A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar.
Walrus - The Return - Printable Version

+- A sheep, a werewolf and a walrus walk into a bar. (https://forumofgames.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Games (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Walrii (https://forumofgames.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Walrus - The Return (/showthread.php?tid=302)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 15-04-2022

MEANING....

In 1st place with 12 points

Spears

Atreyu - Warrior

This was just the perfect entry for this category. It has that epic feel to a proper champion’s entrance. You can see a guy winning his first world title with a generic theme and coming out to this as his new entrance in the aftermath – we just erm… have to cut it off before Travis Barker starts his rapping and ruins it Tongue. Great choice and perfect fit.

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 15-04-2022

So after 2 rounds our table looks like this...

NamePop Punk VS Nu MetalTheme SongExercise SongWildcard FinaleBonus PointsTotal
Rachel Stevens121022
ShaneU10717
Trigger11415
JP Liz V18614
Sephiroth_dude5813
Sawduck41115
Spears61218
Butty Brennan9514
Deja Boo7916

R*Soaps leads the way on 22 points with Spears in second and ShaneU in third but it's still all to play for with midtable very very close.

Final 2 rounds and the bonus points will be revealed probably Monday evening assuming nothing else is running that night on the forum!!

Thanks for reading along so far folks!!

RE: Walrus - The Return - RSOAPS - 15-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 07:21 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 3rd place with 10 points

SpoilerShow Content

Imagine Dragons x J.I.D. - Enemy

Love the start stop element of the lyrics with the beat. This is top notch stuff. Not something I expected to be submitted but it just works so well. You can picture the ring walk and then the pose on the ropes. Very little between this and second place here it has to be said.

Nice. Thought this might be a tad risky to go for, simply because I wasn't sure if you would like the song. My recent trip to a live wrestling show may have helped with this, as my brother and I were discussing what our entrance themes might be. I was in the middle of watching Arcane on Netflix (this is the theme song) around the time and I could totally see myself strutting around to this and playing up to the crowd, so I already had it in mind when the category popped up.

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 15-04-2022

Oh ma gowd, I cant belive I won that round, i'm floored! 

I didn't even like the song that much myself, even though the lyrics do fit  Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

I have no idea anything about wrestling or the female charators, but in my mind I decided I wanted to be something witchy lol. 

Like the scene in Shakespears's Sister song 'Stay' when the evil witch makes her enterance. I was looking for a song to suit that, and was sulking after not being able to come up with anything. So had my submission song as a backup.

Thought it would have been a flop, so chuffed that it done so well  Heart

RE: Walrus - The Return - Trigger - 15-04-2022

Ha I knew it was coming, just one thing to say!

[Image: wwe-guiyar.gif]

RE: Walrus - The Return - jp liz v1 - 16-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 06:56 PM)Spears Wrote: Oh holy fcuk, Roman Reigns!  shock

Why didn't anybody tell me I should be watching wrestling

Acknowledge Him  Big Grin

[Image: NSVBCgvpRqu41RhJ8]

[Image: 9uw8Qki.png]

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 16-04-2022

@jp liz v1  Roman Reigns is very similar to the Papa Roach band member who swayed my submission for last nights song  Shy (Tobin Esperance -left in bottom pic). 

Two seriously tasty men!

But I think Roman Reigns may even be that little bit ahead of Esperance. I wouldn't even mind if he let himself go a little bit and came home to me with a bit of a dad bod. He'd be even better Tongue

[Image: 927bfc61445c55bf4324ede6afb237f7.jpg]

[Image: Papa-Roach-TO-1132x509.jpg]

*Don't mind me I'm talking shyte. If a man like Reigns looked at me with those delicious eyes, I wouldn't even be able to speak, and might very well pass out!  Sad Big Grin Big Grin

I like tribal chef heel Reigns, the family man and a cancer survivor, cousin of The Rock

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 16-04-2022

(16-04-2022, 12:33 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: Acknowledge Him  Big Grin

Big Grin

I didn't get what that meant before, but I watched a match earlier with him vs Edge and he said it at the end Cool

(16-04-2022, 05:41 PM)jp liz v1 Wrote: I like tribal chef heel Reigns, the family man and a cancer survivor, cousin of The Rock

The Rock does nothing for me. But I'd happily have a bit of Reign any day  Tongue

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 18-04-2022

(15-04-2022, 07:42 PM)Necro Wrote: Final 2 rounds and the bonus points will be revealed probably Monday evening assuming nothing else is running that night on the forum!!

Is this happening today?  Shy

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 18-04-2022

(18-04-2022, 04:33 PM)Spears Wrote:
(15-04-2022, 07:42 PM)Necro Wrote: Final 2 rounds and the bonus points will be revealed probably Monday evening assuming nothing else is running that night on the forum!!

Is this happening today?  Shy

I was holding off till tomorrow as I thought @jp liz v1 was revealing her 'quickfire sheep'  Angel

If that's not going ahead I can reveal the final two rounds at 9pm.

RE: Walrus - The Return - jp liz v1 - 18-04-2022

(18-04-2022, 07:11 PM)Necro Wrote:
(18-04-2022, 04:33 PM)Spears Wrote: Is this happening today?  Shy

I was holding off till tomorrow as I thought @jp liz v1 was revealing her 'quickfire sheep'  Angel

If that's not going ahead I can reveal the final two rounds at 9pm.

Cheers for the reminder will do tonight if that's ok @Necro

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 19-04-2022

Apologies folks time deserted me today, I will 100% run the end of the reveal tomorrow evening around 7pm. The joys of new babies!!

RE: Walrus - The Return - RSOAPS - 21-04-2022

(19-04-2022, 08:22 PM)Necro Wrote: Apologies folks time deserted me today, I will 100% run the end of the reveal tomorrow evening around 7pm. The joys of new babies!!

Congrats though, didn't realise you had a new addition to the fam... Whoop! Whoop!

RE: Walrus - The Return - Necro - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 12:29 AM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote:
(19-04-2022, 08:22 PM)Necro Wrote: Apologies folks time deserted me today, I will 100% run the end of the reveal tomorrow evening around 7pm. The joys of new babies!!

Congrats though, didn't realise you had a new addition to the fam... Whoop! Whoop!

Sorry sorry sorry I went drinking for a match last night 🤣🤣

Ok I'm gonna finish this off tonight at 9.30pm!!!

RE: Walrus - The Return - Spears - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 12:18 PM)Necro Wrote: Sorry sorry sorry I went drinking for a match last night 🤣🤣

Exercise Songs

This one could be divisive. I find that what you listen to when you exercise can vary quite a bit but anyways…. I’d be into the upbeat songs to get my blood pumping such as the ones below:

Same story here, saving top and bottom for last, right up the table otherwise. Gloriously there were no duplicates submitted in ANY round Big Grin

I'll be back in 30 mins or so with the reveal for the Exercise Round!

RE: Walrus - The Return - Sephiroth_Dude - 21-04-2022

Hooray ! Best make a cupan tae so!

RE: Walrus - The Return - DejaBoo - 21-04-2022

I missed this reveal, but happy I scored above zero atleast Big Grin

In 8th place with 5 points

SpoilerShow Content

SpaceDust - Gym & Tonic

Beat is definitely what I’m looking for to get my heart rate up. Doesn’t really do anything else though it kind of just.. stays there. Like this entry stayed here, I guess.

RE: Walrus - The Return - Sephiroth_Dude - 21-04-2022

Hahahaha I partly guessed as much 😂

That's a good playlist you've got there yourself @Necro  Cool

My own song is a bit tame in some parts, buts it's definitely an artist I'd be listening to in the gym..

In 7th place with 6 points

SpoilerShow Content

Kings of Leon - The Bucket

An ok entry, excellent song but not something I’d be exercising to. Again it sort of just reaches a point and stays there.

In 6th place with 7 points

SpoilerShow Content

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Candy Racer

This is more like it but fcuk me that voice is annoying as hell. Like seventeen starlings chirping at you all at once. It gets a bit repetitive too after the 3 minute mark, which would be plenty for this type of track so here is a fair ranking for this one imo.

(21-04-2022, 09:40 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 6th place with 7 points

SpoilerShow Content

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Candy Racer

This is more like it but fcuk me that voice is annoying as hell. Like seventeen starlings chirping at you all at once. It gets a bit repetitive too after the 3 minute mark, which would be plenty for this type of track so here is a fair ranking for this one imo.
Like hamsters on acid, no way I could keep up with them!

In 5th place with 8 points

SpoilerShow Content

Regard, Years & Years - Hallucination

Now we’re getting into my sort of territory. Still a little slow for my liking (I know), but I’d definitely whack this like halfway down a playlist for my ten mins on the treadmill pac

I think @ShaneU 's song would givve me an anxiety attack  Big Grin

(21-04-2022, 09:33 PM)Spears Wrote: My own song is a bit tame in some parts, buts it's definitely an artist I'd be listening to in the gym..

(21-04-2022, 09:45 PM)Necro Wrote:
In 5th place with 8 points

SpoilerShow Content

Regard, Years & Years - Hallucination

Now we’re getting into my sort of territory. Still a little slow for my liking (I know), but I’d definitely whack this like halfway down a playlist for my ten mins on the treadmill pac
Can't complain with that!  Big Grin

I love Years & Years.

& I'm becoming a fan of Regards stuff too. Both would be on my playlist

In 4th place with 9 points

SpoilerShow Content

Brantley Gilbert - Kick It In The Sticks

Countrified!! Now we’re suckin diesel! I definitely have a grá for guitar riffs and quicker tempo. Very good entry.

Wow, yay Necro, thanks! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Walrus - The Return - RSOAPS - 21-04-2022

I'm in trouble here if fast paced Cardio Workout Soundtracks is what you wanted, prefer to go for songs that fit Resistance & Weight Training for my exercise playlists...

(21-04-2022, 09:52 PM)Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick Wrote: I'm in trouble here if fast paced Cardio Workout Soundtracks is what you wanted, prefer to go for songs that fit Resistance & Weight Training for my exercise playlists...
Enya with yoga, for me Big Grin

In 3rd place with 10 points

SpoilerShow Content

A-Ha - Take On Me

This put me in an awkward position as vice-president of the ‘I hate A-Ha’ fanclub. It’s absolutely perfect for the category and I’m preeeettttyyyy sure I’ve had it come up in one of my playlists before so it’s gotta rank fairly high. And I need to hand in my badges  Huh

Nice song @DejaBoo 

Country music would be one of my very least known music styles. 

I was traumatized researching for a country walrus before. it was in the other place so it never went ahead in the end.

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick usually submits nice country songs that I can handle too

RE: Walrus - The Return - ShaneU - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 09:45 PM)Spears Wrote: I think @ShaneU 's song would givve me an anxiety attack  Big Grin

It gets the blood pumping! Was always going to be a risky pick, could have easily picked some predictable pop song instead

In 2nd place with 11 points

SpoilerShow Content

Avicii - Wake Me Up

Again I am NOT a fan of Avicii. I think I slaughtered this track in a previous Walrus. But all that being said it fits perfectly into the mould of what I’d have on a playlist for working out. And so it bags our brave entrant (who also entered it previously iirc) second place.

And that leaves

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick

AND

@Sawduck

(21-04-2022, 09:57 PM)Spears Wrote: Nice song @DejaBoo 

Country music would be one of my very least known music styles. 

I was traumatized researching for a country walrus before. it was in the other place so it never went ahead in the end.

@Rachel Stevens on a Pogo Stick usually submits nice country songs that I can handle too
Thanks Spears - not many people like Country,, some of it is just plain awful.  I am not a fan of old Western (cringe) twang (which most people seem to like), guess I'm just backward!

...wait, there was a country walrus? how'd I miss that!!!  Angry

oooh cool, will look forward to Soapy Country songs!