A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - KathleenGrant - 22-02-2022

I am so excited. I bought my son and daughter-in-law a hotel voucher for Christmas and they are going for 3 days today so I get to mind my grandchildren. My daughter-in-law said to one of my daughters Sunday "bet Kathleen is sorry she gave us the voucher now" Does she not cop that this was my plan all along???

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 22-02-2022

Enjoy @KathleenGrant!
How much sugary stuff do you have in the house? Tongue

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-02-2022

Couldn't figure out why I was so tired until I synced my fitbit. That was not enough sleep. So back to bed I go, and hopefully I'll be rested enough to function later

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - KathleenGrant - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 10:15 AM)E.N. Wrote: Enjoy @KathleenGrant!
Hey! I am not a Newbie at this. I raised seven of my own and so far none of them are in jail so I see that as success.................My daughter-in-law is a little strict on the treats side but I have a rule that whatever the parents do I follow as I don't want anything to be a battleground between me and in-laws. Anyways....all the more sugar for me if I don't have to share.

(22-02-2022, 10:21 AM)nothing Wrote: Couldn't figure out why I was so tired until I synced my fitbit. That was not enough sleep. So back to bed I go, and hopefully I'll be rested enough to function later
Great that you can get back to bed. Nothing worse than that feeling that you can't move for tiredness but you still have to keep going.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 10:25 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 10:21 AM)nothing Wrote: Couldn't figure out why I was so tired until I synced my fitbit. That was not enough sleep. So back to bed I go, and hopefully I'll be rested enough to function later
Great that you can get back to bed. Nothing worse than that feeling that you can't move for tiredness but you still have to keep going.

Totally agree! Thankfully it's midterm, so napping is practically mandatory

(22-02-2022, 10:28 AM)nothing Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 10:25 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote: Great that you can get back to bed. Nothing worse than that feeling that you can't move for tiredness but you still have to keep going.

Totally agree! Thankfully it's midterm, so napping is practically mandatory
Ah a teacher? No wonder you are tired. Midterm is a week later this year, no? I only know that because I got handmade (at school) Valentine's Day gifts this year for the first time in a long time.

Student on a plc course, we follow the local secondary school schedule. I had a couple weeks off with tonsillitis, was back a week, now off. Just have so much to do, so of course I'm going to hide under my duvet with some youtube videos pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 10:22 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote: My daughter-in-law is a little strict on the treats side but I have a rule that whatever the parents do I follow as I don't want anything to be a battleground between me and in-laws
Sorry, wasn't implying you were a newbie, just I thought grandparent sugar overload was almost mandatory!

Fair play to you, I wish my inlaws had that rule šŸ™ˆ

@E.N.
I have that rule because it was an issue for me rearing my own children. My mother-in-law wasn't as bad as my own mother but they both had that thing that they treated anything I said as "nonsense" or being a cause to roll their eyes. "I did the opposite to that and my children were fine" was something I heard a lot. It caused me major issues for the first few years of parenting until I just decided to agree with them and did what I wanted anyway rather than cause a row. I would imagine your in-laws see your partner's children as almost being an extension of their parenting. I know my mother would have been much more interfering with her daughters' children than her sons'.

My grandchildren are not my children so I need to respect the decisions my children are making as parents. If I am asked for advice I give it but otherwise I stay quiet or just ask things like "have you tried x" and they can try that or not. I don't judge. After all who says I was always right? I never even claim that. I find it is working for us all as I know I am the preferred babysitter as they trust me to not undermine their rules or cause the children ever to say things like "Granny said that was ok so why can't I?" something I heard many times myself as a parent.

Anyways, smallies are coming in less than an hour so yaaaaaaay!

(22-02-2022, 10:47 AM)nothing Wrote: Student on a plc course, we follow the local secondary school schedule. I had a couple weeks off with tonsillitis, was back a week, now off. Just have so much to do, so of course I'm going to hide under my duvet with some youtube videos pac
Oops sorry, I have a tendency to think everyone is the same age as me around here. Big Grin Tonsillitis is a killer. I suffered for years with it. (Last dose at 27)Ā Take care of yourself. Let me know if I can help with assignment stuff.

(22-02-2022, 11:53 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote: I find it is working for us all as I know I am the preferred babysitter as they trust me to not undermine their rules or cause the children ever to say things like "Granny said that was ok so why can't I?" something I heard many times myself as a parent
Sounds like you've got it nailed Smile

Have fun! Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 11:57 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 10:47 AM)nothing Wrote: Student on a plc course, we follow the local secondary school schedule. I had a couple weeks off with tonsillitis, was back a week, now off. Just have so much to do, so of course I'm going to hide under my duvet with some youtube videos pac
Oops sorry, I have a tendency to think everyone is the same age as me around here. Big Grin Tonsillitis is a killer. I suffered for years with it. (Last dose at 27)Ā Take care of yourself. Let me know if I can help with assignment stuff.
Hallo KathleenĀ  Smile

(22-02-2022, 11:57 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote:

Haha no worries, I think we all do that! I'm late 30s, get tonsillitis once every few years, absolute pain, apparently I have big tonsils so I guess that doesn't helpĀ 
Have fun with the grandkids, you seem to have an excellent approach to grandparenting!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 11:57 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote: Oops sorry, I have a tendency to think everyone is the same age as me around here. ....

I'll vote for that Tongue

Whose turn is it to buy cake to celebrate the palindromic date ?

22-02-2002

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 02:17 PM)dawg Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 11:57 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote: Oops sorry, I have a tendency to think everyone is the same age as me around here. ....

I'll vote for that Tongue

Whose turn is it to buy cake to celebrate the palindromic date ?

22-02-2002
I have pavlova in the fridge if that's any use to youĀ  TongueĀ  Ā In other news I'm finding it irrationally difficult to see my new age on the front of birthday cards! I have never before felt such a disconnect between myself and the age I am. I remember when I turned 30, it was during a very difficult time, but the age itself was grand. No big deal at all. I can't get on board with it being 'just a number' because it isn't. Send help šŸ˜¬šŸ˜†

@Diamonds of Frost
It gets better I think. I found turning 25 to be a shock to the system cos it was "fuck I'm a real grown up" moment. (Hilarious that owning my own house and having 3 kids by 24 hadn't already done that for me.) 30, 40, 50 were all grand. Becoming a grandmother didn't even faze me. But 60......eek!....I am wondering is it time to stop watching cartoons and flirting with lads. Hang up the auld ridin' boots once and for all and take up bingo and knitting.

(22-02-2022, 02:47 PM)KathleenGrant Wrote: @Diamonds of Frost
It gets better I think. I found turning 25 to be a shock to the system cos it was "fuck I'm a real grown up" moment. (Hilarious that owning my own house and having 3 kids by 24 hadn't already done that for me.) 30, 40, 50 were all grand. Becoming a grandmother didn't even faze me. But 60......eek!....I am wondering is it time to stop watching cartoons and flirting with lads. Hang up the auld ridin' boots once and for all and take up bingo and knitting.
Certain ages can bring up and create all sorts of feelings for different people. I can't offer you any comfort about turning 60 Kathleen because I'd be a hypocrite then, it's another big milestone. Something I do try and focus on (Hasn't quite landed emotionally yet though) is that it's a privilege to be alive and get old.Ā 

As for no cartoons and flirting... it is absolutely not time for you to hang up them boots! And you can do all that AND bingo and knittingĀ  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 01:52 PM)nothing Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 11:57 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote: Oops sorry, I have a tendency to think everyone is the same age as me around here. Big Grin Tonsillitis is a killer. I suffered for years with it. (Last dose at 27)Ā Take care of yourself. Let me know if I can help with assignment stuff.

Haha no worries, I think we all do that! I'm late 30s, get tonsillitis once every few years, absolute pain, apparently I have big tonsils so I guess that doesn't helpĀ 
Have fun with the grandkids, you seem to have an excellent approach to grandparenting!

Can I motion to have this stage of life referred to as mid-to-late 30s please, I feel older reading late 30s šŸ¤£

For me, it was 27 and 37 that gave me the "holy fuck" feeling

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 22-02-2022

Haven't had that feeling yet at 35 but I'm still a big feckin kid anyways pac

Wife had a scan today and we are all set for a March 31st due date, they're planning to induce that day if baby hasn't arrived by then.... already reckon he's about 6 poundsĀ  Confused

Given our last two were 8 and 9 pounds respectively I'm not surprised... poor Necrina thoughĀ  Angel

(22-02-2022, 04:07 PM)nothing Wrote: For me, it was 27 and 37 that gave me the "holy fuck" feeling
29 and 39 for me - drove myself mental thinking "shit, I'm nearly 30/40". The you turn 30/40 and realise nothing's really changed. Life doesn't change in steps (well, it does sometimes, but rarely on your birthday!)

(22-02-2022, 04:36 PM)Necro Wrote: Wife had a scan today and we are all set for a March 31st due date, they're planning to induce that day if baby hasn't arrived by then.... already reckon he's about 6 poundsĀ  Confused

Given our last two were 8 and 9 pounds respectively I'm not surprised... poor Necrina thoughĀ  Angel
Great news!
They are some big babies, but healthy is the main thing Smile

You'll have your hands full with three Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 22-02-2022

My age has never bothered me, but Toto said I got a bit more touchy when I hit 50.Ā  I'm 54 now and fine with it, but presumably it's something she can look forward to again in another 6 years.Ā  Big Grin

My Vejas arrived and they are too small. Le sigh. I HATE returning stuff I bought online and it takes an age to get refunded.

Finally managed to get in a couple of hours of tedious pointilism by sitting at the harbour with my friend who was knitting. Technical, realistic, detailed drawing is something that I have real trouble with, both the act of it and the thought of it. But I really need to get caught up, and this is one I have to stop avoiding, I've already pushed another assignment to the end of the year, which will likely take up my easter break

(22-02-2022, 06:52 PM)DiamondsĀ ofĀ Frost Wrote: My Vejas arrived and they are too small. Le sigh. I HATE returning stuff I bought online and it takes an age to get refunded.

Ah crap, I hate that too, some companies make it so horrible to do. The only ones I found decent were Nike, had my refund the day after I sent them back!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 04:07 PM)nothing Wrote: For me, it was 27 and 37 that gave me the "holy fuck" feeling

I'm admitting to nothing šŸ˜‰ (I might be one of these ages šŸ˜‚) My brother turnedĀ 40 not so long ago and I was thinking feck šŸ˜® that's not far away - I've not really been bother by the numbers up to now!

(22-02-2022, 04:36 PM)Necro Wrote: Haven't had that feeling yet at 35 but I'm still a big feckin kid anyways pac

Wife had a scan today and we are all set for a March 31st due date, they're planning to induce that day if baby hasn't arrived by then.... already reckon he's about 6 poundsĀ  Confused

What great news. Be a total Necro thing if it arrived 1 day late, yeah?Ā  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 06:52 PM)DiamondsĀ ofĀ Frost Wrote: My Vejas arrived and they are too small. Le sigh. I HATE returning stuff I bought online and it takes an age to get refunded.
I bought blusher online, and it arrived today completely smashed to bits. The site said it was non refundable, so contacted their help who were excellent. Sent the picture, and they said don't return it, we will give you a refund or a replacement. They sorted the replacement there and then, and an hour later I got an email to say it was out of stock and I would get a refund.

I'm back in the office 2 days a week now, so have starting wearing makeup again. Except all my makeup is now completely out of date and old, so I'm trying to replace it all. I might have to buy powder stuff in person in future.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Sephiroth_Dude - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 10:22 AM)KathleenGrant Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 10:15 AM)E.N. Wrote: Enjoy @KathleenGrant!
Hey! I am not a Newbie at this. I raised seven of my own and so far none of them are in jail so I see that as success.................My daughter-in-law is a little strict on the treats side but I have a rule that whatever the parents do I follow as I don't want anything to be a battleground between me and in-laws. Anyways....all the more sugar forĀ Ā US ANDĀ Ā I WILL SHARE WITH YOU GUYS AS WELL OF COURSEĀ .

Fixed that for a Kathleen, must have been a typo on your end Tongue .

oh andĀ 

[Image: welcome-greeting.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Spears - 22-02-2022

I bought a pair of 'white' Veja's before with the black label.
Was waiting ages for them to be back in stock in that particular style.

When they arrived the sole was cream colour, definitly not white. Manky looking things.

A lot of Veja's have that cream sole and I don't like them, but the ones I wanted looked to be all white.

sent straight back with a disgusted note to say they were cream not white and shouldn't be advertised as white.Ā 

Was so disappointed in those shoes.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 22-02-2022

Is it a sign that I'm getting old that I had to look up Vejas to see what they are?

(22-02-2022, 11:02 PM)Zaph Wrote: Is it a sign that I'm getting old that I had to look up Vejas to see what they are?

That makes 2 of us!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 23-02-2022

That makes three of us...

And as it happens, I turn yet another year older today šŸ™‚

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 12:37 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: That makes three of us...

Happy birthday, fellow Whovian!Ā 

Ā [Image: tenor.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - KathleenGrant - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 12:37 PM)aaronjennings Wrote: That makes three of us...

A very happy birthday aaron. Any exciting plans for the day?

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - E.N. - 23-02-2022

Just for you @aaronjennings Tongue

(though it's epic enough for everyone to enjoy!)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least know what to do - Kol - 23-02-2022

[Image: happy-birthday-aaron-birthday-aaron.gif]

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - aaronjennings - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 12:49 PM)KathleenGrant Wrote: A very happy birthday aaron. Any exciting plans for the day?

Nothing too crazy. Going to walk around the city later on to treat myself, go to the cinema with some friends to watch Uncharted, and then grab a bite to eat on the way home Smile

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 23-02-2022

Happy birthday, Aaron! šŸ„³šŸŽ‚šŸæ