A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: The Crooked Barstool (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Chats (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 09-10-2021

Sugar sandwiches are a blast from the past! I can't even imagine chewing on the granules now. Sick

It all seems very Angela's Ashes now. Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 12:18 PM)Necro Wrote: He does..ish. He sips it and then asks for apple juice pac
At least he doesn't ask for coke  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 12:23 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Sugar sandwiches are a blast from the past! I can't even imagine chewing on the granules now. Sick

And walking to school in our bare feet while we are wrapped in plastic bags and cabbage leaves  Big Grin

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 12:55 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 12:23 PM)Leg End Reject Wrote: Sugar sandwiches are a blast from the past! I can't even imagine chewing on the granules now. Sick

And walking to school in our bare feet while we are wrapped in plastic bags and cabbage leaves  Big Grin
Uphill both ways, and the rain was wetter then too. pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Zaph - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 12:55 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:

You had cabbage leaves?  Well la-di-da.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 09-10-2021

Donno 'bout that

A few years ago the day job had me in a pharma plant on the south coast.  Mid afternoon in the canteen there was tea and 'sugar on just made brown soda bread' open sandwiches  Big Grin (  free and without charge to boot ! )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 09-10-2021

I haven't had sugar sandwiches in over forty years , @dawg did you try the fancy open brown bread ones?☺

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 09-10-2021

Mo4, yes, of course !

Fresh warm brown soda bread and butter with a sprinkle of sugar and all for the unbeatable price of Freeee  Big Grin

( it was a couple of years before I was finally figured out to be coeliac...wouldnt happen today   Sad  )

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 08:01 AM)quickbeam Wrote: Oh, I actually love listening to a heavy downpour.  It's dry here.  A few birds tweeting only.

Chance of a siesta later in the day, absolutely 100%!
I just woke from a siesta. I had a terrible night's sleep, so on reading this thread earlier, decided it was the only thing to do for the afternoon. Great idea!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Kol - 09-10-2021

Finally booked my flights home for next month. My first time back since the pandemic started. I usually go home 3 times a year so its been a long time

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 09-10-2021

Fucking fireworks outside!! Bad enough to have to put up with them at Halloween without having it for the whole month!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 09-10-2021

I'm hoping for a different kind of fireworks a bit later to be honest. There's a solar flare currently heading our way. While the exact extent of the event is still being modelled, it looks as if anyone north of Dublin might be in for some Auroras on Monday and Tuesday night. Too far north for me here in Cork, but maybe some of the other forum members will get lucky...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Necro - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 07:46 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Fucking fireworks outside!!  Bad enough to have to put up with them at Halloween without having it for the whole month!

This might annoy you even more so  Confused

Necro's Spooktacular Halloween HEEPS: https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=177

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 08:23 PM)thomil Wrote: I'm hoping for a different kind of fireworks a bit later to be honest. There's a solar flare currently heading our way. While the exact  extent of the event is still being modelled, it looks as if anyone north of Dublin might be in for some Auroras on Monday and Tuesday night. Too far north for me here in Cork, but maybe some of the other forum members will get lucky...

Now anything along those lines I have zero problem with. Will look out for them. Not really that far north, but you never know.

(09-10-2021, 08:45 PM)Necro Wrote: This might annoy you even more so  Confused

Necro's Spooktacular Halloween HEEPS: https://forumofgames.com/showthread.php?tid=177

Naw, nothing noisy or annoying about a game of Sheep in whatever variety it's being presented.

Le bed.

Wait. It's 9.30pm on a Saturday and I'm in bed.

My 30 minute siesta this afternoon probably means I won't be in bed for hours yet!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 10-10-2021

Good morning everyone Smile Tableside here with some chill tunes and a large mug of caramel coffee at the end of a VERY lazy morning. I guess we all need one of those once in a while...

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 10-10-2021

Had a nice sleep, just getting up now to get ready to go for afternoon tea at 3 with friends for one of their birthdays.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-10-2021

Sounds like a lovely afternoon ahead @nothing , enjoy ☺
Time to put on my boots and go out to the garden, otherwise I'll get as lazy as fcuk and sit on my rear end for the day watching mindless tv .

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - thomil - 10-10-2021

Nothing wrong with mindless TV. I've spent the last hour or so watching a volcano in the Canary Islands Wink

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Leg End Reject - 10-10-2021

HeyV"s sheep reveal is on now! I know many here entered.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 10-10-2021

Changed the bed linen and put on a wash #winning pac

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - cee_jay - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 03:07 PM)ari101 Wrote: Changed the bed linen and put on a wash #winning pac
This is on my list of things to do today. I went and got the car washed and treated myself to a manicure instead.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - ari101 - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 03:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 03:07 PM)ari101 Wrote: Changed the bed linen and put on a wash #winning pac
This is on my list of things to do today. I went and got the car washed and treated myself to a manicure instead.

I need to do my nails Confused but they have to come off next weekend for an appointment so I refuse to do them this weekend too (they outgrown nail is not so glam Big Grin)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Diamonds of Frost - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 03:18 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 03:10 PM)cee_jay Wrote: This is on my list of things to do today. I went and got the car washed and treated myself to a manicure instead.

I need to do my nails Confused but they have to come off next weekend for an appointment so I refuse to do them this weekend too (they outgrown nail is not so glam Big Grin)
What sort of manicure do you have ari? I'll be getting mine done on Thursday for only the second time in my life. A manicure and Shellac. I won't know meself  Cool

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 10-10-2021

Reading done for today. Time to catch up on some recordings.

(10-10-2021, 04:58 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 03:18 PM)ari101 Wrote: I need to do my nails Confused but they have to come off next weekend for an appointment so I refuse to do them this weekend too (they outgrown nail is not so glam Big Grin)
What sort of manicure do you have ari? I'll be getting mine done on Thursday for only the second time in my life. A manicure and Shellac. I won't know meself  Cool

I do DIY gel at home, just overlay on my own rather long nails.  I had been interested in trying it for a while as I follow a number of youtube nail channels, so bought the lamp and electric file and everything during the first lockdown and just taught myself Big Grin Haven't graduated to Acrylic yet, but I can build an extension with a form and polygel or builder gel if I break one! Mostly I use a builder get to give mine enough strength to not break while being quite long. I like to do marbling and ombre with gel polishes and there is always some glitter or cheap fake crystals and metal decals for a bit of sparkle Smile Just ordered some alcohol inks to try for my next adventure! I do detest removing and filing/shaping them though... 
Hope you get something nice. I spied a girl in Finglas who does acrylic with great gel polish art (https://www.instagram.com/tashas_beauty_page/)

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - nothing - 10-10-2021

I don't think I've ever had my nails done... Possibly for my debs but don't remember. I keep them reasonably short, just over the finger tip usually, otherwise they get in the way or break! Don't think I've worn nail varnish in about 15 years!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 05:23 PM)ari101 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 04:58 PM)Diamonds of Frost Wrote: What sort of manicure do you have ari? I'll be getting mine done on Thursday for only the second time in my life. A manicure and Shellac. I won't know meself  Cool

I do DIY gel at home, just overlay on my own rather long nails.  I had been interested in trying it for a while as I follow a number of youtube nail channels, so bought the lamp and electric file and everything during the first lockdown and just taught myself Big Grin Haven't graduated to Acrylic yet, but I can build an extension with a form and polygel or builder gel if I break one! Mostly I use a builder get to give mine enough strength to not break while being quite long. I like to do marbling and ombre with gel polishes and there is always some glitter or cheap fake crystals and metal decals for a bit of sparkle Smile Just ordered some alcohol inks to try for my next adventure! I do detest removing and filing/shaping them though... 
Hope you get something nice. I spied a girl in Finglas who does acrylic with great gel polish art (https://www.instagram.com/tashas_beauty_page/)

I have no idea what any of those words mean. It's like a PhD in Beauty or the Starbucks language of coffees.  Colour me impressed. I wouldn't know the first thing about ... well, any of it. Well done, ari - good looord, marbling?! I have only ever managed clear varnish (and that was a decade ago), else it would look like a toddler did my nails (and painted my fingers as well, lol).  This goes for makeup too - never got the hang of anything fashionably feminine.

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - quickbeam - 10-10-2021

(10-10-2021, 07:37 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I have only ever managed clear varnish (and that was a decade ago), else it would look like a toddler did my nails (and painted my fingers as well, lol).  This goes for makeup too - never got the hang of anything fashionably feminine.

Meet your twin.

(10-10-2021, 07:40 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:37 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: I have only ever managed clear varnish (and that was a decade ago), else it would look like a toddler did my nails (and painted my fingers as well, lol).  This goes for makeup too - never got the hang of anything fashionably feminine.

Meet your twin.

Make that triplets!

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - Mam of 4 - 10-10-2021

(07-10-2021, 07:14 PM)quickbeam Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:32 PM)DejaBoo Wrote: First FoG babes ever! Congratz Lorcan family and Necro Clan - such delightful news!

Not quite.

(10-10-2021, 07:56 PM)nothing Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 07:40 PM)quickbeam Wrote: Meet your twin.

Make that triplets!

Quadruplets now !

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - DejaBoo - 10-10-2021

all we need is grem and babyncrumble and we could have an entire team Big Grin

Haha, I watch videos of really good technicians for a couple of years before I tried it Big Grin The good thing about gel is it only dries when you put it in the lamp, so you can go nice and slow to try not make a mess (still manage to make lots of mess though pac) and if you decide you don't like it before it goes in the lamp you can wipe it off and try again.

I love that I can have pretty nails for weeks with no chipped polish Smile

This whole painting your nails stuff always seems a bit like putting on war paint or dipping arrow tips in poison to me pac

Anyway, desk side here after a great improvised dinner. waiting on the last load of laundry for today to tumble out of the dryer before I tumble into bed.

(10-10-2021, 09:27 PM)thomil Wrote: This whole painting your nails stuff always seems a bit like putting on war paint or dipping arrow tips in poison to me pac

Anyway, desk side here after a great improvised dinner. waiting on the last load of laundry for today to tumble out of the dryer before I tumble into bed.
I will always remember ^ that now shock

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0527/2577/6541/files/Arrow-head_Shaped_Nails_1024x1024.jpg?v=1620791530

RE: We don't know where we are, but at least we know what to do - dawg - 10-10-2021

Oh My F**king Gawd Dodgy Confused 

That must be the most disturbing pic I've seen in years

Boo, do you need Counselling after posting that ?

I think I still have my stab-proof vest from my armed security days somewhere around here shock
*proceeds to rummage through closets*