!

Life at the moment is so great!!!

RE: I'm happy because... - jp liz v1 - 11-05-2022

(11-05-2022, 01:28 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: My best friend just reopened his table tennis club and we are back to training.
I also decided to start studying German, after a 15 year gap. Had my first class on Monday and it was fantastic.
And one of my best friends will visit from Greece and we will see Duran Duran together!!

Life at the moment is so great!!!

Guten Tag

RE: I'm happy because... - E.N. - 11-05-2022

(11-05-2022, 01:28 PM)Irish Aris Wrote: Life at the moment is so great!!!

Show off 😋

I've just booked my first trip back to Bristol since pre-pandemic 😀
We were trying to arrange a trip to Liverpool to watch the Champions League final but it was too expensive, so I'm going to my mates instead (they all still live in Bristol). Means I get to catch up with loads more people, which is an added bonus

Enjoy All

If I get a staycation even to Kerry I will be happy

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 11-05-2022

I've 6 weeks left until my shorter working year kicks in and I'm off for 6 weeks. Already have a week in Trabolgan booked which will be awesome cos two of my sisters and their partners are coming for some of it too so it will be a mini reunion on much better terms than the one at Christmas.

Tinged with sadness too cos we had originally booked it with Dad coming for the full week instead of just a weekend too as he was under strict orders to take a holiday for once. But we'll make the most of it for him Smile

(11-05-2022, 05:04 PM)Necro Wrote: I've 6 weeks left until my shorter working year kicks in and I'm off for 6 weeks. Already have a week in Trabolgan booked which will be awesome cos two of my sisters and their partners are coming for some of it too so it will be a mini reunion on much better terms than the one at Christmas.

Tinged with sadness too cos we had originally booked it with Dad coming for the full week instead of just a weekend too as he was under strict orders to take a holiday for once. But we'll make the most of it for him Smile

He will be with ye in spirit and in your hearts, have a great time

RE: I'm happy because... - Diamonds of Frost - 22-05-2022

Neo and I are off to Berlin in a few weeks. HUZZAH!! Am very extremely excite. I haven't been on a plane in 10 years! Work wife nearly fell off her chair when I told this Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - Declan A Walsh - 22-05-2022

I got a nice hillwalk in today starting from Crone Wood.

RE: I'm happy because... - jp liz v1 - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 04:15 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Neo and I are off to Berlin in a few weeks. HUZZAH!! Am very extremely excite. I haven't been on a plane in 10 years! Work wife nearly fell off her chair when I told this Big Grin

Enjoy @Neowise  and  @Diamonds of Frost

RE: I'm happy because... - dawg - 22-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 04:15 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: Neo and I are off to Berlin in a few weeks. HUZZAH!! Am very extremely excite. I haven't been on a plane in 10 years! Work wife nearly fell off her chair when I told this Big Grin

10 years you say

Ch-ch-ch-cheeekkk .......................... is your passport in date ?

Expect lots of people to wish you a "gute fahrt"   Dodgy

RE: I'm happy because... - Neowise - 23-05-2022

(22-05-2022, 11:18 PM)dawg Wrote:

10 years you say

Ch-ch-ch-cheeekkk .......................... is your passport in date ?

Expect lots of people to wish you a "gute fahrt"   Dodgy

brand new passport, after so much effort. 2 years in the making seems like an exageration, it may be, but it seems like that long in trying and eventually getting passport for diamonds.
mine ran out, and new one arrived days after applying online for new one, which did not impress frosty any.

RE: I'm happy because... - Necro - 23-05-2022

Busy month myself coming up in June.

Have the little fellas christening, a mates stag and then a week in Trabolgan all set for June/July.

Looking forward to it!

RE: I'm happy because... - dawg - 23-05-2022

(23-05-2022, 01:07 AM)Neowise Wrote: brand new passport, after so much effort. 2 years in the making seems like an exageration, it may be, but it seems like that long in trying and eventually getting passport for diamonds.
mine ran out, and new one arrived days after applying online for new one, which did not impress frosty any.

I guess some applications get more background checks than others   Tongue   Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - Diamonds of Frost - 24-05-2022

(23-05-2022, 10:29 AM)dawg Wrote:
(23-05-2022, 01:07 AM)Neowise Wrote: brand new passport, after so much effort. 2 years in the making seems like an exageration, it may be, but it seems like that long in trying and eventually getting passport for diamonds.

I guess some applications get more background checks than others   Tongue   Big Grin
What a cheeky woof you are  Big Grin

RE: I'm happy because... - dawg - 31-05-2022

(24-05-2022, 09:19 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: What a cheeky woof you are  Big Grin

News ( via a Ukranian - so dont know how accurate ) that might be of use for your adventure in Deutschland

https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/9610

RE: I'm happy because... - Neowise - 31-05-2022

(31-05-2022, 02:19 PM)dawg Wrote:
(24-05-2022, 09:19 AM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: What a cheeky woof you are  Big Grin

News ( via a Ukranian - so dont know how accurate ) that might be of use for your adventure in Deutschland

https://t.me/ukrainenowenglish/9610

Even though we are only going for a few days, we'll be getting one of them each for the freedom it provides.

airport transfers, metro for sightseeing etc.

WOW.. tyvm for alerting us to this dawg!

https://www.bahn.com/en/offers/regional/9-euro-ticket-en
https://www.european-traveler.com/germany/save-with-9-euro-tickets-on-train-and-bus-travel-in-germany-in-summer-2022/

RE: I'm happy because... - Spears - 06-06-2022

IHB- I'm starting a new job tomorrow Cool

After having a rough couple of months in the last job. Was getting fed up going in every day so decided to move on before I exploded, or end up hospitalised . 

New place has a higher wage & is closer to home. It's similar enough work but seems like it might be a little less demanding.

Everyone I met in the office seemed to be really friendly and laid-back so I've been really looking forward to starting.

Fingers crossed!